TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Great stuff volvo. I never did the kid on the back style, mine went on the front only in a Baby Bjorn, which they usually grow out of by 6 months. I think you get a bit longer when they're on the back plus I love the pink straps!

The kid in the back it's a bit frightening at the beginning because you can't see the baby but it's much less tiring for the back, that baby carrier should work fine for another year and a half I've been told (my daughter in 11months old). It was supposed to be red but it was worn hard by the previous owner so now it's pink-ish, can't complain since I bought it for cheap!

Great stuff volvo. I never did the kid on the back style, mine went on the front only in a Baby Bjorn, which they usually grow out of by 6 months. I think you get a bit longer when they're on the back plus I love the pink straps!

When my daughter was about 2-3 we went for a walk with her in the 'back sack'. Stopped in a little town to get some lunch and as I waited outside the bakery I wondered why she was getting so agitated. She was wriggling and kicking and laughing. I turned around to see 2 old guys encouraging her to jump about, saying, 'go on, kick him, pull his hair!' She thought it was hilarious. To be fair, it probably was.

537D2195-21C8-44EB-9EEE-7D5F2E4EE53F_zps

We got a similar carrying thingy that can be used in front or back. So far, my daughter hates both options most of the time :( She's too tall for in-front carrying by now anyways and we're hoping she'll warm up more to carrying in back with time since this is so much more practical than pushing a stroller everywhere :) Looking good, cool dad ;)

volvo, food, espresso and family looking great! Curious, not sure if you already mentioned but how many washes has that jacket seen? Looks amazing!

ciao Aho, the jacket has 13month of use and 1 soak plus 4 machine washes. I basically washed it everytime I felt there was need. Now it's about time for the 5 wash, the jacket is thirsty, as Ruedi would say!

here's a better pic of the current fading status

TCBJKT%20front_zpsuiareheh.jpg

the jacket itself needs a little bit of TLC too, the chainstitch at both wristbands is unravelling a bit, there's one point on which the waistband chainstich it's unravelling too, and one of the front pleats has broken during a bad attempt at the jacket flip trick à la Martin Sheen, as in here AHAHAH!!!

Edited by volvo240thebest

We got a similar carrying thingy that can be used in front or back. So far, my daughter hates both options most of the time :( She's too tall for in-front carrying by now anyways and we're hoping she'll warm up more to carrying in back with time since this is so much more practical than pushing a stroller everywhere :) Looking good, cool dad ;)

this one I've just bought can be used either front or back. at this stage (my daughter weights 12kilos, she's hefty and stout like her daddy!) I only consider using it on the back! until someone comes up with a selvedge and vegtan leather baby carrier this will be my weapon of choice :D :D :D

When my daughter was about 2-3 we went for a walk with her in the 'back sack'. Stopped in a little town to get some lunch and as I waited outside the bakery I wondered why she was getting so agitated. She was wriggling and kicking and laughing. I turned around to see 2 old guys encouraging her to jump about, saying, 'go on, kick him, pull his hair!' She thought it was hilarious. To be fair, it probably was.

ahah brilliant story. I kept watching my daughter for a while using the mirror camera of my phone til I ran out of battery!

As some of you might have seen on Instagram I spent my weekend in Stockholm with lots of great beer and coffee. Prepare for a massive photo dump:

On friday evening we pretty much went straight to Mikkeller Bar which was cramped with people enjoying their after work beers. After falling in love with Mikkellers Beer Geek Dessert a couple of months back I've always pounced at the opportunity to try out other beers from the Beer Geek-series which is a bit more experimental and also part of their origin as a brand. Beer Geek Breakfast was their very first beer which was named the best stout out there and I think still ranks as number 1 on Ratebeer. This weekend I found two more: Daydreamer and Vanilla Shake (Vanilla Shake was damn good). But first is a picture of The Day the Amager Rednecks Kicked Some Serious Mikkeller Frat Boy Ass - one of the best IPA's I've ever had.

16143972253_5cc6e3731e_c.jpg

16141605724_34f940ecc3_c.jpg

16763906855_96d904d1a6_c.jpg

16763906675_011bd8bcd4_c.jpg

16143971363_1fb4e3faae_c.jpg

Stopped for an espresso and semla. In Sweden we even have a day dedicated to the semla, as well as cinnamon buns.

16577767869_e8e9f31b41_c.jpg

Moving on, towards Johan & Nyström which roasts the coffee I usually buy back home. They have a place on Södermalm where you can drop by and grab a cup of coffee or buy freshly roasted beans. 

16738028536_712ba4ec5d_c.jpg

16556636407_377e816d7b_c.jpg

16576520730_9ca0cf1286_c.jpg

To be continued...

I went to the Mikkeller bar in San Francisco, great stuff!

In my travels I still haven't made it to Northern Europe, Stockholm is definitely on my list.

This is a proper competition thread, great work guys.  :)

Yeah Mikkeller have a couple of killer beers. Some is utter crap too though, haha. The bar in Stockholm was very small with a pretty small beer selection (I suppose they change it quite frequently), is it bigger in San Francisco?

You'll love Stockholm! 

Agreed, some are awful but some are also great!

I still stand by the I Hardcore You Mikkeller / Brewdog beer as one of my favorites of all time.

Based on your photos the one in SF is quite a bit bigger, we went on an off night so luckily it wasn't excessively crowded.

I've heard it can get to be too much on a Friday or Saturday.

Stockholm and Copenhagen sit atop my list for Europe currently!

No pun intended! it's all for fun! I shouldn't even be proud of the Italian espresso heritage as nowadays some of the very best espressos can be had outside of the country.

But let me be proud of our espresso heritage at least! after 20 yrs of Berlusconi-ism there's very little left for Italian pride!

No pun intended! it's all for fun! I shouldn't even be proud of the Italian espresso heritage as nowadays some of the very best espressos can be had outside of the country.

But let me be proud of our espresso heritage at least! after 20 yrs of Berlusconi-ism there's very little left for Italian pride!

All politicians are idiots. Which nation can boast a leader that they can be truly proud of? We have to wait for them to be dead first, before we can recognise their 'greatness'.

As an Italian you have much more than just espresso heritage to be proud of!

EDIT: Persol sunglasses. Best in the world!

Edited by holio cornolio