SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

This isn't about denim but this is the only small question thread i've seen. my question is, if i wanted to shrin a 100% cotton shirt, i would wash it in warm water right? Will soaking it in warm water shrink it? Does putting it in a dry water have any effect on shrinking clothing?

This isn't about denim but this is the only small question thread i've seen. my question is, if i wanted to shrin a 100% cotton shirt, i would wash it in warm water right? Will soaking it in warm water shrink it? Does putting it in a dry water have any effect on shrinking clothing?

According to bespoke shirtmaker Alexander Kabbaz:

Wash it in hot water, freeze it, and dry it in a hot dryer to get maximum shrinkage.

today when i was driving my my right leg felt really numb

also my right asscheck started to hurt like a mother

so i went home and googled

can having a wallet in backpocket be bad for your health?

http://www.sportsgeezer.com/sportsgeezer/2006/01/the_walletinbac.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2664615.stm

yes, some people do believe that having a wallet in your back pocket can eventually lead to back problems... but i can't stand objects in my front pocket so i'll take the risk, just with a thinner wallet.

yes, some people do believe that having a wallet in your back pocket can eventually lead to back problems... but i can't stand objects in my front pocket so i'll take the risk, just with a thinner wallet.

have you ever had problems with your wallet in your backpocket??

cause my ass went so numb today.

i don't know why this all of a sudden happened...

no no no my friend. i want some "extra space'', if you must. for ma HUGE shangalong, what jeans is good?

errr try the levi's LVC 1989.. get them raw and dont wash. there will be plenty of space inside.

or try some thich cardboard raw denim so that your man-love will be packed nicely without moving an inch hehe

Gained about 30 pounds due to "immobility" after a major bike crash. On the way back down now, but this is going to take some time. Now I'm looking for some heavy and if possible slubby denim I can wear rather slim with a 36 waist which will look good later on at 33. Thought about buiying something that's notorious for serious shrinkage and just hot soak upon occasion, but i'm afraid knee fades/honeycombs will look off..

Any ideas?

Duckdiggers ??

They look nice when they fit really tight - and kind of old style when worn loose...

yep, get ones with a buckle so you can sinch it up for that old school look

My KMW Rockers bulge out to the sides a bit under the back pockets when I'm standing straight. Is this just part and parcel with the looser cut in the ass or am I sized a bit too big (I doubt it, I'm like 145 and 5'10 in a 29)?

EDIT: Now with a pic, bags are right by my hands

untitled-1.jpg

No way. Excellent fit. Don't worry about that

Honeycombs are the creases that appear behind your knees, on looser type fits they ressemble honeycomb made by bees, but in most cases it doesn't really look like that.

repeattofade.com for more info.

furthermore, am i the only one with leg having narrower combs behind one knee and wider ones behind the other, whats up with that, i'm not that asymmetrical

I'm going to soak a pair of raw jeans (sanforized denim); I want to get the length shrinkage out of teh way before i start wearing them - i plan on putting enough hot water in the bath for them to be covered, and maybe putting a few things on top to keep them under. Does the water need to stay hot, or is it ok if it becomes cold after a while ? Is 2 hours enough for the soak ?

I'm going to soak a pair of raw jeans (sanforized denim); I want to get the length shrinkage out of teh way before i start wearing them - i plan on putting enough hot water in the bath for them to be covered, and maybe putting a few things on top to keep them under. Does the water need to stay hot, or is it ok if it becomes cold after a while ? Is 2 hours enough for the soak ?

They're sanforized, so they probably won't shrink much anyway....either way, 2 hours is fine...I wouldn't bother changing the water.

im htinking about getting a cheap sewing machine, how difficult is it to tailor your own clothes? if i could just shorten a bunch of shirts to look good itd be worth it

not hard at all...I end up tailoring about 75% of all my shirts for want of a "perfect fit".

I realize the sda 103 and 003 have the same fit, however is the 003 denim known to stretch more?

I'm a 32 waist and bought a 32 in the 103 and loveeee the fit after these have stretched (owned them for a year), same deal with the 003 denim? or do i need to size down one because of more stretching then the 103.......

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic