Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Tagged 30s measure 32 raw, so isn't the 32.5" you quote actually only 0.5" of stretch?

My guess is that yours will shrink to 30" or so and maybe stretch back to 31".

No, tagged 30 measured as 30ish raw and they have stretched out to a 32ish. I measured them when I first got them.

As for shrinking issue, I will wear them as I soak them so they do not shrink as much and I will step on the inseams too while they are still damp.

^ there are two methods you could follow.

1) Pre-Soak

Choose the size that is an inch larger than your waist, then soak them in warm water and hang to dry before wearing. They will shrink down to a tight fit and will stretch with wear.

OR

2) No-Soak

Buy them tight and do not soak before wearing. They will stretch with wear. This method is for the guy that seldom or never washes his jeans. If you go this route and you end up washing them, just make sure to put them on when they are still wet and wear them to dry. This will keep them from getting too small.

i tried on my 0701 sz 29 and they didnt really come close to what they are called: tight straight. the only tight part is the waist. they've shrunk pretty much to their potential according to the momo site. debating whether i should keep them..i would like the thigh and calf to be a bit smaller..maybe should go with 28...

i tried on my 0701 sz 29 and they didnt really come close to what they are called: tight straight.

lol i have the "wide straight" jeans and they arent wide at all, but i know i have big legs. maybe u just have super skinny legs. but i agree with beat that its a good fit. if ur looking for something tighter, you should prolly go with a diff brand.

good stuff lance, let us know. anyway nordic house has posted some info on the europe line while back ago on their blog, i'll try to dig the url later

i love the deep indigo fabric, just what turns me off is this creation of separate line just for EU market. Momotaro shouldnt have done that in my humble opinion, just create one-off every now and then, that should be more appealing..

this creation of EU line makes it appear that they are second-class material which im sure it is not. its just the impression, reminds me of EVISU when they launch their EU line with all the tacky painting on jeans and embroidery ..

Hey LC_Miey - Taavi just sent a response (fast) with the same info referring to the Grand Blue which has a natural indigo warp and black weft but different from your link which shows indigo/indigo. Sounds like the indigo/indigo is a newer model than the European line. Context has a collab with Momo which has synth indigo weft and black warp or vice versa. The natural indigo/black European is $350 + shipping and must be ordered from Japan with only certain sizes remaining. I'll pursue the indigo/indigo and see what develops.

edit - and as I read the descriptions, I see what you are saying. It sounds like a sub-label with quality a question. You would think Momo would continue good quality control though.