SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

BTW - gimme - I am surprised - I don't really have time for my PBJ's - but they developed bad ass honeycombs and nice creases( think I posted a couple pics in the evo thread wayyyyy back, maybe you'll find it..) Surprised your's are different ?/

Mine are 006's...they're super soft. BiG says they'll develop a "vintage fade". They're great for summer...but they're too light, soft, and loose to develop any interesting contrast.

OOOpppppSSS I just realized there my Oni's not my 005's. I was completly mistaken. sorry.:o They really get no love anymore.

I'm actually gonna run outside and take some pics of them and put um' up in the evo thread.

can anyone tell me the weight of these? i bought them at the edwin store in japan but i cant find any info about them searching the forum threads. they feel light yet are able to keep creased.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-edwin.jp%2Fshopdetail%2F004001000034%2Forder%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Hey guys I just bought my first raw jeans (the raw GAP morrisons).

Just had a few questions...

1. Approximately how long should I soak them?

2. Do I use hot water? If so around what temperature?

3. Do I juse plain water or do I add detergent or something?

4. And what are various ways to dry them? (ex. I heard some people hang them outside)

thanks guys

throw them in the bathtup fill it with really hot water. Turn them inside out and place them in the water use weights or rocks or something to hold them in place. Then walk away for an hour or two, come back and there will be a gross color to the water all yellowish from the starch, drain the tub and rinse them off, unless you want to repeat steps one again. which may get rid of even more starch. take them out and hang dry or you can throw them in the dryer, that choice is up to you neither will hurt the denim. wear them a lil damp to stretch out the waist and you're all set.

Hey guys

I was gonna get a pair of the new shiny grey thin flins. Has any one worn a washed out pair of nudies as i have a pair of slim jims raw in 32/32 that fit nicely. But the thin flins seem a little loose in the same size and was seeing if they will stretch more later, or do they stay their size since they are prewashed? (hence if i should get a 31

Hey guys

I was gonna get a pair of the new shiny grey thin flins. Has any one worn a washed out pair of nudies as i have a pair of slim jims raw in 32/32 that fit nicely. But the thin flins seem a little loose in the same size and was seeing if they will stretch more later, or do they stay their size since they are prewashed? (hence if i should get a 31

they will stretch as much as a raw pair, as both types are sanforized, the only difference is that you will wash them every couple weeks (and with every wash they shrink back to the size they were when they were new). i say buy a 31 even if you are going with the prewash.

Pre-soak, they're around 38, post soak, usually between 34-36, depending on if you soak or hot wash, and if you use the dryer.

Thank you sir. And as a follow up question, When I put these in the dryer, it's best to put them inside out, correct?

Thank you sir. And as a follow up question, When I put these in the dryer, it's best to put them inside out, correct?

Good question...logically I think that it would be best for your dryer and the mess they can make on it...but I've never actually done it (I have a long inseam). I wouldn't think that it would hurt at all though.

Have you read through the Samurai thread? I know...there are a million pages, but if stick with the last 1/4 or so there's some good info on washing/drying.

Hi all, my favorite 501s measure 35. ive bought a bunch of denim this summer and its all been either too large in the waist at 36, or 38 STF or a bit tight at 34." Had to take a hit on a lot of them. So can anyone off the top of thier head reccomend a brand with a 35" waist.

By way of reference, i kinda like the eternal 811s or the PBS 05s.But frankly im afraid to buy anymore denim.

Thanks all

Hey guys im in search of them jeans

Evisu Japan Slim-Gulls No2 LOT 2000

and

Evisu Japan Slim-Gulls No2 LOT 2005

First Is normally not so hard to get but I cant find it on any shops on rakuten even earthmarket only have the big gull version

And the Second one im in search of, the lot2005, is nearly impossible to get but i thought some of you guys know where i can get them....

Hey guys im in search of them jeans

Evisu Japan Slim-Gulls No2 LOT 2000

and

Evisu Japan Slim-Gulls No2 LOT 2005

First Is normally not so hard to get but I cant find it on any shops on rakuten even earthmarket only have the big gull version

And the Second one im in search of, the lot2005, is nearly impossible to get but i thought some of you guys know where i can get them....

rakuten kobori seems to have a pretty large selection...they have slim gull 2000's...but they're no.1 (but that's better!). i got tired of looking after I saw those....they're really nice. ;)

rakuten kobori seems to have a pretty large selection...they have slim gull 2000's...but they're no.1 (but that's better!). i got tired of looking after I saw those....they're really nice. ;)

Hey thanks again for helping me out

I was exactly searching on kobori and found that no2 2000 and no1 but they have some hand painted gulls wich I dont like at all cause there not my cup of tea..

Mhh read that no1 is not sanforized and the differents between no1 and no2 only small

so i will get me a no 2 ;)

You have no idea where to get a #2005 do you?

I saw some on dowluck evisu.jp

but thats quite time ago...

You don't like the handpainted gulls? :confused:

btw - I don't think any of those are handpainted...some are meant to "look" handpainted.

I agree that the slim gulls are nicer...so definitely look for those, but I think maybe the 2005 cut isn't for you...its very slim.

edit - these are dope btw http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/10000631/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Devisu%2Brakuten%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26sa%3DN

You don't like the handpainted gulls? :confused:

btw - I don't think any of those are handpainted...some are meant to "look" handpainted.

I agree that the slim gulls are nicer...so definitely look for those, but I think maybe the 2005 cut isn't for you...its very slim.

edit - these are dope btw http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/10000631/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Devisu%2Brakuten%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26sa%3DN

Jeah I think youre right..

I like the Gull like on my Avatar or on evisu.jp most!

But when I see some like that, with the fact that some evisus are handpainted, I think that the guy doesnt had a cool hand while painting it http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/10000489/

Well I like that the 2005 is tappered but I hate zip-flys cause im in search like an 19 cm leg opening..

How much slimmer would it be? Cause I think the lot 2000 is a lil antifit..

Wow the jeans you showed me isnt really something for me

I dont like the backpocket cut and the design, I just fell in love with the evisu gulls :D

Do you have expiriences with evisu and maybe have some?

Anyway thanks so on for searching!

Jeah I think youre right..

I like the Gull like on my Avatar or on evisu.jp

But when I see some like that, with the fact that some evisus are handpainted, I think that the guy doesnt had a cool hand while painting it http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/10000489/

Well I like that the 2005 is tappered but I hate zip-flys cause im in search like an 19 cm leg opening..

How much slimmer would it be? Cause I think the lot 2000 is a lil antifit..

Wow the jeans you showed me isnt really something for me

I dont like the backpocket cut and the design, I just fell in love with the evisu gulls :D

Do you have expiriences with evisu and maybe have some?

Anyway thanks so on for searching!

I guess the charm of handpainted gulls are their imperfections...they all wear off with time anyway, so don't get too stressed over it.

All I know is that the 2005 is slimmer than the 2000...I don't have any evisu jeans personally, I'm just reiterating information online and making "suggestions"...you probalby know better than I. I just think that the really tapered legs on your other evisus weren't very flattering for your bodytype.

I guess the charm of handpainted gulls are their imperfections...they all wear off with time anyway, so don't get too stressed over it.

All I know is that the 2005 is slimmer than the 2000...I don't have any evisu jeans personally, I'm just reiterating information online and making "suggestions"...you probalby know better than I. I just think that the really tapered legs on your other evisus weren't very flattering for your bodytype.

Jeah youre right it makes your jeans look personal but Im more into that perfect gulls like I said :)

Well the Evisu Puma I showed here were like 2 sizes to small I am already selling it on the Bay and was thinking about getting the same just in w34 (runs smaller)

But then I thought why getting this evisu puma whereas I can get a real jappanese with better denim.. But I was more into that tappered cut thats why Im lil undecided..

Im thinking of buying me just a No2 LOT2000 on evisu.jp

(By the way it isnt the official evisu site huh? like evisu.com but evisu.com only have shit)

Is here a real trusted proxy on the site?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic