SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I would play it safe and not throw them in the drier. I've had bad experiences with a tumble dry and I now prescribe to the "Samurai Method" of washing jeans. Look it up in the encyclopedia thread. Hard wear should come from natural movement, not a tumbling.

Warm to luke warm soak for a decent amount of shrinkage followed by a hang dry followed by a year of serious activity with washings dispersed throughout.

I'm looking to order a pair of Samurai's...but unsure what waist size to get. I'm usually a 30 (in levi's)...should I get 30 in pre-wash sizes or 32 to account for shrinkage? The stretching is the thing that confuses me....help!

i'm a 30 in levis and nudies and most everything else. Since you control the shrinking with samurai's i always size down to a 29 on samurais. they stretch pretty easily. so i'd suggest 30 for a regular fit, 29 for a slimmer fit

Guest jeffvyain

depends on your washer, but i would throw jeans in the wash with a couple towels on the bottom. my washer likes to corkscrew the legs when i throw pants in there by themselves for some reason. this didn't affect my samurais but it created abnormal wear marks on my APCs.

I've seen a lot of guys wearing Super Slim Kims on MyNudies.com, and I don't think that it looks weird at all. I myself prefer the Thin Finn, i like that fit better. But if you like the Slim Kim, buy it! Just don't get 'em too tight...( http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_pic&pic_id=1462 )

dior question:

why do people on here always go for made in japan instead of made in italy? i mean, is there really a BIG difference between the two, significant enough to warrant waiting so long and searching for MIJ?? seems like there's a lot of italy ones on eluxury. i'm just curious... thanks!

Its not just a "made in" thing. The denim is different.

This may have been discussed, but I'd really appreciate a description of the fits that A.P.C. offers. I'm looking for something pretty tight, maybe straight legged or tapered. Also, how does sizing work with this brand? I'm normally a 28 or 29.

You would want to get new cures then. They are the tightest jeans they make. New standards are more of a slim cut. I think both a tapered, but the cures to a greater degree.

As far as sizing goes, you should probably size down one size (I sized down one size on NS 34 -->33 and they fit perfect in the waist after some stretching)

You would want to get new cures then. They are the tightest jeans they make. New standards are more of a slim cut. I think both a tapered, but the cures to a greater degree.

As far as sizing goes, you should probably size down one size (I sized down one size on NS 34 -->33 and they fit perfect in the waist after some stretching)

I actually heard that apc jeans can eventually stretch out up to 3 inches and that you should atleast size down 2 sizes....

Samurai question......

So after reading all about samurai jeans and saoking them and such I still have not decided what is a good waste size to buy...Say I buy a size 33 one size down from what i am(34) and soak them down an inch to a 32 and the pair of jeans is known to stretch around 2 inches....will they stratch 2 inches to a 34 or stratch the inch back to a 33 and then the 2 inches to a 35? Also what should the temp of the water be if I do want just an inch of shrinking? Thanks in advance.

Yeah they do stretch a fair bit, but its probably proportionate to the actual jeans size, 33s will probably stretch more inches than say a pair of 27s or 28s, purely due to the amount of denim in the waist line.

ok gotcha yea the sizes people were talking about were a 31 stratching to a 33-34. So yea its all relative I guess.

Samurai question......

So after reading all about samurai jeans and saoking them and such I still have not decided what is a good waste size to buy...Say I buy a size 33 one size down from what i am(34) and soak them down an inch to a 32 and the pair of jeans is known to stretch around 2 inches....will they stratch 2 inches to a 34 or stratch the inch back to a 33 and then the 2 inches to a 35? Also what should the temp of the water be if I do want just an inch of shrinking? Thanks in advance.

Stretching would be from their post soak size. If you want to limit the amount of shrinking in the waist, you may want to wear them in the tub while they are shrinking. That said, its also a lot to stretch while wet.

Stretching would be from their post soak size. If you want to limit the amount of shrinking in the waist, you may want to wear them in the tub while they are shrinking. That said, its also a lot to stretch while wet.

okso basically its going to stretch the same it was before I soak and when you say its also a lot to stretch while wet do you mean they can stretch a lot when they are wet? And basically I'm getting the notion that i should size down 1 inch when buying a pair of samurai's if someone can clarify that for me?

I'm just saying if they shrunk too much (it'd be hard to limit to 1 inch of shrinking), its a lot easier to stretch them to your desired size if they are wet.

Don't own any Samurai though, so can't really help you. You could always just buy them from Blue in Green using their new one wash service. That way the maximum shrinking is done and you know how they are going to fit. That way you have few sizing issues to worry about.

I'm just saying if they shrunk too much (it'd be hard to limit to 1 inch of shrinking), its a lot easier to stretch them to your desired size if they are wet.

Don't own any Samurai though, so can't really help you. You could always just buy them from Blue in Green using their new one wash service. That way the maximum shrinking is done and you know how they are going to fit. That way you have few sizing issues to worry about.

Alright well i looked on the blue in green website and saw that the samurai jeans actual wasit is 1.5-2 sizes bigger than the stated size and I'd rather do the soaking and washing myself...so with that said If i bought a size 31 which says is an actual 33 and i soak it to shrink around 1-2 inches and then wear then and they stretch around 2 inches then that would put me back to around a 33-34. Is this correct or am i wrong in my whole procedure?? Also do they have a certain amount they shrink until nomore shrinking will happen like if I do a wash in the washing machinge after wearing the jeans for a while will each wash I do they shrink less and less because they were already shrunk??

Alright well i looked on the blue in green website and saw that the samurai jeans actual wasit is 1.5-2 sizes bigger than the stated size and I'd rather do the soaking and washing myself...so with that said If i bought a size 31 which says is an actual 33 and i soak it to shrink around 1-2 inches and then wear then and they stretch around 2 inches then that would put me back to around a 33-34. Is this correct or am i wrong in my whole procedure?? Also do they have a certain amount they shrink until nomore shrinking will happen like if I do a wash in the washing machinge after wearing the jeans for a while will each wash I do they shrink less and less because they were already shrunk??

The shrinking would be pretty much done for after the first wash, with minimal shrinking left. They do only shrink up to a certain amount, its not like they'd shrink an additional 2 inches every time you wore them, heh.

Anyway, assume they start at 33 then shrink to 31. They will stretch out over time as you wear them. It could take weeks or months for them to stretch a full 2 inches though. Buy them so they fit you well after the wash (none of that "I can't button them up" shit). Deal with the stretching you are going to get.

And you really should consider BiGs service. What do you really get doing it yourself, besides a potential screw up?

The shrinking would be pretty much done for after the first wash, with minimal shrinking left. They do only shrink up to a certain amount, its not like they'd shrink an additional 2 inches every time you wore them, heh.

Anyway, assume they start at 33 then shrink to 31. They will stretch out over time as you wear them. It could take weeks or months for them to stretch a full 2 inches though. Buy them so they fit you well after the wash (none of that "I can't button them up" shit). Deal with the stretching you are going to get.

And you really should consider BiGs service. What do you really get doing it yourself, besides a potential screw up?

yea very true, after looking over the website more and reading about the washing service they provide and how much the jeans will shrink I think I'm going to get a 32 or 33...thanks a lot for the help.

i have skinny jeans in other brands and i fit in them fine, just trying to consider my first raw denim purchase... i like how the thinn finns are but i think the yoke is too low for me

yes the thin finns have an extremely low yoke. thin finns are the skinniest jeans by nudie followed by slim kims.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic