SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Just a quick question,

I recently dug a pair of edwin nashvilles out from my wardrobe that i brought over two years ago. I never wore these because the legs were just abit to wide for me whereas the waist fitted my perfectly.

My question is, is there anyway i can shrink down the leg width and length without shrinking the waist???

These are unwashed, worn once and raw, Anyhelp is appreciated.

Cheers

wear them in a warm bath for an hour or so, take them off and hang dry for a while, while still damp, put them back on and wear until dry. then wear them for a couple of months before washing and don't wash them too hot.

or you can get one of those contraptions that stretches the waist while soaking.... someone might post a pic.

http://www.nextdream.jp/g_images/img_03_1.jpg

Love the jacket, the finish is exactly what I am after.

Is this washed once, worn, and worn and worn - washed, repeat?

I ask as many of the looks here are far less faded (and by the sound of things intentionally so) but I actually like the really washed out look.

Cheers

wear them in a warm bath for an hour or so, take them off and hang dry for a while, while still damp, put them back on and wear until dry. then wear them for a couple of months before washing and don't wash them too hot.

or you can get one of those contraptions that stretches the waist while soaking.... someone might post a pic.

Thanks for the reply, i think im going to do this now.

I will post pics to show the shrinkage...

One more thing... I really dont want to lose any indigo or for it too run, will this bath mathod do this?

Cheers again

hi ive been lurking around here for awhile and just created an account recently. i was wondering if i shoould order from cultizm.com but theyre prices are VERY cheap. if theyre authentic how do they sell it for so cheap while others are selling for almost twice as much?

hi ive been lurking around here for awhile and just created an account recently. i was wondering if i shoould order from cultizm.com but theyre prices are VERY cheap. if theyre authentic how do they sell it for so cheap while others are selling for almost twice as much?

The Nudies on that site are between 140 and 300 dollars. I wouldn't call that "very cheap." Nothing raises any eyebrows to me about that site.

Cultizm is legit; their prices are average. Try kitchener.ch as well.

what is powder wash?

I have tried various types of washing methods...the difference seems negligible.

I think powder wash means "powder detergent" instead of liquid detergent. You can read more about washing methods in the Denim Encyclopaedia stickied on the first page of the denim forum.

Is it possible to stretch your jeans in width (inseam I think you call it)? I bought some Edwins in W30/L32 and should most likely have gotten W31 or maybe W32. I dont like them to fit that tightly around my waist.

Just wearing jeans normally will stretch the waist...depends on the denim used, and if they're raw or washed, but most jeans will stretch an inch or so with normal wear. (BTW, inseam is the length of the leg measured from the crotch to the cuff)

Question:

I have a pari of jeans I've been wearing about a month. I love the fit and everything about them, except I have a problem where when I bend my knee up the folds of denim in the honeycombs kind of jab into my skin in a slightly painful way.

My worry is this might damage the denim in those areas. Would giving them a soak to loosen up the fabric help with this?

Question:

I have a pari of jeans I've been wearing about a month. I love the fit and everything about them, except I have a problem where when I bend my knee up the folds of denim in the honeycombs kind of jab into my skin in a slightly painful way.

My worry is this might damage the denim in those areas. Would giving them a soak to loosen up the fabric help with this?

um...I would be more worried about your legs than the jeans. either way, I'm sure the jeans are tough enough to withstand your back-of-knee damage :confused:

soaking them will soften up a bit

Can i tumbledry my brand new jeans after a warm soak???

I just soaked them but its freezing outside and they will take a day or two too dry1

do you not dry your jeans inside your house? you can tumble dry them, but it will make them shrink more than air-drying, if that's your concern.

out of curiosity, where are you in the world that its that cold right now? :confused:

um...I would be more worried about your legs than the jeans. either way, I'm sure the jeans are tough enough to withstand your back-of-knee damage :confused:

soaking them will soften up a bit

Well, like I said it is only when I bend my knees all the way up, a position I'm not normally in, so it doesn't bother me too much.

do you not dry your jeans inside your house? you can tumble dry them, but it will make them shrink more than air-drying, if that's your concern.

out of curiosity, where are you in the world that its that cold right now? :confused:

Lol im in the Uk, hasnt stoped raining all day..

To be honest i want them to shrink abit more, but if i tumble them will it damage the jeans as there unwashed raws and i really want to get a nice fade on them...

clench - Are they raw and unsoaked? this may explain your problems, if so I would say soak.

Gimmegimme - Here in the UK we have skipped summer and gone straight on to autumn.... it's pretty much been cold and raining for the past seventeen years.drying outside is a lottery.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic