What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

I recently got a bunch of Jay's shirts and I have to say I'm extremely pleased. I was originally drawn to the "Rising Sun" shirt, and I gotta say -- it's even nicer in person than in pictures. The fact that the shirts are dyed, not printed, means the inks have pretty much 'seared' into the t-shirt, making them look unlike any other printed t-shirts I've seen. And as LA Guy says, they're extremely soft.

my favorite part, though, is the fit -- a Small fits me PERFECTLY. Perfect in the chest, long enough so I don't look like I'm wearing a girl's tshirt (like when I wear my pink Boris shirt icon_smile_sad.gif), and loose enough in the waist to not make me look like I'm wearing a skintight shirt. Awesome.

Guest Fade to Black

votefornara: that's an innovative way of posting a picture. I'm usually not a fan of showing off logos, but i like how you cropped out the symbols/logo for each item...props.

Quote:

I recently got a bunch of Jay's shirts and I have to say I'm extremely pleased. I was originally drawn to the "Rising Sun" shirt, and I gotta say -- it's even nicer in person than in pictures. The fact that the shirts are dyed, not printed, means the inks have pretty much 'seared' into the t-shirt, making them look unlike any other printed t-shirts I've seen. And as LA Guy says, they're extremely soft.

my favorite part, though, is the fit -- a Small fits me PERFECTLY. Perfect in the chest, long enough so I don't look like I'm wearing a girl's tshirt (like when I wear my pink Boris shirt icon_smile_sad.gif), and loose enough in the waist to not make me look like I'm wearing a skintight shirt. Awesome.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 11, 2006 07:31 PM

Quote: posted by: minya on Yesterday @ 07:31 PM

my favorite part, though, is the fit -- a Small fits me PERFECTLY. Perfect in the chest, long enough so I don't look like I'm wearing a girl's tshirt (like when I wear my pink Boris shirt ), and loose enough in the waist to not make me look like I'm wearing a skintight shirt. Awesome.

Minya, hi i was wondering what your height, weight and chest size are? Ive been thinking about pickin up a bespoke T. Im really curious to see a small.

Thanks!!

Also, votefornara props Im diggin the look.

They have a site www.baltazar.la, which shows the styles available and stockists. These days, Gus seems have found out that womenare more willing to shell out than men, so he is doing a lot of belts with metallics, and I really don't dig them as much. I got mine custom made (they didn't make the colorway I wanted) through the Denim Doctors in LA on 3rd Street (not the promenade) at no extra cost, but with business having blown up, I'm not sure if they'll do that any more.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 12, 2006 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Minya, hi i was wondering what your height, weight and chest size are? Ive been thinking about pickin up a bespoke T. Im really curious to see a small.
I'm 6' tall and I fluctuate between 165lbs in summer and 175 lbs in winter (it's definitely fatty season right now... too cold to exercise). I'm usually about a 38 chest.

the shirt measures 18" across the chest and 25" in length. The material is very stretchy, so it stretches to fit easily.

Quote:
Quote: Minya, hi i was wondering what your height, weight and chest size are? Ive been thinking about pickin up a bespoke T. Im really curious to see a small.
I'm 6' tall and I fluctuate between 165lbs in summer and 175 lbs in winter (it's definitely fatty season right now... too cold to exercise). I'm usually about a 38 chest.

the shirt measures 18" across the chest and 25" in length. The material is very stretchy, so it stretches to fit easily.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 12, 2006 09:13 AM

Hrm... I'm 6' and ~170, don't know my chest measurement. I'm wearing a medium in that pic though (I know it isn't really the best quality pic), don't think I'd ever want to go any smaller.

Edited by PG2G on Feb 12, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Yeah, bringing the Brian Aggro to Superfuture. Okay, all you SFers, you know who you are, do me a favor and register at AAAC and check in at the temporary Styleforum. Pass the message on. We want to make sure as many people as possible are abreast of the situation.

No, today I wore my Oki-ni/6876 olive/grey hoodie, pretty broken down APCNew Standards, and Baltazar belt. Brown Edun "James" jacket in Alpaca blend over Engineered Garments Fields Jacket. Snow storm in Boston today, so wore Menichetti military boots instead of sneakers. First time I haven't worn sneaks this year.

AAAC= www.askandyaboutclothes.com

No, Styleforum is still down. Stay tuned in for further news.