WAYWT destroyed my life (2014)

fokken

i do not understand the flannel tied around waist fad. shit just seems dumb to me.

it would make sense if he weren't wearing the jacket imo

like maybe he got hot and took the shirt off and tied it around his waist

but he's got a jacket on so it just seems contrived

how is this still an issue tho

it's just a fashion accessory.  Add something interesting to the bottom block, elongate the top silhouette, get some noise going in lower half to not make your outfit so boring

not liking the style is one thing, but how do u people not "get it"

i'll come out and say i kinda like the shirt around waist thing, but that its definitely an associative thing. as in it might work in an otherwise minimal fit with like a perfecto, dark jeans et al., or in one of those crazy tonal japanese ultra-layered fits, but it simply looks out of place in something like a workwear fit. maybe im just super picky/reading too far into it, but i definitely feel like there are some contexts where it works and some where it does not

it would make sense if he weren't wearing the jacket imo

like maybe he got hot and took the shirt off and tied it around his waist

but he's got a jacket on so it just seems contrived

yah but what if it was too warm for a jacket and a flannel but not warm enough for just the flannel? 

what if it was cold enuff outside to warrant layering of both?  i suppose it would make sense that he'd take off the flannel and tie it around waist, maybe cuz it's more flexible/tie-able than that jkt?  temp indoors vs. temp outdoors. plus he appears that he needed both hands to take the cel pic.

Edited by SSchadenfreude