Guest Fade to Black

Black zip-up down jacket - Prada Sport

Black cashmere cardigan, unbuttoned - Issey Miyake

Grey cashmere crewneck sweater - Holt Renfrew

White long-sleeved tee - Yohji Yamamoto

Black distressed jeans - 45 RPM

White german army sneakers - vintage

Quote:

baskew post your fit.. blind us with your awesome style..

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Feb 20, 2006 09:06 AM

Thanks for saying this. I would have, but have made enough trouble already and I told minya I wouldn't cause any more trouble.

BTW, isn't this a what are you wearing type of thread. Not a "bash other people's style" thread?

Quote: BTW, isn't this a what are you wearing type of thread. Not a "bash other people's style" thread?

bashing's fun too...i say let'er rip, 'cause if you're bold enought to post a pic of yourself on here better be tough enough to take some digs...'and if you can't take the heat...'

although i do my best to hold my tongue... :)

Edited by rhythmandsound on Feb 20, 2006 at 09:45 AM

Hey T4,

Yeah, I've been here. Sort of fun. Have you checked into the AskAndy temporary Styleforum yet? We are trying to get a headcount. It is sort of slow without our own setup, so I've been channeling my inner ernest here.

How are the Samurai coming along? You have to send me some photos! And have you gotten anything new? The RRDS have a really come along very well. I'll send you some pictures. I actually wiped out on my bike a couple of times, so there are some honest patches in them along with some decent whiskering and fading. Once I get my high resolution camera back from my brother, I'll take some pictures for you.

Also, how is the jacket? I have really been considering asking you about the bespoke maker you used, but 1) Don't have enough money for that right now, and 2) Haven't perfected my design yet. I might send you some sketches and ask you what you think. PM your email again, would you?

Cheers,

Fok.

Quote:
Quote: BTW, isn't this a what are you wearing type of thread. Not a "bash other people's style" thread?

bashing's fun too...i say let'er rip, 'cause if you're bold enought to post a pic of yourself on here better be tough enough to take some digs...'and if you can't take the heat...'

although i do my best to hold my tongue... :)

Edited by rhythmandsound on Feb 20, 2006 at 09:45 AM

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Feb 20, 2006 09:42 AM

Again, I think that critiques can be done without really bashing people. It takes a lot more talent to do that then to just bash. Seriously, I was a stylist in LA and had a small but decent client base, and no one is going to pay for advice like "You're just not pulling it off. Your style sucks". Skec8r was right - it takes education and some imagination to put things together well. It takes the same to critique someone well and suggest things to change or new things to try without pushing them way out of their comfort zone or just be insulting.

Yes, this is just my opinion. But a common logical fallacy is to assume that everyone's opinion is equal. For example, and to take the argument outside the (obviously) volatile arena of fashion. I am a atmospheric scientist. I would say that my opinion on global warming would be worth more than that of say, Rush Limbaugh, who thought that the greenhouse effect was impossible because carbon dioxide weighs more than the other consituents of air.

Quote:

nice bowling form.

but i take it you werent bowling.

peace.

--- Original message by sauce1 on Feb 20, 2006 10:52 AM

I wish I could beat a 150 in bowling. Man, it is is definitely fun to watch some huge 300 lb dude with a great mullet going for a 300 on ESPN2 during slow periods. Much respect.

Quote:
Quote:

baskew post your fit.. blind us with your awesome style..

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Feb 20, 2006 09:06 AM

Thanks for saying this. I would have, but have made enough trouble already and I told minya I wouldn't cause any more trouble.

BTW, isn't this a what are you wearing type of thread. Not a "bash other people's style" thread?

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 20, 2006 09:13 AM

I really wasn't bashing him. I was just saying how it is.

There is no time, what so ever, where manpri's are tolerated. If he would have been in some rocawear jeans, this thread would have went ape shit.

http://www.baskew.com

All you fighting couples gotta try to work on your relationships in private, this isn't DrLove office. icon_smile_wink.gif

This thread is supposed to be:

Post 1: Here's my pic

Post 2: Lookin' good homie\where'd you get that jacket buster?\Excuse me if I offend you but I'd try the same outfit but with slimmer shoes to match your jeans (contructive criticism with tact and within the confine of the person's style not: your belt sucks ass you sissy, stop wearing a cape and start buying some dunks not ballet shoes!!!)

Post 3: thanks dude, got the jacket at Dressy Bros in NY, they still have some medium left for 125$ (25% off!!!) I can pick one for you, captain.

Post 4: Here's my pic

Post 5: you get the drift

Don't start a long discussion about what the person is wearing, this guide should be useful to everyone so feel free to use it. I'll stop disgressing and follow my own advice for now.

Regards

Quote:

day one on my raw dukes

dukes1.jpg

home made joy division t

imperial raw dukes

vans tru wht sk8 hi

--- Original message by haptronic on Feb 20, 2006 12:44 PM

the shoes look kinda weird with your overall style though, maybe something smaller fitting? nice denim though

-I felt good times come, i thought they stay

angels came, but they left today.

hotel motel its hot in hell

now i am left with no home-

Quote:

day one on my raw dukes

dukes1.jpg

home made joy division t

imperial raw dukes

vans tru wht sk8 hi

--- Original message by haptronic on Feb 20, 2006 12:44 PM

Can't see enough of the tee to make sure but basically it looks like you've used the unknown pleasures cover but didn't put on the text like the "commercial" releases do? Am I right or is there additional details I'm missing? Anyway DIY is always a DO in my book.