Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

The photos turned out quite dark. :/
I don't like the resole on my iron rangers. I wanted a black sole. But he put some other stuff on. I did not notice it at first. 

I will not bother changing it atm. They need a resole in 6 months or so anyway. Can just make sure it will be done properly next time.

_MG_6682_mod.jpg_MG_6687_mod.jpg_MG_6709_mod.jpg

I wish you had taken pictures of my shoes...I didn't manage to get one decent shot. Decided with heavy heart against a pair of White's and for these Bordeaux Horsehide Heschung Nils desert boots- I needed decent boots/shoes for work, so I went with this for me unusual style.

DSC08521.jpg
DSC08524.jpg
DSC08527.jpg
DSC08528.jpg
DSC08529.jpg
DSC08547.jpg
DSC08548.jpg
DSC08550.jpg
(love the red in this last picture)

They look pretty awesome, Max!

Here are the unknown brand engineers I posted earlier. After lots of conditioners, wax and a final coat of mustang paste they cleaned up good, here they are (with shoe trees in). In reality they look a lot nicer (flash pics, shit light today).

gnik.jpg

znkz.jpg

I didn't love the color of my new Red wing 9027 fresh out of the box, original color on the right:

yz6y.jpg

...but after some mink oil they turned a warmer honey-like tone that I like a lot. I'll wear the hell out of them during the coming wet spring. I like how much indigo already bled onto them:

v5g5.jpg

ds5e.jpg

7mh5.jpg

Ooe's and White's...All I need in my closet...

13203046403_dccfa69d78_z.jpg

I've never worn foot wear this fitted and comfortable in my life! I'd wear these to bed if I could! ;)

Re: This pair vs. my recent LTT SJ's, I've decided I prefer the plain toe vs. LTT as plain toe is less restrictive. I think my next pair will be straight up regular 10" Plain Toe SJ's although I may be tempted to go custom (BH in horse hide, or maybe distressed brown?)...

Edited by aho

Aho, unfortunately as far as I've been informed from Kyle, the horse hide option is only available for Semi-dress. I wanted a pair of bounty hunter's in horsehide as well. Something to do with the size of the horsehide strips.

Cander the issue with the heels is a bit odd, and they should give you a refund. The wait time, even at the extended 30-40 day window, still seems very reasonable, especially considering the wait time for White's and Wesco is usually quoted at 8-10 weeks, but often takes 12 or more.

Yeah, no, I decided to delete that and give them a chance.  I don't think 30-40 days is crazy, but I wish I had been told a more accurate 40-50 right off the bat, rather than 20-30.

Ooe's and White's...All I need in my closet...

13203046403_dccfa69d78_z.jpg

I've never worn foot wear this fitted and comfortable in my life! I'd wear these to bed if I could! ;)

Re: This pair vs. my recent LTT SJ's, I've decided I prefer the plain toe vs. LTT as plain toe is less restrictive. I think my next pair will be straight up regular 10" Plain Toe SJ's although I may be tempted to go custom (BH in horse hide, or maybe distressed brown?)...

aho,

Those boots look fantastic!  Forgive the newbie question, but is 10" a comfortable boot height for everyday wear in temperate weather?

John

Yeah, no, I decided to delete that and give them a chance.  I don't think 30-40 days is crazy, but I wish I had been told a more accurate 40-50 right off the bat, rather than 20-30.

Nicer to excede expectations.

aho,

Those boots look fantastic!  Forgive the newbie question, but is 10" a comfortable boot height for everyday wear in temperate weather?

John

Really a matter of personal preference...I certainly don't need the height or rugged build of a full 10" boot for every day wear but I plan to beat them up for life when I get them! Something too about the traditional standard spec Smokejumper build that I just can't get off my mind...

lifted this from a facebook comment on the White's page...Packers, 7 years old vs. new ones:

13235415443_7e3fecfcc1_c.jpg

Probably could've went another decade or even longer if they were taken care of properly but interesting to see!

Edited by aho

Bradl - Canada post, Canada customs or a combination of the two caused the delay?

That apartment happen to be a Boardwalk apartment off of 17th?

Well got into Calgary on Friday, then sat up at the depot by the airport. But I guess it doesn't run on the weekend as I called them 15 times to see if I could come pick them up.

Damn, that's a freakishly good eye. Boardwalk in Mission actually, down road from Safeway.

@bradl: that's really a steal! how do they fit? they look great! I guess I will resole my MOTOs similar when they need it

They fit like a fucking glove. I was kind of scared but they're just a TINY bit tight so sized perfectly. 

I kind of want to get the heel reduced 1/4" as the heel and sole aren't level and really bugs me.

Pretty interesting comparative of a bunch of the more affordable boots we see pretty often on this forum on this blog. 

http://blindbully.com/2013/12/alden-oak-street-red-wing-wolverine-timberland/

I wonder if the blogger is a forum poster.

Some of the remarks regarding the Red Wing Beckman are consistent with observations I've read elsewhere and really put me off a pair, despite how much I like the colour of the boot in chestnut.

Hi Hoggreaser.

I'm not an active user of the site, but noticed a bit of traffic coming to my blog from superfuture, so I've come to check it out. Thus far I'm impressed by the diversity of beautiful shoes in this thread. I partial to threads with well worn shoes so you know what you can hope for when breaking in a current pair. The shoes in the link you posted will definitely look better with age, but are still new. I've also taken some photos of new iron rangers that I'm in the process of breaking in, and will definitely be back with a photo when that's been accomplished, but it's taking longer than expected...

Currently my favorite pair of beat up shoes are my 1.5 year old desert boots that are definitely showing their wear, but looking pretty good in my opinion. Here's a photo and link to the post. http://blindbully.com/2013/10/clarks-desert-boot-cleaned/

Clarks-Desert-Boots-with-Obenauf-by-Blin

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...