Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I was asking because mine are a few days short of four months and am thinking to soak. How do they hold up after getting in touch with water? Did they turn complety limp, or do they crease very well, after a soak or wash?

Doubting if I should do it, or just hold out to the 6 month mark.

Thanks, they hold up very well after soaking but if yours are reasonably clean and you can wait, I would hold off.

Well, I think I should soak... I don't want them to get stinky.

Soak, brother. It's not the same as a machine wash. There are too many reasons to list why regular soaks are ideal for any denim, but I've found it keeps them healthy and never hurts fades, indigo loss or creasing. Not soaking can lead to crotch blowouts though.

All my pairs are stiff as hell after the first post-wear soak, and get softer after subsequent ones.

I've had new cures fit looser than these, I think its just the crappy iphone picture. I don't think my balls would be able to handle much more shrinkage but I'm willing to find out to see the legs shrink some. Thanks for the tip.

well i had the same problem with the balls thingy. I found a solution for that tho. Move your dick and balls to the side so they don't get squeezed by the stitches around the button fly.

and yes, the fit of those 0701 look like my 0201.

Soak, brother.

+1 They kind of repel loose dirt in a magical tight-woven Japanese denim sort of way so if they are reasonably clean you can hold off. If you are worried about the smell you probably should have washed 'em last week.

I found a solution for that tho. Move your dick and balls to the side.

Hahahahahahahalol 0701 truth.

+1 They kind of repel loose dirt in a magical tight-woven Japanese denim sort of way so if they are reasonably clean you can hold off. If you are worried about the smell you probably should have washed 'em last week.

Well, would have done that if they really smelled bad. But it never hurts to ask for information, does it?

@Mlyngard:

Thanks for your welthought and informative post on behalf of soaking. Will ditch them in the water end of the week, I guess.

@Mlyngard:

Thanks for your welthought and informative post on behalf of soaking. Will ditch them in the water end of the week, I guess.

^ This... They are in the bathtub right now, soaking as we speak. If there is something to see afterwards, you'll be sure to receive an update.

hey guys, for anyone who has the 201s and 701s, can i get your input on the 201 sizing? I own 701s in size 30. should i size down to a 29 on the 201s given the higher rise or have you all been buying the same size?

many thanks for the help. haven't seen a definitive rule on sizing between 701s and 201s.

^great one, Pasko!

As for the sizing: I own a 0201 and I would size up one if I bought a 701, just because I want more room in the thighs and waist.

So vice versa: If you want to wear your jeans rather tight I'd size down one. Stay at the current waist for a looser fit. 0201 run pretty high btw.

^great one, Pasko!

As for the sizing: I own a 0201 and I would size up one if I bought a 701, just because I want more room in the thighs and waist.

This is true and mostly to accomodate for the lower rise on the 0701's.

I did go TTS on my pair of G007's (which are one wash) and I must say those are really tight. TTS on the 0701 would probably be doable for me though, since my 0201's (which are a tagged 29) fit slightly relaxed. Could have sized down on these.

So, for most people. 0201 TTS, 0701 size up one. I happen to be very slim.

hey guys, for anyone who has the 201s and 701s, can i get your input on the 201 sizing? I own 701s in size 30. should i size down to a 29 on the 201s given the higher rise or have you all been buying the same size?

many thanks for the help. haven't seen a definitive rule on sizing between 701s and 201s.

sizing for 0201:

method 1 : if you want them to fit like mine size down 1 and wear them raw from start. they will be tight but eventually they will stretch out to a nice fit.

method 2 : if you want them to fit slightly slim/regular-ish fit, go for TTS. wash them in hot water so they would get most of the shrinkage. then wear them.

method 3 : if you want them to fit regular fit, size up 1. hot wash. then wear.

So the situation is...I tried on 2 pairs...one, I could button all the way up but would need to wear a belt and I am pretty sure these will get sloppy over time. The other pair, I could not button the top 2 buttons but I like the slimmer leg and am willing to put in the time to stretch them out. I was just not sure that they would stretch out that much.

Guest nooblet333

I would say go with the one you CAN'T button up all the way, since overtime you'll stretch it out probably more than your regular waist, so you'll probably be covered when you soak/wash it, also since your going to be wearing them overtime 2-3 weeks wouldn't hurt compare to having them fit right now, but getting roomier to where you don't like it over time.

Has anyone purchased a pair of Momo's...could not button the last 2 buttons initially but eventually (after a lot of stretch) wound up with a perfect fit? I am looking at the 0705SP's...thanks!

if you tried the O/W, then you're fine.... but, if they're the RAW version, you're in for a lot of grief. the denim is tight weaved & not much give. of course, you def can always stretch them out. after all, they're just denim, but if you want to hold onto them longer__ SIZE RIGHT!