What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

=mizanation;459388]yeah, they're like the holy grail of jean jackets.[/[/b]QUOTE]

I'll treat them with respect...

Funny how they never came up before ....

That pic though sais ur right....it is the holy grail

s5110vxj_main.jpg

I'm surprised you don't remember...

I'm just wondering if there is anybody out there with some type 3 denim jackets. Since this is my favorite style and is probably the most popular, I figure I'll start a thread about them.

Here's my small collection:type3.jpg

From the top, left to right.

1) Not exactly the type 3, but a Lee repro by Samurai SO111XJ

2) Sugarcane SC1162

3) Flat Head 6003

4) Denime 557xx

5) Levi's LVC 70505

And here's the thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20462&highlight=type+3+denim

Funny thing about that, is Chicken didn't think folks around here had enough material for a good thread.

yeah, i became a believer after seeing coleslaw's. too bad he won't sell it to me even though it fits me perfectly and is too tight for him. :( j/k 'slaw

Yeah it's a beauty alright. I wonder if Samurai will ever release it again. I think its the same denim as the Jin model. Miz, I'm sorry that I won't sell it to you, even though it does fit you like a dream, and your wife said that "You look sexy, baby" in the jacket. I'm just too attached right now. Maybe a gift in the future?

Beatle I hope it fits you, 'cause you're gonnna love it!

Damn, those samurai's are nice. The non-limited edition ones look nice also, but as always $$$.

How are the APC denim jackets though? Never owned a denim jacket, but I'm interested in picking one up soon. Do they (raw ones) shrink/change in size from wash to wash like raw jeans? (Or in APCs case, stretch :P)

In the past week, I've found no less than half a dozen vintage 60s-70s selvedge denim jackets, raw, never worn or washed here in Cleveland at assorted vintage shops. All under $50.

Here's my question: Why are they all made for fat people with short arms?

:(

Yeah it's a beauty alright. I wonder if Samurai will ever release it again. I think its the same denim as the Jin model. Miz, I'm sorry that I won't sell it to you, even though it does fit you like a dream, and your wife said that "You look sexy, baby" in the jacket. I'm just too attached right now. Maybe a gift in the future?

Beatle I hope it fits you, 'cause you're gonnna love it!

You can even tell how yellow the stitching is, compared to the other ones. Beatle, what were your search words when you were looking for this?

In the past week, I've found no less than half a dozen vintage 60s-70s selvedge denim jackets, raw, never worn or washed here in Cleveland at assorted vintage shops. All under $50.

Here's my question: Why are they all made for fat people with short arms?

:(

Probably why no one bought 'em unka steve. If it fit, they wouldn't be there. Frustrating, ain't it?

If you find a Lee 101 deadstock jacket w/ a 40" and you're not a 40", lemme know.

None of them are Lee or Levis. But I'm seeing plenty of Roebucks, and really nice denim too.

I'm a 40" chest, but I've got long arms and broad shoulders. So finding anything that fits and isnt' a hoodie is problematic.

But I'll keep looking. Hell, the last two I saw were only $35 each. I doubt you could even buy the denim for that. Maybe I'll buy 'em, measure 'em, and just put 'em up on the Supermarket so that someone else can take advantage of the lack of style in Cleveland. ;)

I can only hope my sammy jacket turns out anything remotely close to that....!

i guess a lot of wear. it says he used to also wear it as a pajama to sleep with. but now that there are some damages showing up especially in his sleeves, he's been taking it easy. there's already been some repair on it, and he needs to do some more soon.

ah sleeping in a denim jacket I don't think I could do it. Especially long sleeves???

Hey, What do you actually wear with jean jackets... I've wanted one forever, but I don't want to wear a Tenessee tuxedo... :\

that's an on-going debate. do a search and you'll find different people's opinions.

texas tuxedo -- i think you either do or you don't.