What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

really nice coleslaw....have you washed it?

Thanks. I actually washed it once to shrink it down and then haven't washed it since. Don't think I will again.

Wow. I don't think I've seen back combs before.

Yeah man, I think that only happens if your jacket is tight around your waist. Since, I have a large gut, it helps form the combs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have 4 jackets,

first pic here is an early lvc (555 stamp).

Second and third pics are of an original, all orange stiching apart from the top of the sleeve where there is yellow & orange.

fourth pics is another original.

Fifth pic is newish lvc, £35 on ebay.

Last up is the addidas.

IMG_5094copy.jpg

IMG_5095copy.jpg

IMG_5096copy.jpg

IMG_5097copy.jpg

IMG_5100copy.jpg

IMG_5089copy.jpg

IMG_5090copy.jpg

IMG_5093copy.jpg

I love, love, LOVE, that Adidas Materials of the World jacket. Shame I wasn't able to get it when it was out. Damn it looks cool. How's it fit?

-Jake

Love that Adidas too. Was equally gutted when I couldn't get hold of one. Seen 'em in the flesh and they look stunning.

Very jealous

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest patchmb

Here are a couple of Bedford cord Lvc jackets made at Valencia st for the japanese market. Picked the khaki 1 up for 2000 yen on yahoo. The other 1 cost me nearly 10 times that.

pic0162fq3.jpg

pic0164gr6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I opened a cupboard and all of these fell out...

1: Nipper's jacket #1, fits a three-year old. I'm guessing it's early 50s. Cost around $30...

kidsjacket.jpg

and detail...

kidsjacketdetail.jpg

3: Nipper's jacket #2, fits a six-year old. Lee 101J from early 70s. $25 canadian...

kidsleejacket.jpg

and, for completeness' sake, my 101J, also early 70s, also $25...

dadlee.jpg

..1970 or so Big E, complete with four-yr old Glastonbury mud...

dadlevi.jpg

and the g/f's Euro557 jacket, made in Tunisia, even these common-or-garden jackets fade nicely...

mumlevi.jpg

(and no, we don't all go out in these at once....)

How do you wear a denim jacket with jeans without looking like you're wearing the dreaded Canadian tuxedo?

I think t looks cool eaven if the denim matches, throw a light hood under if its a dark jacket or the other way round for light to break it up slightly. I swear by the jean jacket-hood combo.

Yeah I role with the texas tuxedo as well and my girlfriend gets embarrassed. I try to tell her that I am the most stylish guy in CA, but she doesn't believe me.

Yeah I role with the texas tuxedo as well and my girlfriend gets embarrassed. I try to tell her that I am the most stylish guy in CA, but she doesn't believe me.

this made me laugh hahahaha LOL hahahahahahahhahaha

They had a bunch of those, I think, or it might have been the 200 series on sale in the Regent St store a few years ago, for maybe 90 bucks. Can't work out why I didn't buy one. Okay, I don't really wear jean jackets, but I'm still cussing myself.

Yes Beats, but raw, fucking hot sex, denim looks amazing aswell.

I believe the raw one was a EU release and the states got the raped one a coupld seasons later...

Go ahead Paul, be like that!

I saw one in a second hand store two summers ago, but the previous owner had taken it in at the back and it looked like it would never fit anyone ever again.

Samuel.. i knew we were meant for each other.

Check your email.

Also, Samuel, here's the official info on the jacket taken from an old LVC lookbook:

1897 Blanket Lined Pleated Blouse

Model Information

This blanket lined 19th century jacket, or blouse as it was called then, was the forerunner of the iconic Levi's® denim jackets. It has sewn down front pleats, two large riveted chest pockets with silver buttons, silver buttons down the placket, and copper rivets at the cuff vents for added strength. A cinch at the back allows for an adjustable fit. The blanket lining adds warmth and softness and a dash of true old west flavor.