Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

ok, they are new - Gordon saw them last week in Japan and compares them to PBJ-007 but not as slubby. I have asked him about the model/cut and to try to order a pair - we'll see... by the way HoustonChris, Taavi from Nordic Denim House was extremely helpful - great guy, great suggestion

i tried on my 0701 sz 29 and they didnt really come close to what they are called: tight straight. the only tight part is the waist. they've shrunk pretty much to their potential according to the momo site. debating whether i should keep them..i would like the thigh and calf to be a bit smaller..maybe should go with 28...

2gtr8up.jpg

I think if you want skinny tapered jeans, these aren't the way to go.

But honestly (and I speak from experience), if you like them enough, give them time and let them break in. Downsizing more is only gonna lead to pain with Momos.

Momo 0701's thigh and calf seem very straight, loose and baggy when these jeans are new. Yet once the denim gets pliable and softens, these will drape much better and really take on the slim fit that they are. Good denim fits only reveal themselves with weeks of wear, and that's particularly so with this amazing denim.

(they also respond well to a pass through the dryer when they're damp but not wet- and don't turn inside out or you'll get irregular abrasion spots!)

Jaysus - just received another email from Taavi - apparently, Tenue de Nimes blog is wrong and the jeans they are showing are the Grand Blue which have black/indigo (similar to the Context collab) and not indigo/indigo. Think I'll go with the PBJ-009 when Gordon restocks, this is too confusing haha. some day I'll find a pair of Momotaro and Samurai, just not today! Yup, nice work renatho

I see Tenue de Nimes edited their blog to reflect the mistake - Momotaro must have contacted them or Taavi or they follow SUFU.

Hi all

I'm Christian from Indonesia

I'm using Momotaro 0705Sp Since 10/10/10

hope that we can share each other about the Momotaro

hehe

and

for first i want to ask something

My 0705SP is just Spilled by some tomato and chilli sauce

and i dont wash it

is it oke ? or what must i do ?

or will it left a mark in my Jeans ?

Thanks a lot

Hi all

hehe

and

and i dont wash it

Thanks a lot

Unfortunately I think you are going to have wash that crap out or it could rot the fabric. And yeah, it will probably leave a stain whatever you do.

Hi all

hehe

and

and i dont wash it

Thanks a lot

Spot-wash them with laundry soap or dr bronners.

washtime.jpg

If there is still a stain, simply hand wash them, you won't lose much indigo if any.

^

just go wash them or stay with them until 6 months with (maybe) some marks from your sauce :) even you wash them ..

yeah

i'm thinking bout just keep it for at least 3 months

then i can soak or wash it

but i hope no stain left

:)

Unfortunately I think you are going to have wash that crap out or it could rot the fabric. And yeah, it will probably leave a stain whatever you do.

yeah

and unfortunately this is my first japanese denim T.T

i hope no stain left

Spot-wash them with laundry soap or dr bronners.

If there is still a stain, simply hand wash them, you won't lose much indigo if any.

thanks for the advice :)

i just also spot wash it with towel and hot water

maybe after this i'll find the soap you say

btw this is my fit pic

IMG00583-20101012-1327-1.jpg

sorry for bad resolution because i'm only using my phone camera

Any chance on getting momos to stretch 2 inches? Just got my 0701 in 29 but I think I should have looked for 30 because they run a little small. They fit perfectly everywhere but right at the waist. I've gotten around half an inch stretch after 5-6 hours but it feels like an uphill battle.

i think you can safely call it slim straight

measure your ...tights... and compare to the measurements posted by stores an stuff

altemp: i did the same thing and they eventually stretched about three inches, but it was a battle and a half. you probably have at least a couple weeks of discomfort ahead of you

with naked & famous

1zdyi46.png

"Momotaro teamed up with N&F for this first ever co-brand between the two labels. The 14.5 oz denim was produced in Okayama Japan on vintage US shuttle looms and crafted into the Skinny Guy fit. I appreciate the copper rivets and iron Momotaro branded button components. A thin deerskin leather patch was placed on the back to finish off the Sanforized denim– meaning it won't shrink much if you choose to wash or soak them. The inseam also has Momotaro's trademark pink/peach inseam thread and the pocket bags have a Japanese Rising Sun and the Canadian Maple leaf."