SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

eeriegardlessly - My bad, wrong wording. I mean, I know what they're for but I don't think people nowadays actually NEED the hidden rivet as none of the jean enthusiasts do the actual hard work that jeans were initially made for.

erk - Hmm...I know I'm not the only one because PandaDenim's also felt some discomfort with them: check here

Maybe he has a very bony butt?

I've never even noticed my rivets... except for when I pulled my jeans on commando and the rivets were cold.

thats possible. but I dont think panda has a bony butt...

are your pants really tight?

I can definitely feel the rivets on the cinch back of my 37s when they're cold. kind of a weird sensation.

thats possible. but I dont think panda has a bony butt...

are your pants really tight?

I can definitely feel the rivets on the cinch back of my 37s when they're cold. kind of a weird sensation.

cud be that he wears them low enough to sit on them

they wont hurt if you're not sitting on them(i dont think)

lab_0001_0002_0_img0129.jpg

I've got a pair of black APC NS and had them for 8-9 months now.. wear them pretty much daily and haven't washed them yet

gonna put them in the wash this weekend and was wondering the best method for washing/drying was to bring out the contrast/fades with the black denim...

Could you change the cuffs on jeans after a week of wear or will it mess the jeans up? Theyre kinda uneven (only 0,5 cm, you cant really see it).

you could probably try ironing them, but I've never done that. I just try make sure they're right the first time.

I've got a pair of black APC NS and had them for 8-9 months now.. wear them pretty much daily and haven't washed them yet

gonna put them in the wash this weekend and was wondering the best method for washing/drying was to bring out the contrast/fades with the black denim...

Unfortunately, most all black is sulfur dyes. If you wash them, the dye has a tendency to bleed into the core a tad making it difficult to bring out the natural abrasion. The only chemicals that reduce the sulfurs are oxidizers. As you know you cannot use bleach, potassium permanganate you cannot buy over the counter, so the easiest if you were to wash your blacks is peroxide, however you need to use an alkali detergent in hot water to activate the peroxide, the alkali pulls to much color and like I said contaminates the core of the yarn. My suggestion if you want to keep your jeans rigid is to take your time wearing them in and dry clean. Be patient!

i've got a pair of ALD frontiers (trying to sell them but no one is buying, so i might just keep em) and i'm wondering if there is any way to have the leg slimmed down, cause right now im basically drowning in them. anybody have any experience doing something like this? is it possible?

i got a random question i have been wondering about,

how come alot of these japanese clothing/denim shops dont make it easier to buy from overseas [example: ordering from the USA]?

wouldnt that increase profits for them? what is the reason they dont do it

Their main customer base is in Japan and some of them just don't care much about having to go through the trouble of dealing with international shipping and using a language they don't know when they already have enough people buying their product at home.

Some brands already have international resellers (Blue in Green and Selfedge among others) and are protecting them.

hey i just bought these levi 511s at UO and i am pretty sure they are raw - the tag even says "to keep it dark and clean wash as little as possible"

but i just want to know if i am suppose to soak them like 501s? i was thinking about showering in them and sitting in them while they dry. because that is what i did with my old 501s STFs.

DSC02214.jpg?t=1241390580[/img]

DSC02205.jpg?t=1241390537

hey i just bought these levi 511s at UO and i am pretty sure they are raw - the tag even says "to keep it dark and clean wash as little as possible"

but i just want to know if i am suppose to soak them like 501s? i was thinking about showering in them and sitting in them while they dry. because that is what i did with my old 501s STFs.

you can soak them if you like, but those are sanforized unless otherwise stated, and you won't see much or any shrinkage.

Does anyone know any brand of jean that is made in the USA and is made with Cone Mills Denim?

3Sixteen and Leftfield brand jeans have a few cuts like that.

you can soak them if you like, but those are sanforized unless otherwise stated, and you won't see much or any shrinkage.

hey thanks, if i end up soaking would that help with the fit overall? i know i am a noob at this lol, but would it be more beneficial to the fades if i soak? because i really want some cool combs

hey thanks, if i end up soaking would that help with the fit overall? i know i am a noob at this lol, but would it be more beneficial to the fades if i soak? because i really want some cool combs

i dont think its going to make much of a difference. If you wanna know what i'd do, this is it...

dont soak them.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic