THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm seriously stuck between samurai 710s, pbjxx007, and SE05BSP. a part of me wants some real heavy weight denim, another part wants some slubby ass denim, and yet another part wants ultra fadez.

halp :(

I called BiG to ask about the Eternal 811's and some PBJ's. To my surprise, I was told that the 811's are a tight jean (surprised because I compared the actual measurements on my Levi's 505's with the measurements posted on BiG's website, and they weren't much different).

My question is: how tight are the 811's? I'm a pretty skinny guy (5'10", 135, size 30 Levi's 505's that have an actual waist of 32" and a 32" inseam), but I'm not interested in wearing either tight or baggy jeans. If I want to achieve a fit like I get with Levi's 501's or 505's what would you recommend? I've been thinking about the Eternal 811's, the PBJ XX003's (although I'd prefer a one-wash pair of jeans), PBJ XX005's, PBJ XX008's and Samurai S5000VX's. The problem with the PBJ 005's and 008's is that they seem to be low-rise, something I want to avoid (they're just not comfortable for me). Also, do any Fullcount or Sugar Cane models fit the bill of what I'm looking for? I'd like to avoid any pocket detailing if possible and just let the denim speak for itself.

I tried 2 pairs of Simon Miler jeans (too distressed for my taste) and a pair of Loomstate Prophecy jeans (very cheap, lightweight jeans that are just way too low-rise).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I'm seriously stuck between samurai 710s, pbjxx007, and SE05BSP. a part of me wants some real heavy weight denim, another part wants some slubby ass denim, and yet another part wants ultra fadez.

halp :(

Just go for the Samurai 710's. You won't regret it a year down the road when they are still kicking around in decent shape.

As far as i know, none of those are "real heavyweight" and fades come no matter what. Go for the fit and the details!

The 710's are 19oz's. Not exactly peanuts in the "weight game".

Is 21oz plus the only thing that can be defined as heavy weight?

Sorry, I'm new to SuFu and couldn't find the Uniqlo or APC threads--still trying to figure this whole thing out!

I found a pair of Uniqlo Kaihara Denim on Ebay for about 75.00. My question is, I've never tried on Uniqlos but have heard some good and bad things about them. I am usually a 28 in the APC New Standards and was wondering how these Uniqlos fit in comparison?

I asked the seller which fit the Uniqlos were but he wasn't able to tell me even though they still have tags and he did send me numerous pictures so i doubt they're fake. They're described as Kaihara denim (which is supposed to be extremely good quality right?) and a slim fit.

Are they slimmer than New Standards (similar to New Cures)? Same?

Should i size down 1 or 2? Are they sanforized?

ANY HELP would do! Please answer any questions you can, it'd be awesome!

Thanks!

buy true to size or size down one, the waist stretches a lot. i love my pair of uniqlo, i say buy them

Thanks for the advice!

Do you know how they fit compared to APC NS? Tighter? Looser? Same? I'm just trying to gauge it because i can't return them! They are described as a slim straight fit.

I don't really have a this or that question, it's more of a what should I buy next? I just started a pair of APC NS (Size 30) and they have stretched out considerably ~ 16.75 in the waist measured using BiG. I also own a pair of Nudie SJDJ in 31x32 which I really like the fit of and attached pics below. Although I just started my NS I want to look into what my next project will be after I'm done with these. Could anyone recommend me a pair of jeans which would fit my body better as well as offer size advice? I would like to find a pair of jeans that might be slimmer through the legs than my SJDJ but I doubt they would look good with my hips.

If it helps, my true waist is anywhere from a 33-34 depending on the day. My thighs are 21.5" and calves are 14" and I normally get a 30" inseam for dressier pants.

dsc02615.th.jpg

dsc02616.th.jpg

Fit pic of my APCs

00000253.th.png

kinda new to this site. (been reading for ages, but just registered lately)

thinking buying off rakuten (i can read a bit of japanese) cant decide over flathead 3001 or pjb xx005..... any suggestions?? (i'm after fades, but dont like blowouts in the crouch...)