16 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

You guys have some choice watches. Here’s my 1983 Rolex datejust. My dad got it as a wedding gift when he got married and then passed it on to me when i got married. 

Nice. Dunno what it is about a simple nato strap on a Rolex but... yeah. Want.

50 minutes ago, TheIntelligentHoodwinker said:

Nice. Dunno what it is about a simple nato strap on a Rolex but... yeah. Want.

Yeah I’ve got a lot of different straps including the original jubilee, Hermès tie strap and other more colorful nato but i wear the plain single color ones most of the time. 

2 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Yeah I’ve got a lot of different straps including the original jubilee, Hermès tie strap and other more colorful nato but i wear the plain single color ones most of the time. 

It's cool when you can switch the straps and it feels like a different watch.

hahaha @aho i don't have much to show except.... maybe this..

26782b79-b80e-4f3c-8aed-f3c681f1ec02.JPG

YEAH. KEEP ON DREAMING LOUIS. This is more likely, my other occasionally worn counterpart. that patek was beautiful though. had the luxury of being shown around the PP showroom in london, 1 of 3 in the world with a workshop in the basement as well..

979c5fbe-a586-4fec-8951-536ab1f10915.JPG

Strong showing everyone...Curious if anyone is also on watchuseek?

Additionally, any 2018 purchases in mind? More Seiko for me, but I want an MM300 (ref. SBDX017) as they'll be removing the "MARINE MASTER" text moving forward if the 2018 leaks are anything to go by. Also considering a 9F quartz GMT from Grand Seiko, reference B8T007. I'm still embarassed by the faux Rolex design on the top two, but very cool to finally have a 9F GMT:

Would've wanted the 6159 historical reissue as it's my favorite watch of all time, but too rich for my wallet:

Waiting for a Nomos club with display back to be delivered - quite looking forward to that.

Other than that, something I’d like to get a nice panda dial chrono - maybe a top time.

Edited by Nei.Nor

6 hours ago, rbbtncd said:

Casio dw5600

IMG_2329.PNG

It's hard to believe how Casio used to be a joke watch you got at Woolworth's, then was all the rage with G-Shock (had one in high school) and now they have trendy G-Shock stores in swanky shopping districts.

ptacasio.gif

:P

14 hours ago, aho said:

I wouldn't dare touch a Patek, or an FP for that matter (my personal holiest of holies) for fear of illusions of grandeur...Very cool experience though I'm sure!

oh how i wish there wasn't a waiting list for the nautilus/ aquanaut because that's the one i've been lusting after. although i did get a "wink wink" on that list if i ever one day decide to put a solid down for that one day. funny, just the other day, i was thinking about x+1 and how there couldn't be any grails as there's always room for 1 more. and now you've reminded me of FP Journe. Those watches are beautiful. sadly i haven't come across one in person yet :(

for 2018, hopefully a 6694 rolex ideally or the apple watch (don't laugh!) celluar has been on my mind of late..

^ Nomos is great, not only with their unique designs, but since they make their own movements and offer a level of fit & finish that rivals watches two or three times the price.  The Orion 38 Datum is another beauty:

LpnfQDE.jpg