What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

it's not exactly a 'jeans' jacket, but i think corduroy will do to.

i just had some thrifting luck, found this Big E levi's jacket for 10 euro. it's pretty filthy and it doens't fit me (i think this is a small, i guess i wear a medium in levi's jackets). i guess it's from the late '60s, am i right on this one?

brilliant find lenn! really nice jacket. I had a levi's navy corduroy TypeIII style jacket similar to yours (bought new, cheap, small e) when I was in middle school. I threw it away years ago, but in a way i wish I'd kept it- you get some really cool 'fades' where the pile wears down on the cord. I remember the right shoulder eventually wore through where I used to carry a rucksack on one shoulder with books in it...

too bad you won;t get much wear on it if it's not your size, I'd be interested to see how white coloured cord looks when it's worn down. great thing to have anyway!

^^^is it the same as tangerine's/youngpunch's almostnice? Is yours blanket-lined? If they are the same, what's the denim like? and were the 2 below factory-washed or have they just ended up like this? it'll be interesting to see how yours ends up:)

Recently got this, current LVC offering. 1897 blanket-lined "blouse."

blouseW_1435.jpg

LVC fall 06 1897 blanket lined pleated blouse. Also looking around for a raw type II either from LVC or a Japanese repro company...

Picture011a.jpg

tangerines and youngpunches are from a later season ( 2 years ago?) as far as i know they came in a hardwash version only,and the horizontal seam on the backside isnt there.and yes,mine is blanket lined.thanks for bringing the old pics backs.would love to see a fitpic of cottonducks!

The denim feels and looks the same as used on the 1st blue jean,the 1873 model, i own one from the fall 1999 season,sadly one size too big.I wear this jacket as much as i can,but as everybody knows,jackets are somewhat different to pants,so there isnt really much to see now.And its still feels a bit

large,i did the initial soak in hottest tabwater,but nothing happened.than i soaked it in nearly boiling water for about an hour-same result.i know the agitation of a wash could shrink it,but i dont want to mess up the pleats.

Oh well,so much care for a real work jacket..

good stuff^^ and thanks for the info on the pleat front jacket. tried to +rep you but version4.0 still doesn;t seem to let me rep anyone (nothing happens when I click on the rep box...) sorry :(

nevermind,the pics doesnt show the real contrast anyway.couldnt use natural light and the flash made the coulors more even.I just couldnt mind to take more and i dont want to bore you with too much pics of the same thing.

If i only know what ringring did to his pleatjacket...

Its in the denim heavy gallery,so nice...

Levi's LVC 1879 First Blouse: 1 this is my second attempt to post a reply:nevermind,bill,the contrast is much higher in real,just couldnt mind to take more pics.check ringrings pleatjacket,awesome!!
good stuff^^ and thanks for the info on the pleat front jacket. tried to +rep you but version4.0 still doesn;t seem to let me rep anyone (nothing happens when I click on the rep box...) sorry :(

Just scored an actual 557 (non XX) jacket on eBay. Looks to be mid 60's. It has the large neck tag. Should have lemon stiching, and maybe shirt weight denim under the pocket flap.

Pics on arrival, as well as pics of the LVC 506 and 507 jackets I got last month.

• 2 weeks later...
Not exactly a jean jacket, but...I snagged this on ebay for forty bucks:

oct23cxfaimg_1238.jpg

Not bad for US made.

I like that alot. Simple yet effective. Good work fella!

Nice to see another lambretta lover on here!!

I spend half of my life riding scooters and doing the rallys,even some UK ones,like Aberystwyth,Bournemouth,Avonpark and Mersey Island,which was best.My last Lammy was an italian DL with TS1 225 and the stuff,got stolen at Easter 2003 and never came back.Now its scooter # 23, a 5 year old bog standard P200,my daily workhorse. :) Anybody else into classic scooters here?

I ride a '64 Eibar (spanish) lambretta series 2 with an SX200 block and a '66 GT vespa fitted with a 180 pollini.

Right. Back to jackets....

levis_type3.jpg

levis01_type3_col.jpg

levis01_type3_slee.jpg

Type 3 jacket size 44, tagged 71205 0217 (late 70’s or early 80’s?) size 44. The number 525 is stamped on the buttons. Washed once in cold water. Weight is approx 13-14 oz. The color is dusty blue/black and the denim feels a little slubby and crinkles like older vintage jackets.

levis02_type3.jpg

levis02_type3_col_pock.jpg

levis02_type3_tab.jpg

Type 3 jacket with 4 pockets size 44L, tagged 71506 0217 (mid 80’s?) The number 527 is stamped on the buttons. Still in dry condition, never washed or soaked. Weight is approx 14-15 oz and the color is clear blue.

Picked up a couple of unworn repro Type 1 jackets on eBay recently, both of which arrived this week. Apologies for the quality of the pics, it's been a foggy day and I have no flash as yet to take photos inside.

Firstly a Fullcount Lot 2107FS jacket. I'm assuming that this was made for the Western market as it has no tab, and it looks to be sanforised as there was minimal shrinkage after a wash. The only downside is the print on the back, which I don't think will be easily removed. It only cost £30 though, so worth it at that price and for denim of its quality:

dsc02835uq0.jpg

dsc02837xa3.jpg

dsc02781jh1.jpg

that is one sick jacket. Where did you score it?

Thanks,as some ppl pmed me about this before,here the story a last time again:I saw this first time in December 06 in a small shop here in Hamburg,it was discounted about 4 for times from € 399,- to more walletfriendly 60,- ,but I didnt bought it .In February 07 I read about it on SuFu and realized what a treasure it was.Went back there and they still had it.It has some small white marks where the indigo rubbed off from pulling in and out off the shelf.How is this called, storage fades maybe? :P

Thanks Cotton,great fit on yours, mine is a bit on the loose side,not sure if it will shrink more with a proper wash,2 hot soaks did nothing at all.As far as I remember you got yours at Ebay for about € 70,-.I think thats the only source where to find it at the moment,as long as LVC is not planning to release a raw version in the near future..