Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

tnx for the rep guys.

btw, FYI: 'did another double soak since i got back from London. the waist has stretched out to 34, even after x2 soaks__ w/c btw measured after a couple of hours wearing them ** [measurement compared to previous soaks Xposted below]

w= 34, ins= 32.75, f/rise= 9.75, b/rise= 14.5, u/t= 12.25 kne= 9, l/o= 8.25

*** u/t measured 1 inch below crotch, imo is more accurate= 11.75],

Momotaro 701 :: 15.7 oz :: 100% Zimbabwe cotton :: SU1 @W34 :: fit : same as PBJ 005/007__ 'cept the for the slightly tapered hem :: double hot soaked :: current measurements : w= 33.75, ins [hemmed]= 33, f/rise= 10, b/rise= 14, u/t= 12.25, kne= 9, l/o= 8.5 :: fit & measurement__ exactly like PBJ 007 'cept on the leg opening.

• 3 weeks later...

I measured the 0201 and the going to battle 0201.

My 0201 unsoaked: tagged 32*36

- Waist: 85 cm / 33,4"

- front rise: 27,5 cm / 10,8"

- upper thigh: 29,5 cm / 11,6"

- knee: 23 cm / 9"

- leg opening: 22,5 cm / 8,9"

Another raw 31*36 0201.

Waist: 83 cm/ 32,68"

Leg Opening: 21,5 cm / 8,46"

Surprisingly, the one Wash Version (Going to War Label, same cut) measured almost the same, the denim's of course much softer and felt almost a bit stretchy compared to the raw one: 31*36

Waist: 81 cm / 31,89".

Last time I visited this thread I asked if I should soak these babies. And following advice I did. Though after the soak they still were too long, so I hemmed them a little. Yesterday was the first day I put them on and today I made a fitpic.

I was wondering what you all think of it.

9bjf5x.jpg

Edit: Momo 0201 btw, size 29.

Well, after the soak they got a bit softer. Though not completely limp. They are really comfortable to wear and to touch, though remaining some kind of rigid.

So they probably soften up some more with wear and conform more to my body, setting some creases eventually.

We'll see what time brings, this is the second day I'm wearing these. Lovely piece of craftsmanship.

@ Denton:

For how long have you been wearing them?

Considering the denim. I think this is the best I had yet. The texture etc. it's all beautiful and high quality. Just looking at it, makes you realise this is some good pair of jeans.

I'm wondering how it will evolve. Only time will tell.

Last time I visited this thread I asked if I should soak these babies. And following advice I did. Though after the soak they still were too long, so I hemmed them a little. Yesterday was the first day I put them on and today I made a fitpic.

I was wondering what you all think of it.

9bjf5x.jpg

Edit: Momo 0201 btw, size 29.

Great fit...I've had my eye these jeans for a while now but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I was looking into getting some 29s as well. Would you mind posting the measurements? (waist, f. rise, b. rise, thigh, knee, hem)

Thanks

^ i have the same pair like him (0201) in size 30 and they have stretched out to a 32.5. i never soaked them since i got them.

here's the measurement from BIG:

Measurements are in inches and before washing:

average shrinkage: 2" in the waist & inseam, 1/2" in rise,thigh,knee, & leg opening

further shrinkage may occur with high heat washing and high heat machine drying

momotaro-0201--10-11-2010.gif