What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Just came home from a heavy nightshift at the bakery.

we-22-2hat-tee.jpg

we-22-2-backsweaterjeans.jpg

we-22-2backjeans.jpg

we-22-2frontjeans.jpg

I am wearing a stussy cap.

Stussy rat tee

Evisu X puma limited bandana.

Adidas Vintage Track jacket

Evisu japan jeans as always.

the beater Asics as usual. Too much snow to f**k up my nice stuff.

now i got to sleep. good night.

Quote:
Quote:

o9r19w.jpg

leroy

polo vneck

5ep

sb classic

Edited by sphoxx on Feb 21, 2006 at 10:00 PM

--- Original message by sphoxx on Feb 21, 2006 09:59 PM

the cut on that hoody is not so good! what size is it?

--- Original message by boystory on Feb 21, 2006 11:12 PM

Agreed, cut is horrible, size M, not keeping btw

Quote:

from a few days ago, an afternoon in burgos, on the left-->

00225a3eb.jpg

target girl sunglasses

black jockey tshirt

aa hoody

apc new standards (2 weeksish)

white jack purcells

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Feb 21, 2006 10:17 PM

Looks good, especially the AA hoodie fit. For some reason mine are baggier where the sleeves hit the cuffs whereas yours looks very vintage. Reminds me of the MC5 or Cedric or Omar from ATDI/Volta cuz of the hair/skinny clothes.

Ive been looking at the forums for a couple weeks here now, but heres my first post...

me.jpg

h&m hat - doesnt look that great, but it covers up my hair when it needs covering, and the fit of it reminds me of the running hats i wear when i run, so i like that

Old glasses that ive had for about 4 years

facial hair - hasnt so much as been trimmed in months... Im going for 6 months, then it will be ready... hopefully it wont smell to bad by then ;) haha.

thrift store t-shirt. it fits really well, which is hard to find in a t shirt.

Nudie slim jim greycasts

vans slip-ons

Edited by jwied82 on Feb 21, 2006 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:

00225a3eb.jpg

target girl sunglasses

black jockey tshirt

aa hoody

white jack purcells

Looks good, especially the AA hoodie fit. For some reason mine are baggier where the sleeves hit the cuffs whereas yours looks very vintage. Reminds me of the MC5 or Cedric or Omar from ATDI/Volta cuz of the hair/skinny clothes.

--- Original message by verb on Feb 21, 2006 11:40 PM

Great glasses, fantastic hair. I need to get some New Standards.

Quote:

Ive been looking at the forums for a couple weeks here now, but heres my first post...

me.jpg

h&m hat - doesnt look that great, but it covers up my hair when it needs covering, and the fit of it reminds me of the running hats i wear when i run, so i like that

facial hair - hasnt so much as been trimmed in months... Im going for 6 months, then it will be ready... hopefully it wont smell to bad by then ;) haha.

Nudie slim jim greycasts

vans slip-ons

--- Original message by jwied82 on Feb 21, 2006 11:55 PM

apc facial hair greycast unwashed 6 months

Guest Fade to Black

2006_02220007_edited.jpg

vintage cashmere sweater

y's by yohji yamamoto pinstripe white button down

urban outfitters belt

y's by yohji yamamoto trousers

usual sneakers

Quote:

00225a3eb.jpg

target girl sunglasses

black jockey tshirt

aa hoody

white jack purcells

Is that a regular AA hoodie or the one with thermal lining? I agree with everyone that it looks great! icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

00225a3eb.jpg

target girl sunglasses

black jockey tshirt

aa hoody

white jack purcells

Is that a regular AA hoodie or the one with thermal lining? I agree with everyone that it looks great! icon_smile.gif

--- Original message by jiomitori on Feb 22, 2006 12:19 AM

I believe its a thermal lined AA hoodie, you can tell because if you look at the hood its navy.

"Patience, both we and our words are overproduced by influence"

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

ftb: I like your look, but i think the loose slightly wavy collar detracts from clean, un-sloppy look you have going. You should try wearing your collar tucked in with the top unbuttoned, or tucked and buttoned. I think that would look good.

Edited by heartsandcrafts on Feb 22, 2006 at 12:39 AM

--- Original message by heartsandcrafts on Feb 22, 2006 12:39 AM

thanks for the critique. Yeah I don't know why the collar looks wavy...it didn't before, however i had just washed it yesterday and now's my first time wearing it since then. I tried both your methods, however it looked kinda awkward, maybe I can't pull that look off or these pieces not suitable for that. Oh well...heh looking at it from a pretentious point of view, one can say the sloppiness of the collar provides a stark contrast to the sobriety of the rest of the outfit :P

Quote:

See, I wonder if those ones hold their shape better because they are thicker.

--- Original message by jiomitori on Feb 22, 2006 12:45 AM

Why? Have you had problems with your hoodies holding their shape? I have one of the track jackets and it keeps its shape for a couple weeks then a good washing brings it back into check.

"Patience, both we and our words are overproduced by influence"

fade to black, what the white line going down your pants?

Also, i must say the pants look way too baggy... same with the tops, really, though not as bad

Your face and glasses look very strong and angular, but from the neck down looks somewhat shapeless and lacks definition..

Edited by jwied82 on Feb 22, 2006 at 12:57 AM

Guest Fade to Black

jwied it's a stripe of backwards letters that read "Y's Yohji Yamamoto...Wool Gabardine" the words are separated by arrow-like thingies.

also it's a bad pic. The sweater doesn't actually look like that, much more form fitted and not as "hanging/torso shortening" in real life...and the pants are cut baggy like that, it's Yohji's signature shape.

Edited by Fade to Black on Feb 22, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Quote:

HAHA! it was a joke.. i do wash my beard when i shower everyday! I thought the sarcasm would be easily detected.

But its true that i havent trimmed or shaved it at all for quite some time.. but hey, it keeps my face warm and skin protected during the winter.

--- Original message by jwied82 on Feb 22, 2006 01:01 AM

Haha, I was being somewhat sarcastic as well...but go to school here in Eugene, Oregon and tend not to think twice when others mention not showering...it's just that kind of city...

...being topless around town is not frowned upon nor illegal...unfortunately it's only the middle aged women who truly appreciate that freedom

Quote:
Quote:

me.jpg

Nudie slim jim greycasts

vans slip-ons

--- Original message by jwied82 on Feb 21, 2006 11:55 PM

apc facial hair greycast unwashed 6 months

--- Original message by boystory on Feb 22, 2006 12:05 AM

A bearded man...

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:
Quote:

See, I wonder if those ones hold their shape better because they are thicker.

--- Original message by jiomitori on Feb 22, 2006 12:45 AM

Why? Have you had problems with your hoodies holding their shape? I have one of the track jackets and it keeps its shape for a couple weeks then a good washing brings it back into check.

--- Original message by greentalks43 on Feb 22, 2006 12:50 AM

I have one of the unlined ones and it tends to puff out in the stomach when I wear it, despite my stomach being flat. My choices are either put my hands in the pockets or pull down on the bottom every few minutes to straighten it out.

Quote:

Electric BSG Sunglasses

H&M Jacket

H&M Hoodie

A&F tee

A&F Slim Straight Kempshall

Vans Slip-Ons

Subway034.jpg

--- Original message by Brad Pitt on Feb 22, 2006 01:55 AM

nice jacket!

ive been voyeuring this thread for some time now.. and been looking for ppl that dress good without spending a gazillion bucks on clothes. found 1icon_smile_tongue.gif defnitly an outfit i would wear.

I'm ninja(you can't see me)

Quote:

Electric BSG Sunglasses

H&M Jacket

H&M Hoodie

A&F tee

A&F Slim Straight Kempshall

Vans Slip-Ons

Subway034.jpg

--- Original message by Brad Pitt on Feb 22, 2006 01:55 AM

those A&F jeans, could you please tell me what year and model they are exactly, also if possible show me some more pics of them. PM me thx.

like the looks btw.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

wtf.......a&f has slim cut jeans?

--- Original message by kixslf on Feb 22, 2006 03:31 AM

Everyone and their mom has been making slim cut jeans for about 2-3 seasons now.

The whole "skinny jean thing started as an early backlash against bootcut jeans by NYC East villagers, and fashionable Berliners and Parisians in particular. There were essentially 2 reactions to the extreme bootcuts - one was the Rogan "antifit" and loose fit aesthetic (which I prefer), the other the "skinny jean" aesthetic. I think that the skinny jean aesthetic caught more momentum because Hedi Slimane became "the" celebrity designer at that time, and he was always enamoured of APC's skinny silhouette, which, coincidentally, began expanding its distribution around 2001.

By 2003-2004, the lowrise bootcut had reached its apex, and the backlash against that trend had moved beyond the early adopters to the general population. In 2000-2001, unless you were in Japan or had access to obscure repro brands, you essentially had Helmut Lang and APC to choose from for straightleg/skinny/tapered jeans) in North America. Europeans had a wider range to choose from (SBU, for example) but the Swedish brands hadn't really become popular yet. Now, the Gap, Banana Republic, A&F, all carry skinny jeans, selvedge jeans, or both.

I'm not trying to "hold court" or whatever. I'm just writing my observations, and a lot of trend forecasters could write the same thing I just did.

^^ nice info. but jesus man, I think that you still missed the whole point of the "argument". No one was saying you had to buy skinny-ass Diors/Thin Finns, they were just saying buy pants that fit. Many companies were making "slim" cuts when you were shitting pampers, even in the 60s and 70s, long before Rogan/APC/etc. You honestly don't need to lecture everytime someone makes a comment on "slim" jeans.