Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Thanks all. So Now I need them hemmed, but I'm slightly nervous about this step, as I don't know whether to expect any more shrinkage in the length. 32" gives me enough length as a rule to go with (single) cuff or without, but if I'm going to see these shrink further lengthwise, maybe I should go 33"?

Volvo, aside from the inadvertent boil wash, did you see any more shrinkage?

Capsicum, 'soft cuff'? Can you illustrate that? Sorry to be a noob about this. Sanforisation has been my only friend until yesterday...

Hey holio

The 90degree wash shortened a bit the hem, other than that I've always washed the jeans at 30degrees. I hemmed my pair long enough for either a 1 inch single cuff or two mini cuffs.

If you did a 40degree wash and tumble dry i'd say you're safe enough to hem.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Speaking of orSlow, this type 1-esque jacket is tempting me really badly.

4484.jpg

03_6001_12.jpg

It's made with some lightweight 9 oz denim that looks really nice!

Now if I could just find one in my size in Japan.  :rolleyes:

Sorry for delay. House is undergoing works, nothing is where it's supposed to be. Here are my 34" Porkys measurements.

These have been washed once and hemmed twice, once in Porkys and another back in Blighty. As a result I won't bother giving the actual inseam, but I'm pretty certain they were 34" to begin with. 

Waist: 17.5"

Front rise: 11"

Back rise: 14.5"

Upper thigh: 12"

Knee: 9.25"

Leg opening: 8.25"

Few pictures. Again all cameras except iPhone are MIA. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/16816767356/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/16655060658/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/smphotography/16635334207/

16655060468_73bac2a154.jpg

thanks a million dude!

looks like I can do it wohooo!!!

it will surely stretch to 18 inches waist with some wear, I'll end up with a nice trim fit, a good alternative to TCB 60's which are more on the "leisure fit" side of things.  I only need to make sure that a 12 thigh will work, but I think it's possible. TCB are 12.5 thigh and I still have room.

not pulling the trigger now as I don't want to be overly distracted by my TCB50's contest pair, but will get them towards the end of the year!

I may have just sinned, but I just got a pair of OrSlow's 107 fit in 'used wash'. The wash just looks so authentic and comfortable I had to snag a pair. I'll put some pics up of the details when I can.

I just handled these at Beams, they're not bad for pre-distressed. The denim feels great in the hand.

Their denim chore coat was also really something; tons of personality in that denim.

^I don't have any of their denim, but the beanie and corduroys I have are top notch. The corduroys are in the 66 cut, which is pretty much perfect true-to-size. Coupy on Rakuten has most sizes in all of Boncoura's models, I'm pretty sure (XX, 66 and cinchback).

If I could find a 36 somewhere I would grab a pair, most likely the XX since the 66 would be too short and slim most likely.

It does look like the inseams are pretty short, which might be alright for me and my short legs.

aho is such an enabler!

Some more shots I came across:

0blog4.jpg

boncoura_66_indigo_6months_03.jpg

boncoura_5p_denim_66_02.jpg

those Boncoura fades samples look nice but not enough for me to justify the money they ask. And I still like much more how the TCB 60's denim fades, by a lenght.

Oh well maybe it's my wallet thinking for me ahah!

The fact is that any quality pair of jeans common to this forum will look great given the right amount of hard wear by the right person. People are oohing and ahhing over these but it really could be any of 100 different brands looking just as good. It's what you do with them that counts.

Love the Grinch!

The fact is that any quality pair of jeans common to this forum will look great given the right amount of hard wear by the right person. People are oohing and ahhing over these but it really could be any of 100 different brands looking just as good. It's what you do with them that counts.

well said! Nowadays there are many great jeans brands around in the market, either in Japan or elsewhere. It's more about the love given to a pair that makes it special rather than everything else. But anyway it's still fun to geek about details!