What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote: England, seeing that picture, I don't even know why I bothered responding at all.

Practice what you preach prick......first you call people out about critiquing your outfit with "blanket generalizations" and then you take a low-blow at my outfit? Hah hah.........the hypocrisy......

Edited by englandmj7 on Feb 19, 2006 at 03:45 PM

This board is seriously going to shit fast. I think it's the fashion world in general that creates the problems we're having here. Too many people, too many opinions and no matter hard somebody tries to say "You're outfit looks bad" in a nice, constructive way...you still up saying "I'm sorry, but I think your outfit looks like shit". It's just how it goes I guess, some people are thrilled at what you're wearing, some people aren't. But as a general rule of thumb, I guess just not saying anything would be better than opening one's mouth and running the risk of looking like an idiot. I'm not trying to preach here, just offering an opinion.

Back to WDYWT:

Polo

Gap

Levi's (Which are coming along nicely after about a month and a half of consistent wear. Pictures don't do em' justice though)

Some old shoes I picked up last year at AE for 9.99, comfortable as hell.

o5yo1h.jpg

Edited by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Feb 19, 2006 at 05:36 PM

Edited by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Feb 19, 2006 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Levi's 514s

Gold/blue Adidas forest hills

vintage grey cord motorcycle jacket

Autumn skateshop blue ribbon hoody

Syndrome t-shirt

--- Original message by onemancult on Feb 19, 2006 06:02 PM

Kinda wanna see pics of that fit.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Feb 19, 2006 06:04 PM

Ditto that. The colorways sound really well balanced (well, not sure about the Syndrome tee, but everything else anyway...)

I apologize for starting the drama earlier today.

Quote:

haha. Next time you get bored, go take a walk in the park or something man.

--- Original message by sybaritical on Feb 19, 2006 06:26 PM

Haha... You're not in Boston, dude. If I was back in LA, I'd totally do that. And if someone ragged on my style, I'd be like, whatever (I also wouldn't have to wear so many layers). But Boston is frigging cold, and it makes a man mean... ever seen the Shining?

Omigod, I just realized that I've become a fuckin' diva. Maybe I should audition for Project Runway or something.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 19, 2006 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:

haha. Next time you get bored, go take a walk in the park or something man.

--- Original message by sybaritical on Feb 19, 2006 06:26 PM

Haha... You're not in Boston, dude. If I was back in LA, I'd totally do that. And if someone ragged on my style, I'd be like, whatever (I also wouldn't have to wear so many layers). But Boston is frigging cold, and it makes a man mean... ever seen the Shining?

Omigod, I just realized that I've become a fuckin' diva. Maybe I should audition for Project Runway or something.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 19, 2006 at 06:34 PM

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 19, 2006 06:30 PM

on a lighter note....for all you in the know...

THIS IS BOSTON, NOT LA!

adidas sample stuff on the bay now.

DAMN YOU PEOPLE STOP WATCHING AND BID!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:
Quote: This board is seriously going to shit fast.

this board gets shittier and shittier with each passing day...a trend that was started long before you signed on i assure you. still entertaining and sometimes informative regardless...enjoy the ride!

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Feb 19, 2006 05:48 PM

true, you've been here 2 months. wait until a year or two from now.

Edited by obsessis on Feb 20, 2006 at 01:07 AM

LA guy

There's only a certain extent to which you can 'contructively criticize' another person's style. You just said that style is about perfecting the imperfections. If I apply your opinion to this, I cannot possible say somebody doesn't know how to dress right to show of his "silhouette" since he may be merely expressing the imperfections of the outfit. But style is subjective; there may be people who really just dont give a fuck, have observed most of the scene, and just dress whatever and there are those who might want criticism to improve the look.

Quote:

I see your point, I think that the picture shows a bigger flare than there actually is because of the low quality resolution and the fact that I am wearing slimmer sneakers, which makes the jeans break over the sneakers more. When I wear blazers or Sk8-Hi's or some sneaker with a bigger body, it's pretty obvious that the jeans are essentially straightlegs.

I really don't buy into the skinny jeans thing, nor to the Acne style silhouette (The Nudie Thin Finn is similar) as a long term trend. It doesn't work for most guys. First of all - your inseam needs to be bigger than your waist size for you to not look like a sausage (btw, at 31/32, I can pull off this look) and the silhouette requires that you wear really skinny tops to avoid the "German" silhouette - blousy tops, skinny jeans. I personally prefer the either a post skater silhouette - baggier jeans with a relaxed but not oversized top, or the fitted top, baggier bottom, a little like the YSL Rive Gauche 2003 season.

I think that the a true straightleg jean (like the APC Rescue or the Nudie Straight Sven) in a more relaxed cut is the silhouette that will prevail over the next few years, although more subtle bootcuts (Corpus Morphy, 5EP Low down bootcut, Nudie Olas or Ralphs, Earnest Sewn Hutches) have a lot of staying power in them. Cuts like the APC New Standard (which I am wearing now, btw) are just not flattering on the majority of guys. Most of you guys are probably skinnier than I am, but I guarantee that you are not the norm, even among denimheads.

BTW, why the groupthink? What are your ages? I'm guessing that the average age here is 18-22. I'll bet that most of you guys were wearing bootcut jeans 3 years ago. Did you think that you looked like crap back then? Seriously, instead of buying the hype (which is sold to you guys by guys like, well, me, because switching up trends is the way to get people to buy new stuff,) develop a personal style and let it evolve. If I coordinated Supertalkers to suddenly start saying that APC New Standards sucked, and that really baggy jeans were the way denim should be worn (check out pics of Levis circa 1933) would you all ditch your tight-ass jeans and start wearing everything Atelier La Durance style? Wankers.

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 19, 2006 09:15 AM

hahahaha

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.