Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Nice one, highvoltage.

Thanks, just used a small amount of polish at a time..started with neutral, then brown, and finally a bit of parade gloss black. I'd like to try the higher end polish, but so far I've had decent results from plain old kiwi.

Sure thing. I did the foot tracing thing with Russell and these are stamped 9.5e. The Munson is extremely comfortable in the toe box. Plenty of room to spread out. The instep and heel are nicely snug. I have an eBay pair of Russell moccasin on the standard last in the same size which are far less roomy.

i don't think I've ever had a good fitting pair of redwings but I suspect I'm a 9e in them since a 9d was cripplingly tight.

My whites are 9.5e and 9.5ee in the nomads.

My Trickers are 8 1/2 wide (6?) and I can't remember my c&j size but I suspect it is 9.

Do contact Russell, they are awesome.

Yuketen is very hard to wear unless you have the perfect foot shape for the shoe in question or don't mind a loose, somewhat streetwear-esque fit. Moccasin boots in general do not fit me because my foot is the polar opposite of their general shape; narrow in the heel and wide across the toes. It's a shame too because Yuketen's construction and finishing is truly something to behold.

I just got the Alden longwings from J Crew made on the Barrie last in sz 10. The right foot fits perfect but my left foot is a bit longer. It feels tight on the throat line and makes a sharp crease. My toe seems like its in the right place. I've included pics. Should I get a half size up (thus the right foot will be too big) or will this work itself out with wear? I can still take them back at this point. Thanks.

001qib.jpg

Left foot with crease from my metatarsal

002qzd.jpg

Right foot perfect fit

Attackwithstones was asking for updates on these a little bit ago, and I just got around to taking a few (shitty) pictures. These are Santa Rosa engineers made by Zip Stevenson. They wear incredibly hard, and I can't recommend them enough.

Before:

6806253042_85e258546d_z.jpg

After plenty of wear:

8435852879_b472943872_z.jpg

8436949398_02aa02a88f_z.jpg

I'll try to grab a few better pics in natural light in the next few days.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...