Denime

I was honestly more surprised about the waist and inseam to shrink that much in a first, delicate wash 😅

Anyway, here are the fit pics. Still on the fence if I should use these for the IIY4. They seem to fade quick as well, based on the indigo hues (fades) I got after the initial wash.

20240110_073814.thumb.jpg.3a633fdea8d0242b87e2ff1df6c517a6.jpg

20240110_073839.thumb.jpg.d7b5c5e9c21b5e0eaf8be3c161c2807d.jpg

20240110_073903.thumb.jpg.3042fc053b70d662566634cfcf8f8cce.jpg

That's a nice fit BF. On the fence about making 224 my first denime and looking at the shrinkage they may work for me.

You seem to have got more shrinkage than Blooming and other posters.  

Perhaps they should expect further shrinkage down the line. 

@beautiful_FrEaK Would love to know what the waist will stretch out to after some wear, I’m looking at picking up the same pair in a 34 W. Wondering if I’ll be facing the same issue that I tend to have with my Resolute 710s - 34 W can be a bit tight, whereas a 36 W is too loose. I guess 35 inch waists don’t exist in Japan!

PS - great fit! That would be my exact size, a 34 30

Edited by thisyearsmodel
Added comment

15 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Yeah I would expect mine to not shrink much more. They are quite tight in the crotch area which is not reflected in the measurements (and what I didn't expect as well).

Yeah, I found this too wearing them after the first wash, but once they stretched a softened up a bit after maybe a week of wear, that went away.

For those interested:

Lot 221 34x32 

Pre soak: W: 18.25”, FR: 12.5”, BR: 16”, Thigh: 13.25”, Hem: 8.75”, L 35”

Post soak, hung dry: W: 17.5”, FR: 12”, BR: 15.75”, Thigh: 12.75”, Hem: 8.5”, L 33”

Soaked in very hot water for 45 minutes and hung dry. I really like the cut! Originally wanted a pair of 220 but they were out of stock everywhere. Definitely happy with these though!

36 minutes ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Did you agitate them @DC2020 at all? I think, if you need, you could get a little more shrinkage. I would expect another 1" or so in the inseam and waist. How's that patch looking?

I stirred them around a couple of times but didn’t go crazy. They fit well as is.. but a little more shrinkage over time wouldn’t hurt. 

On 1/15/2024 at 8:15 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Back to raw measurements

Do the 220a shrink as much as some retailers say?  I'm seeing one retailer say they can shrink up to 2.5" in the waist. I'm thinking sizing down to a 30 might not be a bad idea.

My size 34 shrank from 35" to 33" after two washes (and stretched back). 2.5" is probably possible if you wash hotter and/or use a dryer.
Also shrinkage is a percentual thing. A 40" waist is more likely to shrink 2.5" than a 28" waist.

• 2 weeks later...

perfect fit @DC2020 and nice boots. Wesco, or White's ?  I have 221 too, on pile of waiting, never worn pairs for to flash them in the future. now I am in 220A as indigoinvitational pair for 2024.... I have to say, 220A with high rise is my favourite cut (like all high rise cut jeans). tomorrow I will do some pictures after 30days in...

Edited by vIGGiou riou

2 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

perfect fit @DC2020 and nice boots. Wesco, or White's ?  I have 221 too, on pile of waiting, never worn pairs for to flash them in the future. now I am in 220A as indigoinvitational pair for 2024.... I have to say, 220A with high rise is my favourite cut (like all high rise cut jeans). tomorrow I will do some pictures after 30days in...

Nice! I’ll keep an eye out for your posts. The 220A is a cut you can wear every day easily! The boots are wesco mister Lou’s.. purchased back in the good old days when they used to be in stock ha