What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

I stopped by the local Levis flagship the other day to look for a Type 3. I was wearing my Samurai Type 2 (s0552cx). The salesman asked if he could help me find something, so I told him I was looking for an LVC jacket. He told me they didn't have any LVC jackets, but he pointed out raw-looking Type 1.

I told him I don't really like Type 1's, and I already had a Type 2. Did he have any Type 3's?

"Uh, what do you mean exactly by 'type?'"

I took a quick looked around, saw they only had that Type 1, thanked the guy for his help and left.

Nudie Conny Dry. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Size Large. I'm 5'11", 160 lbs.

P8300008.jpg

Straight beautiful as hell. God I love the overdyed look.

-JF

I stocked up on denim jackets in the off season: deadstock Lee 220 (like a 101J), early 70's Type III, still nice and dark with great wear too, a lined Big E Type III, and one of the non LVC Type I-esque jackets. I'll try to post pics soon.

thanks man, and are the sleeves fairly short?

I actually couldn't find any sleeve info, but I have a 6003w that is a size 44. At 25", I'll that the sleeve hits right at the wrist for me. I have a Samurai jacket that has incredibly short sleeves, but my Flat Head is pretty standard in comparison.

what are the differences between the types?

Here ya go…

types.jpg

i am heading to japan next week.....

of course denim shall be on the agenda.

does anyone know if any of the japanese labels make a type II or type III jacket in black denim....? preferably overdyed. i think i may have seen a denime one somewhere a while ago, but cant seem to find it now.

depending on funds, i may buy a couple of jackets over there. i do want an indigo jacket, but ideally my first choice would be black - its more verstaile, and less 'risky' than going for a full tux.

oh because of the freaquent washing they did? or is it because they were made a size smaller..? i wear a size 42 on all my jackets but i ordered the left hand twill denim jacket from samurai would you think it will fit??