Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

As far as the Going To Battle denim is concerned, I have no experience conserning those.

But the denim from the Copper Label is somewhat different than the Vintage Label.

Copper Label has been one washed using essences of Seto Seawater, to make the denim absorb tons of minerals. So due to this one wash, the denim feels softer than a pair of soaked Vintage Label jeans. Also the Copper Label is different in weight (14.7 oz in comparison to 15.7 oz) and hase a lighter base color to start with. The denim itself is made of cotton that they also use in some of their dress shirts.

Taavi from NDH told me that the Copper Label jeans fade faster and in a more natural way than the Vintage Label series does, but I'll just have to see that for myself. He has a pair posted on the NDH blog that turned out really nice.

why do you want your jeans to fade fast? why dont just get a pre-washed? ;). do you follow the wear and tear blog on NDH's blog?

I wish, my tts is a 28 but when I tried those 28 badboys on, I couldnt even pull them up past my thigh. Those are sized up 2 to a 30, accordingly if you can slip your hand into the front when trying them on they will be the perfect fit.

why do you want your jeans to fade fast? why dont just get a pre-washed? ;). do you follow the wear and tear blog on NDH's blog?

I don't want my jeans to fade fast. I just stated that Taavi told me the Copper Label fades faster than the Vintage Label.

I bought it because it's a great pair of jeans. Not because of the fading characteristics.

And yes, I follow the wear and tear on NDH's blog.

Just wondering, is there too much stacking for my jawns? I'm usually a stacking person so if I hem them wouldn't they just not stack as much?

There's a bit too much stacking for my personal preference but they're your jeans so wear em how you see fit. Yes, if you hem them they will stack less...

I will say that I'm not a real fan of the cuff+stack, seems redundant to me. Just hem to a length where you can either double cuff with no break or leave them uncuffed for a bit of stacking, that way you have some options.

Hi guys,

What is the difference in the fit between 0705SP and 0805SP. I know that 0905SP is a classic straight, but both the other ones are supposed to slim fit models right? Not sure how many have handled both, but would love some input.

Thanks,

EDIT: I am particularly trying to make sense of the labels Momotaro put on their backpocket flasher/tags.

0705SP: Tight Straight

0805SP: Hips Fit Slim

0905SP: Classic Straight

0905SP : slightly tapered classic straight jeans

0805SP : lower-rise trim line straight (between regular & tight fit)

0705SP : lower-rise tight straight

Hop this helps you a bit...

With thanks to morse 9443

I'd kill for some humidity here...freezing balls every day

Where to post this, great interview with the brainchild of Momotaro on the history and success of Japanese denim.

http://www.madewithjapan.com/news/2011/the-history-and-success-of-japanese-denim-exclusive-interview-with-momotaro-jeans/

With thanks to morse 9443

Another interesting link : http://www.fr.japan-in-motion.com/jim/item/mov_411/

Not sure if it is the right place, but wanted to share it anyway for those who haven't seen it. enjoy :-)

Thanks for that brilliant video ruby...I love how the obsession and care for their own denim really comes across on all the Japanese wearers randomly on the street....You can tell that they just don't give a fuh and just wash often, yielding (IMO) tastier vintage-like fades as opposed to all the more contrasty Momotaro pairs we've see in the "west". To each their own of course, but damn is their denim capable of both...

would u recommend initially soaking them or just wearing them raw?
personal pref, though i would always soak, i hate that starchy stiff feeling.

but if they are they are the momos that arent sanforized, then u definitely should soak them so u wont have sizing problems later on.

For the record - stacks are over.

Daniel - Peanut is right as always, the Vintage Label DO shrink (an inch in the waist and ~ 2" length). Soaking them is a must. Some starch comes out with a soak, but they will still be very crisp and stiff when dry.

My momos had the longest break-in period of any jeans I own (except maybe Sams). They fade fast and take creasing well regardless of how soft they get. Soak now so no surprises later. They will also stretch about an inch with a few weeks wear.