Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

had them since July 2010. why i didnt soak them? cuz i chose so.

Just another quick question. Unsanforized denims are usually "stiff" or "brittle", is not soaking your jeans causing it to be more prone to wear and tear?

^yes they are half sanforized, so the shrinkage will be less than on other raw denim. But they are stiff nevertheless, as sanforization is done e.g. with damp, this doesn't affect the starch. Mine were super stiff at first, that's why you can soak to get rid of starch (and possibly prolongen the lifespan of your jeans).

Momotaro 0201 size 36 measurements: raw (hot soak + hang dry)

Waist 18.5 (18, then stretched back to 18.5 *but no further* after a couple of days); front rise 11.5 (11); back rise 15.75 (15.5); thigh 14 (13.75); knee 10 (9.75); hem 9.75 (9.25); inseam 38.75 (37.75).

They do not stretch and are not vanity sized. I suggest going true to size for the 0201s.

Momotaro 0201 size 36 measurements: raw (hot soak + hang dry)

Waist 18.5 (18, then stretched back to 18.5 *but no further* after a couple of days); front rise 11.5 (11); back rise 15.75 (15.5); thigh 14 (13.75); knee 10 (9.75); hem 9.75 (9.25); inseam 38.75 (37.75).

They do not stretch and are not vanity sized. I suggest going true to size for the 0201s.

my 705sp stretched quite a bit in the waist after consistent wear, but i would never ever plan on getting a lot. they were mega painful at first.

Just another quick question. Unsanforized denims are usually "stiff" or "brittle", is not soaking your jeans causing it to be more prone to wear and tear?

isn't that the whole idea of wearing DRY denim? wear and tear? ;)

^ i have the same pair like him (0201) in size 30 and they have stretched out to a 32.5. i never soaked them since i got them.

Tagged 30s measure 32 raw, so isn't the 32.5" you quote actually only 0.5" of stretch?

My guess is that yours will shrink to 30" or so and maybe stretch back to 31".

did u not even give them a soak? another thing i noticed is that 0701 has a really small waist, my 29 tagged shrunk to 27.5, so different from what happens to inseam, waist is more like shrink from tagged size. they are still drying rite now and actually look a bit odd from the waist to the thigh as thigh is pretty on par with jeans from other brand which fit similar in this size but waist is much smaller. i will post fit pic 2moro.