THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

5 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

[..] But the idea that artisans by definition have to be unbearable I find tiresome [..]

It was a figure of speech. I can put it another way - artisans do not obliged to be pleasers. 

By the way, I don't find TCB 20's in the same league as 0105. I have both, and I like the TCB's, but still, they're simpler and the cut isn't as cool. That said, I can easily imagine someone else making a different conclusion and comparison.

• 1 month later...

How would you compare these three brands in terms of their core denim models: Resolute, Orslow, Workers. All three fall into a similar market class: simple, neat cuts that are vintage inspired with modern accommodations. All three pair well with ivy, trad and modern styles, moreso than workwear. Of the three I have experience with Orslow, the cut and color of which I enjoy but I find the oxidized rivets to be a little cheesy. Workers makes exceptional OCBDs and outerwear and I am denim curious. Resolute comes in a range of inseam lengths which is helpful for tell people. Do any other brands fall within this niche?

01105081_22s_8.jpg.f02c30fc9aa5ce30a3cb4324787327bd.jpg1625178960_Screenshot2023-08-12at12-16-40WorkersCo.LTD(@workers_japan)Instagramphotosandvideos.thumb.png.7c5c6e59fb9817ce66842e154300bdc6.png85166653_Screenshot2023-08-12at12-19-48RESOLUTEOFFICIAL(@resolute_japan)Instagramphotosandvideos.thumb.png.86c7380958e89200ae3235eb27d26afc.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 11:30 AM, willi said:

Do any other brands fall within this niche?

Post O'Alls?

If we include Post then we may as well include Engineered Garments. Though they do plenty of things that stray from simple clean classic cuts these days. 

Edit - Engineered Garments Workaday line fits in nicely with Workers. 

Edited by merzbot

I’m looking for a basic Buffalo plaid flannel in red/black or yellow/black. Does anyone know Japan made ones that come in big sizes?

FW 17.5 is too small but FW jackets in 48 fit  

IH XXXL is too small

SDA too small

UES size 5 are too small. 

thanks!

Edited by vlad_III