SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

how many hot soaks should I try on my Samurai S0120XJs before I give up? bought raw 33s hoping to shrink to raw 31 size, but they are more like 32s

first hot soak was 4 hours in hot water then a wash...

can I get another size down out of them?

posted em in supermarket, i have little hope :o

Damn, since Samurai left hand twill shrinks to tagged size, I'm surprised you got them down to a 32. Should've bought true to size.

31s fit perfect at the store so they told me to get 33s

you'd think they would know what they are talking about at samurai's HQ store

Three more weeks before I come home from Tokyo, and I've got the suitcase space and cash for one pair of jeans. I want something as slubby, thick, and stiff as possible, but a pretty slim cut. I'm 5'4", and anything approaching repro makes me look way too stocky/dwarfish. I already own Skulls and PBJ-005's, and was wondering if I could find something in a similarly slim cut with the texture and stiffness of, say, Samurai's. Is this an impossible quest? I tried some Samurais and they were deliciously crunchy, but even the slimmest cut was way big in the legs.

Three more weeks before I come home from Tokyo, and I've got the suitcase space and cash for one pair of jeans. I want something as slubby, thick, and stiff as possible, but a pretty slim cut. I'm 5'4", and anything approaching repro makes me look way too stocky/dwarfish. I already own Skulls and PBJ-005's, and was wondering if I could find something in a similarly slim cut with the texture and stiffness of, say, Samurai's. Is this an impossible quest? I tried some Samurais and they were deliciously crunchy, but even the slimmest cut was way big in the legs.

you are looking for S0120XJs (the best fit in the legs)

or 512XXBCs, a pretty nice fit as well

My gf and i are both into denim, she recently went back to japan for vacation and copped some jawns whilst at the denim store she was dicussing washing methods. it seems that most of the japanese denim freaks washes quite frequently like every 3-4 weeks (some even less) with salt water. Apparently, if u dont wash enough, the denim fabric weakens due to microbial grow (which commonly results in crotch blowouts).

My gf and i are both into denim, she recently went back to japan for vacation and copped some jawns whilst at the denim store she was dicussing washing methods. it seems that most of the japanese denim freaks washes quite frequently like every 3-4 weeks (some even less) with salt water. Apparently, if u dont wash enough, the denim fabric weakens due to microbial grow (which commonly results in crotch blowouts).

The fabric will be weakened by sweat and dirt, yes. The more time there is between the washes, the faster they will fall apart.

Freeze or use an ice cube.

More suggestions :

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11119&page=2

ya, unfortunately i dont have any of those resources where i'm at right now. yesterday i desperately used cold water and a plastic comb from my hotel room to scrap that shit off. there was still some stuck in between the warps, so i just used soap and a tooth brush to get it off. it caused some spot fading but oh well

a lot of japanese denimheads wear/wash a lot differently than the avg. sufu cat would. some of them never wash, and some wash with a frequency that most people here would say messes up your jeans/fading. a lot of them don't wear their jawns as slim as we do in the US/Europe. if you wear the same jeans for months/years sooner or later they will need to be reinforced/repaired in the crotch area. its inevitable, but regular washing(a relative term at best) will keep the fabric as healthy as possible as long as possible.

i met a japanese kid from tokyo with a pair of the sam512 bootcut jawns on, and they were nice. they were slim in the thighs, and the bootcut didn't look bad at all. i would recommend them.

So when it comes to hemming pants with pre-torn/partly shredded bottoms is there anyway to maintain that?. Have some slight shreds on some PRPS and I actually like them and would prefer to keep it that way.

thanks

Just hem them man. They'll tear back up, don't worry.

Many places will do an 'original hem'. From what I've read here the consensus is that it mostly winds up being shit.

They cut off the hem. Shorten the jeans, then sew it back on the bottom. So you ahve more bulk, seams, etc... and the hem no longer lays right on your shoes.

whats the usual denim weight on regular levis, im talkin about non lvc, stuff u buy at department stores?

that depends on what model you're talking about.

I would say the 501 stf are 14.25 oz but the other jeans I've felt ( 514's and the newer 501s owned by friends and such) are very light weight. I'd say 9-10 oz.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic