supertalk6
danii

116740 APPROVED SHOES

11 minutes ago, misanthropod said:

The Campsuds treatment seems to have killed the pong in my Acruxes.  Not what I'd use on a Gore-Tex shell, but these shoes are mostly solid plastic where it matters.  They took about 36 hours to dry, indoors over a baseboard heater.

Great! Now tell us you're going to get a second pair to alternate daily, or at least stick some cedar shoe trees in your pair, right? ;)

1 hour ago, misanthropod said:

36 hours to dry

Geez, that long? I was considering a pair of these for a onebag trip but that's way too long to dry out for those purposes.

Thanks for the info!

On 2017-02-28 at 5:09 AM, SuE said:

Great! Now tell us you're going to get a second pair to alternate daily, or at least stick some cedar shoe trees in your pair, right? ;)

Actually planning to get the non Gore-Tex version for summer's dry days, so, kinda/sorta.

And thank you for reminding me that I need to buy shoe trees.

On 08/01/2017 at 2:24 AM, misanthropod said:

I've been living in these since the snow started flying. Arcteryx Acrux SL GORE-Tex. Very good adhesion on everything but wet polished marble.

How did you size these? 'true' to your Nike size? (which for me is usually +0.5 my 'true' 'true' size) or the foot length scale on the Arc website? or...? I'm nowhere near a stockist.  Cheers.

Edited by deadbilly

Another amazing sock dart mod,  this time with HK snap hooks  (courtesy of Eske Schiralli, @es._.ke) 

Screenshot_20170307-152732.png

On 3/7/2017 at 9:37 AM, Majotaur said:

Another amazing sock dart mod,  this time with HK snap hooks  (courtesy of Eske Schiralli, @es._.ke) 

Screenshot_20170307-152732.png

I'm sure going to be in the minority here, and this is no slight on eske, but the sling hook clips feel really contrived on footwear. Much respect either way for the innovative and different approach.

On 08/03/2017 at 1:37 AM, Majotaur said:

These are legit fire

joining your minority. I feel certain pain looking at how crooked they are. and also metal hw on lightweight shoe. [other than that nothing but respect for eske]

These are some of my favorite shoes. Works very well with the tech aesthetic
p1160486.jpg

I understand the upper but that sole takes me back some 20 years and seeing the airbag reminds me of stripper shoes !! ((so I'm told)) 

I can certainly understand why so many like the air max, I've never been fond however.

But it's all down to personal taste and there is no right or wrong.

Thats actually pretty interesting/funny.
Stripper shoes, as in something like these?
Clear-Stripper-Heels.jpg

I can see the resemblance :D

I feel that the Air Max 97s are definetely the sleekest of the Air Max's out there. The minimzed swoosh, along with the sleek design and aero(aqua)dynamic shape reminds me of some sort of predator. Actually the looks reminds me of some type of shark.
Besides the previously posted CVS-model, my favorites are of the VT-model, which is thermo-molded and therefore seamless:
d0e31e1683af2d08517ae12567c5f383.jpg

745305.jpg

I wear those top shoes at the weekends, I think that is my leg in fact ! - who's been peeping through my curtains ? ? 

I like the uppers, it's just the sole, but again, that just my taste (or lack of) !!

Vans x Schoeller

58d2c0f767ffc_VaultbyVansxSchoellerFootwearCapsule.thumb.jpeg.4c83a21cec1fe723efde73dc9783f98e.jpeg

The Vans outsole is notoriously slippery though, dunno why they chose to do it on an Authentic pair. Just seems a bit impractical.

Edited by rnstyip

An obvious post as the shoe has been advertised everywhere, but it really is nice in all black

nike-air-vapormax-triple-black-1.jpg?qua

9 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

3D printed UAs

Those could be ok, except that UA sponsors big game trophy hunters that shoot captive lions ... so you know, fuck them. 

2 hours ago, emenel said:

Those could be ok, except that UA sponsors big game trophy hunters that shoot captive lions ... so you know, fuck them. 

For real? Ugh...their shit fits so much better than Nike though. 

1 hour ago, shoreman said:

For real? Ugh...their shit fits so much better than Nike though. 

More importantly, most UA stuff is absolutely swagless. Like unseasoned chicken, mid 90s progressive rock, whose line is it anyway, etc.

11 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

More importantly, most UA stuff is absolutely swagless. Like unseasoned chicken, mid 90s progressive rock, whose line is it anyway, etc.

Ohhhh now, see, you've just gone and lost all credibility. 

Spectusshoeco? Saw these and thought they looked pretty cool, I wonder how comfortable they'd be for daily wear?

They look like a cousin of : The Y-3 Hayworth Mid (in killerwhale colourway) - love theses BTW so feel they belong here too

44982758vb_14_f.jpg