Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Whoa, those new tees are perfect... Do I need more than 6 white Stevenson tees? I guess we'll see after my next paycheck...

To all SE employees, I'm curious: What sort of stuff do you all pick out from your recent shipments? Any particular garments you each are psyched on?

Pretty sure every employee gets excited on different things and really I think it all depends on what we already have...most of us have been at SE long enough where most of our wardrobe is from SE so at least for me, i'm trying to be pickier about what i pick up so that I don't have too many repeats but in the end, it's hard because it's all really good. This time around, I picked up the stevenson thermal henley and the gray and black flannel from iron heart. Depending on the fit, I'll probably pick up a couple flat head flannels when they arrive too. 

when is the TFH/RJB varsity jacket arriving this year?

We did not order this year's version, we felt it wasn't up to snuff compared to past releases.

Whoa, those new tees are perfect... Do I need more than 6 white Stevenson tees? I guess we'll see after my next paycheck...

To all SE employees, I'm curious: What sort of stuff do you all pick out from your recent shipments? Any particular garments you each are psyched on?

Pretty sure every employee gets excited on different things and really I think it all depends on what we already have...most of us have been at SE long enough where most of our wardrobe is from SE so at least for me, i'm trying to be pickier about what i pick up so that I don't have too many repeats but in the end, it's hard because it's all really good. This time around, I picked up the stevenson thermal henley and the gray and black flannel from iron heart. Depending on the fit, I'll probably pick up a couple flat head flannels when they arrive too.

I have way too many clothes, but I can't seem to stop, haha. I tend to get hyped about the simple pieces. After a while at SE, it's easy to rack up quite a wardrobe of standout pieces, and it's easy to lose sight of basics. So this season, I'm loving the loop wheeled stuff from Stevenson, the IH grey block check flannel, and the Sugar Cane Type II jacket. Also, Lady White tees always and forever. The indigo Heartland jacket from Stevenson is spectacular as well, but we didn't get that. Edited by BAerts

That Henley is looks great!

Any chance of a restock on the XL?

Yup, check the online store now.

I have way too many clothes, but I can't seem to stop, haha. I tend to get hyped about the simple pieces. After a while at SE, it's easy to rack up quite a wardrobe of standout pieces, and it's easy to lose sight of basics. So this season, I'm loving the loop wheeled stuff from Stevenson, the IH grey block check flannel, and the Sugar Cane Type II jacket. Also, Lady White tees always and forever. The indigo Heartland jacket from Stevenson is spectacular as well, but we didn't get that.

Saw the Heartland jacket in duck and it is indeed very nice. I'm surprised that chore jacket/coats are not more popular

Iron Heart Selvedge Chinos, Deck Coat, & Organic Cotton Herringbone Shirt

A large shipment of new items and restocks have just arrived from Iron Heart.  We now have their selvedge cotton chinos available in two colors.  These have a great fit which is comfortable and versatile in look, available now in navy and khaki.

For those living in cold climates or looking to dress up like you live in a cold climate, we have the new alpaca lined deck coat.  The A shape on this coat is perfect and the details and fabrics used really make this a perfect winter coat.  Lots of pockets, drawstrings, and over-spec'd buttons, we expect nothing less from Iron Heart.

Lastly we have the new 9oz organic cotton herringbone snap shirt.  When we saw this fabric in Japan last year it really impressed us, it's a newly developed herringbone from Iron Heart and think they did a really good job of it.  

Along with these new items we've received full restocks of nearly every jean model we carry from them.  Available now at all stores.

IH_CHINO_NAVY_01-682x1025.jpg
IH_CHINO_NAVY_05-1025x682.jpg

IH_CHINO_TAN_01-682x1025.jpg
IH_CHINO_TAN_06-1025x682.jpg

IHM-FIRST%20IMAGE-1627x1800.jpg
IHM-11-RAT-9509-1800x1627.jpg
IHM-11-RAT-9494-1800x1627.jpg
IHM-11-RAT-9496-1627x1800.jpg

IH_OLIVE_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_OLIVE_07-1022x682.jpg

that jacket is pretty dope.  do they plan on a different color though?  Like black or navy?

Nope, only that single color.

We're getting a new jean model from Stevenson and their loopwheeled sweater (which you will love) at all stores by Monday or so, and should be online later that week.

Saw the Heartland jacket in duck and it is indeed very nice. I'm surprised that chore jacket/coats are not more popular

We're getting a pretty cool new lightweight coat next month actually, will post photos of it in a couple of weeks when they arrive.

Flat Head Winter Collection of Flannels, Zip Sweaters, & More

Flat Head just hit us with a few new releases from their winter collection including a winter flannel, a crazy nice native check woven shirt, a zip sweater, and a limited wild ass dear skin jacket with a leopard print lining.

Along with these we've received restocks of all Flat Head jean models, turquoise and silver bracelets and necklaces, leather belts, and more.  Stop into one of our shops to check it all out.

Shop Flat Head Online 

FH_SKY_01-682x1022.jpg

FH_SKY_05-1022x682.jpg

FH_FLANNEL_01-682x1022.jpg

FH_FLANNEL_07-1022x682.jpg

FH_HOODIE_01-682x1022.jpg

FH_HOODIE_07-1022x682.jpg

FH_DEER_01-682x1022.jpg

FH_DEER_05-1025x682.jpg

FH_DEER_08-1025x682.jpg

FH_DEER_09-1025x682.jpg

Edited by kiya

holyfuckingshit that jacket, please tell me there's a 38 or 40 at SELA

uggh why do I have to be moving right now...

Nope, sold out in 38.  Only 40 left and that's at SESF.  That thing sold extremely fast.

Do those Native Check workshirts run small? I notice that the tagged shirt in the product photos is a 42 and it should correspond with the size Josh is wearing in the posed shots. He normally wears a TFH 40 I believe...

yeah they are running a little small. Not quite as small as the past glory park shirts but definitely smaller.  

I just bought the new TFH Native Check. The fabric is NUTS, but as these pictures show  I have a rather noticeable rogue strand of fabric that's disconnected from the weave (pardon my terminology). I seen no signs of any tears or anything so I'm unsure how it got there. Kiya any thoughts or advice? I feel like it couldn't have been there when I got it (a testament to your guys' quality control) and today was my first time wearing it, so I'm unsure what should be done with it moving forward.

The second photo does a better job showing what's happened. No tears that I can see anywhere.

EDIT: Should've noted picked up from SESF

VOBoZvV.jpg

XNgI5Zj.jpg

Edited by Articulate

That strand looks like it's from a shuttle reset, i would just clip it as close to the fabric as possible.  

It's not the type of strand from the looks of it that will unravel over time.