Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Hey Y'all.

I'm pretty sure I've been kicked out of the HWDC by now for lack of posts.

I've been away in Peru for 3 months and started a new company so I haven't had much time.

I have a couple of videos some of you might be interested in. The first is of my 6 day adventure in Cusco, exploring the Inca ruins.

I'll share the next video which is of the Amazon and Lima in about 1-2 weeks time when I get round to finishing it.

I have a few jobs apart from HOF.

I work with property, also have a superfoods import company and a superfoods retail company. Check out Superlife.co

Thanks for the kind words!

I assure you my Fullcounts are getting plenty of wear in after farming, skateboarding and motorcycling around Peru haha.

Constantin that's the epytome of a great faded pair of jeans to me, with a perfect balance between contrasty and washed out fades.

I'd be honestly pissed off if you don't win this contest. Especially if the winning jeans will be yet another non washed pair with ridicolously hyper contrasted fades!

Well done chap!

now with these kind words of yours I feel bad about complimenting myself.....

this denim(e) fades surprisingly fast and it pleases me beyond measure how well this pair reacted to the frequent washing regime!

thanks man!

Constantin that's the epytome of a great faded pair of jeans to me, with a perfect balance between contrasty and washed out fades.

I'd be honestly pissed off if you don't win this contest. Especially if the winning jeans will be yet another non washed pair with ridicolously hyper contrasted fades!

Well done chap!

We all like different things.

I prefered more defined creases and contrast. 

So it all depends. 

It all comes down to taste. And I guess in this case. What the judges thinks. 

Edited by nizzel55

We all like different things.

I prefered more defined creases and contrast. 

So it all depends. 

It all comes down to taste. And I guess in this case. What the judges thinks. 

yeah of course, yet almost all contests seem to to be won by virtually the same style of fades.

those Denimes have a compelling "technicolor" kind of quality to me, they have contrast, sharpness AND texture fades (eg marbling) . that's why I like them. None washed jeans are more showy but they generally display less variety.

Yet your valuable opinion leads me to think on one matter: generally contests tend to favour heavily faded and thrashed jeans - which is okay of course - but I appreciate way more the prettiness of the fades and the jean itself at the end of a contest.

A destroyed and dirty pair of jeans is not very pretty to look at, in my opinion.

Constantin's jeans are VERY pretty, and if he won't abuse them or wash them too much they'll be perfection by the end of this contest!

However, maybe my sentence "I'd be honestly pissed off if you don't win this contest. Especially if the winning jeans will be yet another non washed pair with ridicolously hyper contrasted fades!" was a bit too eccessive! I admit my guilt!

Well done chap!

Still got over a year to go.  There are some of us out there that plan on giving him a fight.  :D

Agreed though, I will be disappointed if at the end of this if the winning pair is the high contrast artificial look, or a pair worn to ruination.  I'm hoping the judges have moved past the infatuation with these two aesthetics and can appreciate more than stark white on an indigo back ground, or the "I live under a bridge and these are my only pair of pants" look.   

At least his pair is unique as the washing Routine & choice of brand is pretty unique...nothing against the heavyweight stuff, but we've seen two HDC already - it would be cool if this competition (that allows for such nice vintage fades on normal weight denim) would feature something that only this open (minded) contest can produce. 

For me, the ideal winning pair is:

- very well worn

- washed, as they're clothes

- has a unique appeal & character that sets them apart from others

- filled with cool Details (like the coinpocket roping)

- in good shape & cared for

Edited by Max Power

i like to wear my contest pair, again... i had a time where i couldn't stand it

i like to follow the few people that still actually contribute, like KrisB (whose jacket I love) & Nizzel (whose pair is great though not my cup), or pudas, or max of course....

but "winning" a contest i so rarely partake in... i don't know...

and just to get this straight, although i appreciate your comments, i don't seriously see me winning

I appreciate your understatement. you'd better:

1. wear those jeans loyally till the end of this contest

2. wash them enough but not too much

3. have good repairs done when and if needed

otherwise your solid fan base will be very disappointed!

I appreciate your understatement. you'd better:

1. wear those jeans loyally till the end of this contest

2. wash them enough but not too much

3. have good repairs done when and if needed

otherwise your solid fan base will be very disappointed!

as i am the one repairing these, the repairs are going to be as shitty & unsightful as you can imagine. can't help it, i already reached my limits haha

Edited by Blue Nemo

Blue nemos pair are great. I like that there are many different approaches and looks. This competition would be boring if everyone used the same pair and the same routine. It would probably be easier to judge. But picking a winner in a competition like this is impossible. Atleast for me. There are so many lovely pairs in this competition. All in their own way. I am looking forward seeing all submission at the end. I do wish that people was submitting updates more frequently. My colleague enells pair is awesome. But he rarely put up any pictures. It is a shame. I guess there are many more like him.

Fading a pair of jeans takes a long time. For me this competition is about sharing the progress and being able to follow the progress of other pairs without having to wear them myself. Winning is not important.