What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Hey Ang, you thinking of coping one? Love that Lee silhouette. Short height and long ass arms.

I actually won one on ebay that I had to let go 'cause it was too big and wouldn't shrink.

Wanted to keep it so badly. 22" across the chest.

ƒXƒiƒbƒvƒ{ƒ^ƒ“‚ð‚Ç‚ê‚É‚·‚é‚©‚Ã…”ñÂí‚É–À‚½‚ªÂA‚±‚ÃŒ‚ׂÃÂb•Â¿‚ÃŒƒXƒiƒbƒvƒ{ƒ^ƒ“‚ÉŒˆ’èÂB‚µ‚©‚àŒÂ©‚Ä‚ÃŒ’ʂ蔼ƒXƒPƒ‹ƒgƒ“Âó‘Ô‚Ã…ƒfƒjƒ€Â¶’n‚ªŒÂ©‚¦‚Ä‚¢‚é‚ÃŒ‚ªƒ|ƒCƒ“ƒgÂBƒfƒjƒ€‚̕‚³‚Ã…ƒ{ƒ^ƒ“‚ªˆÃ¸‚«—§‚‚悤‚É‚È‚ÂÄ‚¢‚éÂB

Maybe Chicken can translate what they are ???

Translated by google: "Tortoise shell handle snap button"

According to wikipedia, this is surely an artificial replacement for real tortoiseshell, which originally came from the now endangered hawksbill tortoise. It's an authentic detail, though, since apparently the real material was popular until banned in the 1970's.

It's hard to tell, is the third generation of this shirt still available? Does DJ ship internationally? It's very pretty.

yeah, it's tortoise shell alright:

べっ甲柄半スケルトンボタン

スナップボタンをどれにするかで非常に迷ったが、このべっ甲柄のスナップボタンに決定。しかも見ての通り半スケルトン状態でデニム生地が見えているのがポイント。デニムの黒さでボタンが引き立つようになっている。

tortoise shell half-skeleton button

after much contemplation, we've decided to go with this tortoise shell snap button. as you can see, because of its half-skeleton construction you could see the denim through it. it's designed so that the darkness of the denim makes the button stand out.

I recently bought a raw Levi's type 1 jacket from their online store because it was cheap, raw, and I needed a decent jacket for the coming fall. I figured if you're going to do denim on denim (Matching, even), you should go balls-out, hence the gaudy pumas and aviators. :cool:

jacket1sj3.jpg

Shown with an AA henley and APC New Cures. I'd like to drop the money for a nice selvage jacket in the future, but for now this one fits my poor 20-something's budget.

Here's a question: What's the scuttlebutt on patches? I was thinking of sewing on one or two (Less is more in this case, I imagine) but are they considered tacky? I'm a fan of personalizing things, and if I'm doing the texas tuxedo I figure I don't have much to lose.

(First post oh em gee)

Yeah they are really nice snap buttons. The newer ones are often called Pearl Domes, with the milky plasitc that is supposed to look like pearl. I have a zillion of them in the cupboard that I picked up about five years ago...but didn't have a press machine. Made a few shirts and wacked them on with a hammer with a bit on rubber on top so as not to crack the dome. Nice shirt Beatle!

I recently bought a raw Levi's type 1 jacket from their online store because it was cheap, raw, and I needed a decent jacket for the coming fall. I figured if you're going to do denim on denim (Matching, even), you should go balls-out, hence the gaudy pumas and aviators. :cool:

Shown with an AA henley and APC New Cures. I'd like to drop the money for a nice selvage jacket in the future, but for now this one fits my poor 20-something's budget.

Here's a question: What's the scuttlebutt on patches? I was thinking of sewing on one or two (Less is more in this case, I imagine) but are they considered tacky? I'm a fan of personalizing things, and if I'm doing the texas tuxedo I figure I don't have much to lose.

(First post oh em gee)

??? there's a non-selvage type 1 jacket?

:confused:

welcome to the future, nevertheless.

(First post oh em gee)

Funny you should mention the texas tuxedo...I was just talking about it today. Anyway, go for it...personalize it...do whatever, it only makes it more interesting. I don't think there's anything wrong with adding embelishments...just don't start cutting things off. ;)

Chicken, oh yeah. Check the stores. I think they're also slimmed a bit.

BC, not really a patch but it's customized:

http://www.myfreedamn.com/myfreedamn5_en.html

Some cool stuff there, thanks.

Here's the type 1 in question, for reference:

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2769575&cp=2068573.2082894.2107732&parentPage=family

Er, I must be missing something..?? :confused:

damn...did you get this from oipolloi or something?

Nope - Triads. In the sale - they have the jeans cheap too (but 34 will be too long for me and that's all Lee are doing).

Had seen it in Lee Carnaby Street but it was a bit lumpy price-wise. Then I saw it in the sale online, bought it and have slowly lost my mind and am now hooked on the indigo thing like a crackwhore needs the pipe.

Will do some reluctant fit pics later (the missus already thinks I have gone insane so why the hell not I guess!).

Now have a BlueBell 11MJ in my sights and will try and stop the jonesin' with some LVC 47's. I expect those purchases to fail to halt the affliction.