What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

dunno if any of you guys will be into this, but i've just un-retired this jacket for the summer (it's too short for wearing with t-shirts, but i've been tucking in shirts a bit lately, which i can just about get away with...)

it's a denim printed gaultier jeans jacket from the late 90s i think - i've certainly had it more than 10 years.

pretty cool imo...

utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODMtMjAxMTA1MjktMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODUtMjAxMTA1MjktMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

sleeve detail...

utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODQtMjAxMTA1MjktMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

Here's a JC Penny's Payday jacket from the 50's. It's cut shorter in the torso than most modern jackets since they tended to wear their pants higher on the waist. The raglan sleeves are unique to Payday pattern. Railroad workers frequently wore them layered underneath a chore jacket in cooler weather.

PAYFRONT.jpg

PAYback.jpg

I had never noticed before that the MiJ ones don't seem to have the laurel wreath buttons, that sucks. That's one of the really killer details on that jacket.

You're right, it is one of the nicer details.

Also those MiJ jackets have the wrong rivets, they should be plain steel with a copper wash, but those are like modern Levis rivets IMO.

I agree about the rivets on the MIJ S506. Those seem wrong. The laurel buttons are a nice detail, but the early S jackets probably would have had standard Levi's buttons. One nice detail is that the red tab is one sided and has no R.

Here is a vintage example that is similar to the MiJ version. Even the rivets don't look too far off, actually.

http://vintagemotorcyclejackets.com/s506xx-41.htm

I agree about the rivets on the MIJ S506. Those seem wrong. The laurel buttons are a nice detail, but the early S jackets probably would have had standard Levi's buttons. One nice detail is that the red tab is one sided and has no R.

Here is a vintage example that is similar to the MiJ version. Even the rivets don't look too far off, actually.

http://vintagemotorcyclejackets.com/s506xx-41.htm

Mine has a double sided red tab device and has the registered R. Mine also has a buckle for the cinch without prongs.

^ those jackets (type 1 and 2) tend to have arms a bit shorter. what is the brand, LVC? depending on if it shrinks much is really the question. as of now the fit looks really good and once the denim settles it will be hard to take off.

first time wearing my type II. sorry for the photo booth pic (messed up colours).

photoon20110609at1438.jpg

i kind of like the roominess in the chest as compared to my previous type III but im not too sure about the sleeve length. what do you guys say? sell or keep?

Fit looks great! If you gave it a good long hot soak or a trip through the washing machine, you've probably got 95% or more of the shrinkage outta the way. I'd wear it until it's disgusting and then give it quick cold soaks from there on out to minimize any further shrinkage.

when would a jeans jacket get disgusting? i've had a levi's jacket for more than 10 years that i've never needed to wash...

Depends on how often you wear the jacket and what you're doing when you're wearing it. And everyone has their own definition of what dirty or disgusting is. To me, when the worn areas (whether a jacket or jeans) start getting a noticeable brown cast to them, they're getting ready for a wash. I know some people may like that look, but it reminds of high school and kids from less well off families who's stone washed jeans and jackets had an overall brown cast to them from not being washed, and you could smell them sitting two or three desks away from you. For some reason, it smelled like Cheetos. Fucking gross.

I don't know much about jean jackets or vintage denim, but I figured I'd post this up on here for y'all.

This is my dad's old Foremost JC Penney denim jacket. I'm guessing its from the 60's or 70's. If y'all have any info on it, I'd be interested to hear. It's too small for me, so I'm considering selling it.

If you are interested in any particular details, I'd gladly take more/better pictures.

J7Cdq.jpg

n5LSV.jpg

rDqVX.jpg