What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

I have a pair , they def are not chainstitched . I had mine hemmed in yellow thread , by a friend who is a seamstress , they look spot on . If you wear them with no turnup they look no different . I always wear cuffs but dont get hungup if I have to hem without double chainstitch (have Lee/Edwin 52 101zs hemmed and love them) Jeans are originally workwear and I bet historically no one was to worried about keeping the aesthetics write !!! Get them they are cool jeans .

yes man, get em, I will order myself a pair, had these in my hands today at Lee flagshipstore in berlin(199€ so far) and was delighted by the feeling of the denim, the rivets and butttons... btw. there is thread for these beatles Lee stuff, where I read that 101z´s shrink to 32 1/2" , so no problem;)

yes man, get em, I will order myself a pair, had these in my hands today at Lee flagshipstore in berlin(199€ so far) and was delighted by the feeling of the denim, the rivets and butttons... btw. there is thread for these beatles Lee stuff, where I read that 101z´s shrink to 32 1/2" , so no problem;)

Eek, had to hit them up in a 32x34 as the 34x34 were gonesville arizona. Still, at £72 it was worth a punt. I guess they are not sanfo'ed then? Jacket says it is but the sleeves didn't seem to budge with a warm soak.

(apologies for straying off topic!).

Eek, had to hit them up in a 32x34 as the 34x34 were gonesville arizona. Still, at £72 it was worth a punt. I guess they are not sanfo'ed then? Jacket says it is but the sleeves didn't seem to budge with a warm soak.

(apologies for straying off topic!).

Sanforized means it won't shrink. I believe all Lee stuff is.

I was in my local levis store today, and they had the non-selvage type ONE jacket all over the place. Washed, Rinsed, didn't see a raw. Looks alright I guess, but the LVC version is where its at, they sell it at cultizm. But I'm actually looking for a dry/raw/unwashed/deadstock type II at the moment.

Love the Lee jacket..any chance we can get fit pics ?

OK, here's goes...

web.jpg

web.jpg

Yeah, I look stiffer than the jacket... can't say I make a habit of posing for the internet like this ;-)

(PS I just happened to have the Lee jeans on, not playing on doing the tux look as here!)

Thanks for the fit pics..really nice ...and you are a very serious person ...LOL

I'm only that serious looking when my kid (who by now thinks I have seriously lost the plot) is taking pictures of me that I know are going on a forum full of male model-a-like denim junkies :-)

I was paranoid I'd look mad camp so I went for the police mugshot vibe.

anyway, these type 1 jacket look fantastic, doesn´t matter if these are big e or selvage, they fit and look origin. A+++

you're right about the selvage and big e (at least for me)...but the denim is the same shit current stf's are made of...I was almost gonna pull the trigger untill I learned that

I'm thinking about getting the Medium. I missed out on the cinch back version of the on I bought buy one or two dollars. Aero is selling them for ridiculous amount of money.

checkout: www.wbgo.org/index.php and www.jazzandblues.org

wow jones man the lee looks just great on u. i am a real lee fan and it fits u perfect. i wonder what size u bought it in. and beware dont wash too hot, i did washed my 101j 1946 accidentally and it really got smaller, though the 101z didnt, so be cautious.

wow jones man the lee looks just great on u. i am a real lee fan and it fits u perfect. i wonder what size u bought it in. and beware dont wash too hot, i did washed my 101j 1946 accidentally and it really got smaller, though the 101z didnt, so be cautious.

Usually wear a 42" chest - I bought it in Large.

I won't be washing it at all for some time - but thanks for the tip off re the hot wash.

• 2 weeks later...
don't remember seeing any RRL jackets around, but the RRL jeans i have are excellent work. tony_hige (he with the much-vaunted 45rpm sorahikos) has rated their denim from their older runs highly as well so it all depends on which run of RRLs you've got...pics?

Here are pictures of a RRL Jacket I've had for years. These are the first run from 1993

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stevenalexander/DSCF3089.JPG

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stevenalexander/DSCF3090.JPG

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stevenalexander/DSCF3091.JPG

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics of my Denime 577 Type 3. I think its made from the XX denim, but I'm not sure. I think it is, because the fades are coming out pretty nice.

It started as raw and I wore it for a year. I threw it into a washing machine recently and dried it on hot. Shrank like crazy but fits like a glove now. It barely fits around my spare tire. Definitely my favorite jacket.

denime2.jpg

denime1.jpg

denime3.jpg