SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Need some help on sizing samurai 710XX. Right now I'm wearing 32 Warehouse 660s (they're very loose in the waist, but the legs fit pretty well) and a 34 in Samurai Jins (a little loose in the waist). I probably should have sized down to 31s on the 660s (they're the new longer inseam version). What size should I get for the 710s--> 33? 34? Thanks!

I want to get a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile BAD but the only thing holding me back is the leather sole......I have never own a pair of shoes/boots with leather sole in my life, For some reason, the leather sole gives me a impression that they would wear out very quickly, so i just wondering how they hold up compare to the usual rubber sole in general? please school me, will rep.

About how much do 301's stretch in the thighs, maybe in comparison to APC ps.

Oblivious to the option of buying size 28's and soaking them, I bought 27's instead and thought I'd wait for them to stretch.

They fit the same as my APC's when I first got them. Can I expect them to stretch the same amount? Will the heavy denim prevent it from stretching very much?

I am getting annoyed by how some of my jeans are very constricting in the balls area.

its like when I sit down my boxers and everything will be going up against my package and it's very uncomfortable.

I am thinking of picking up new jeans, but what factors should i consider if i want to get this resolved?

the front or back rise? size larger?

I am getting annoyed by how some of my jeans are very constricting in the balls area.

its like when I sit down my boxers and everything will be going up against my package and it's very uncomfortable.

I am thinking of picking up new jeans, but what factors should i consider if i want to get this resolved?

I'd say look at the thighs and seat measurement. A 55 style cut is definitely better in this department. I am wearing my LVC 55 today, as opposed to my SDA 103 which have been my recent mainstay, and the feeling of testicular freedom is most welcome.

I want to get a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile BAD but the only thing holding me back is the leather sole......I have never own a pair of shoes/boots with leather sole in my life, For some reason, the leather sole gives me a impression that they would wear out very quickly, so i just wondering how they hold up compare to the usual rubber sole in general? please school me, will rep.

Leather soles will generally wear out more quickly than rubber, especially if you get them wet and do a lot of walking on concrete, like the average city sidewalk. Rubber soles are usually lighter, more flexible, more comfortable, provide better traction and last longer. Leather soles generally provide a more elegant, dressy appearance and on a good pair of shoes or boots, like the 1000 Miles, can be replaced when they wear out. One way to get the benefits of both is to go to a decent shoe repair place and have them apply a rubber half sole (generally called a "sole saver" or "topy"). It's basically just a thin rubber layer that gets attached to the bottom of the sole and provides traction and durability without changing the appearance. Usually costs about 20 bucks and very worth it.

The denim on the butt area is becoming very soft because of the biking I'm doing to class. It would be a good idea to give my jeans frequent washes to strengthen the denim right?

Also, where can I purchase Thunder Soap?

Technically, I don't think washing "strengthens" the denim, per se. More like it gets rid of the dust, dirt, sweat and other detritus that collects in the fibers and grinds them apart at an almost microscopic level. But to answer your basic question, yeah, washing regularly should prolong the life of your jeans, at the expense of super contrasty fades.

I think Blue In Green has some Thunder soap; I know Alex3000 just bought some; you could pm him to check, or you could email Gordon at BiG.

I'm with Paul T on this one- seems like thigh measurements matter more than rise. If anything, it seems like a longer front rise just means more fabric bunched up around my junk when I'm sitting.

if i only cuff my jeans some of the time, will it produce ugly fades?

The point of creasing for your cuff will wear alot more quickly, and you will get a straight line fade across the leg.

There's an old WWII veteran down the street from me who had an estate sale today, tons of memorabilia and vintage gold. Like a few pairs of postwar era Levi's with the leather patches and all, 34x36 though so I couldn't buy them.

Among all that I found this Big Mac herringbone mechanic's overall getup in a close enough size so I got it.

Anyway I realize I'll never have a chance to wear it so I'm thinking of selling. How much could this be worth? Bought for $60.

Haven't replaced my old camera yet so these blurry pics are all I can do for now.

On the tag it says it's made in the USA. Cut: 3294 and Lot: 6120

Not sure how to interpret though so I'm hoping superdenim can help me out.

RbgwG.jpg

9qlB6.jpg

sExNi.jpg

9QhZC.jpg

27dkd.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic