What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Went to a local thrift/vintage store in Eugene called Eugene Jeans. I love that place, the guy's always got cool old stuff; woolrich, levi's, pendleton, a lot of old made in USA things. Plus he's very knowledgeable about dating vintage levi's and other things. Great dude to talk to.

Incredibly soft and well loved Wrangler Jacket i almost bought:

5453893111_27e98d12c0_z.jpg

made in USA

5454505076_f7b5613f01_z.jpg

Lee Stormrider's jacket that i did end up buying. Can anyone tell me about what year this was made? i forgot to ask the guy..

5453894421_ee11befc26_z.jpg

5454532936_b27e983d00_z.jpg

Made in USA as well. Lining is acrylic/polyester.

5454506178_ffc0b5cec9_z.jpg

Weird. I've had mine up for sale on supermarket for years now, and nobody's taken a look.

It's a really cool jacket. I'm surprised deadendpro found it too small. I found it too big. There are gussets on the back for real ease of movement, and there's pleating next to the plackets on either side so there's a lot of give. Check out my sig if you're interested. Pics are not accurate for color, it's closer to what dkatz has.

I'd never heard of a MJ X Wrangler collab, that jacket is slick. I pulled my Samurai Type-II to compare the measurments. The sleeves and torso width on your jacket look perfect for me, but it's about 4 inches too short. My Type-II is 22 inches long, and I've always wished it were a little longer. Damn shame, I really like that.

Gordon told me once that if Samurai has the pattern, its possible to get a jacket made in a bigger size. And I also have been eyeing that type 1 jacket, its just I want it in 21oz denim.

http://www.samurai-jeans.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=449

Exists now!

I can't get into the red and white stitching though.

Seeking advice on Samurai Jacket shrinkage so I can feel certain enough about a size to finally order that 555vx.

Hey coleslaw how does the denim compare between the Lee's and the Samurais?

If anyone lives in the Bay area in CA theres this 60ish white guy who bags groceries at berkeley bowl with an INSANE lee storm rider jacket faded to death like he's been wearing it all his life.. I'll try and get picts next time I go

Hey coleslaw how does the denim compare between the Lee's and the Samurais?

If anyone lives in the Bay area in CA theres this 60ish white guy who bags groceries at berkeley bowl with an INSANE lee storm rider jacket faded to death like he's been wearing it all his life.. I'll try and get picts next time I go

hello mr bautista.

and if the denim is from the Shins corp... its phenomenal! really really amazing stuff!

Can you post a picture of the apple selection too? I daydream about Berkeley Bowl produce and bulk foods alarmingly frequently...

Yesterday had the day off and decided to go around to the different vintage/thrift stores that I know and found a 1980 Wrangler 126MJ. I picked it up for $30 and it is pretty much unworn besides marks on the cuffs. There is a slight red cast to it at some parts that could be due to what looks like rust stains or something dark. I used a paste of sea salt and white vinegar and scrubbed the parts with a tooth brush before I cold soaked it. Today when I went to go wear it to school this morning I noticed it had some starch left in it and pretty stiff, not bad for a 30 year old jacket.

1300126354-picsay.jpg

1300126369-picsay.jpg1300126390-picsay.jpg

1300126408-picsay.jpg

1300126428-picsay.jpg

1300126328-picsay.jpg

1300126307-picsay.jpg

Hey stupid question:

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between type 1,2, or 3 jackets? I tried googling it but I had no luck!

Their original Levi's lot numbers were 506, 507, and 557. Deadendpro's photos show you most of the major differences between the jackets. Only thing left out of the photos is that the 506/Type 1 has a cinch back, the other two models have tabs at the waist to adjust it.

it also has a ton of life (all the distress, fray, dirt)

it was worn to both construction and farming jobs (it's been washed a lot)

i think it has a ton of character and family value.

it is americana workwear.

haters gonna hate

everyone on sufu are clones of each other. i like your jacket. lots of character.