What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

coleslaw, was it too big and long before? Are the arm honeycombs all in the wrong place now? It looks pretty subtle there, but those things always worry me.

coleslaw, was it too big and long before? Are the arm honeycombs all in the wrong place now? It looks pretty subtle there, but those things always worry me.

Funny thing is that the combs are still in the right place, but the cuffs are shorter than before. The width shrank a lot, but thats about it. Feels like a 42 or 40 now.

I think since I've been wearing the jacket so long, that the wrinkles are pretty much set in place. It still folds in the same place as before.

This is the flathead one:

fh-6002w-02.jpg

and this is the samurai one:

sj-s0552xx-02.jpg

which one should i get?

Is the Flathead raw? I have a Samurai Type II. It's one-wash, and a little short all over. If I were buying one of these two, I'd get the FH for the better color.

EDIT: BTW, where are you looking to buy the FH from? I've been wanting another denim jacket lately...

Anyone have advice on trying on raw denim jackets?

I was checking out a couple Samurai and Somet ones at Blue in Green this weekend, but couldn't tell how well they fit since the way they settle on my shoulders now is stiff and boxy, but I know they are going to really soften up over a few months of wear.

Also which companies would make good denim jackets for taller thin guys?

Size 44 Type II Flathead OW laid flat no pulling:

Top of collar (folded) to bottom: 77cm

Pit to pit: 55cm

Waist: 48cm

Shoulder seam straight across to shoulder seam: 50cm

Top shoulder seam to sleeve end: 73cm

Pit seam to sleeve end: 51.5cm

Sleeve end width: 12.5cm

Picked up a vintage Levis Type 3 that I am trying to date. Tag has no visible numbering but the top button has 521 stamped. Any thoughts?

mid 80s or later... they used single digits until the mid or late 70s, and then 524 until the end of the redline era. 521 came after that.

Actually, jackets had 3 digit numbers in the Big E era. I have a lined two toned stiched Type 3 that has 3 digit coded buttons. Maybe there were different factories that only produced the jackets??? The early Type 3's had larger tags.