Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Here are my roughouts.

I literally know nothing about them though from looking at pictures of others they are not wwII impressions.

I bought them off a dude who claimed they were "vintage" but he probably has no clue. Regardless they were in basically brand new condition when I got them 3 or 4 months ago. I treated them with snow seal and thats it.

If anyone could tell me anything that'd be cool but ultimately I like them and don't care all that much.

Here they are "new".

2lb2786.jpg

slph05.jpg

el3cz9.jpg

359gyzd.jpg

I am not sure what hey are, but wish I did... cuz i would buy them. the toe box area does not seem as broad/wide as the others I have seen, but has flattened out nicely just like the others do with good wear. Very curious about these am I.

Here are my roughouts.

I literally know nothing about them though from looking at pictures of others they are not wwII impressions.

If anyone could tell me anything that'd be cool but ultimately I like them and don't care all that much.

Here they are "new".

2lb2786.jpg

I don't see what the fuss is about Cat's Paws, Coleslaw that maroonish color is beautiful.

The Cat's Paws themselves are a neat detail, but what I really like about those boots is the way the leather and rubber sole alters the whole posture of the boot, bringing them a bit higher off the ground than 405's typically stand.

The Cat's Paws themselves are a neat detail, but what I really like about those boots is the way the leather and rubber sole alters the whole posture of the boot, bringing them a bit higher off the ground than 405's typically stand.

Very nice articulation of one aspect that makes coleslawyum's 405's so awesome. Those photos definitely have me thinking I might want to go a similar route (leather sole, rubber half-sole) for my next resole, as I've already done two resoles and would like to preserve the life of these shoes as long as possible, so it would be nice to just be able to replace the half-soles when necessary...plus it looks great.

So I got my wedding coming up in June and I need to find a nice pair of black boots. They have to be dressy and I prefer a leather sole. I am definitely thinking something in a black shell from Alden, but am open to others.

Congratulations!

Honestly, for a wedding, you should probably be wearing one of these:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-cap-toe-bal-oxford-shell-cordovan-black-shell/pvc-ald-mxsd-9071_ald_m_cap_toe_bal_oxford_shell_cordovan.html

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-wing-tip-bal-shell-cordovan-black/pvc-ald-mxsdlw-9741_ald_m_wing_tip_bal_shell_cordovan.html

You might be able to get away with this:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-black-shell/pvc-ald-mxsb-4065_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

Or, maybe a RM Williams Craftsman Chelsea boot.

If you're going to get a boot, it needs to be on one of the sleeker lasts. (Not Barrie or Trubalance.) However, in my opinion, the absolute best option would still be a balmoral shoe. And regardless of what shoe you get, make sure you wear it and break it in before the big day. Otherwise, you could be rather miserable with all the standing and dancing that occurs in weddings.

I don't see what the fuss is about Cat's Paws, Coleslaw that maroonish color is beautiful.

I just clown around with people who mention wanting to use Cats Paws. They were the kewl heels to use about abyear ago and then didn't last very long because most of the heels are old.

Coleslaw, seeing your Indys makes me not want to sell mine. Just wish I had a pair of jeans they looked good with.

I just clown around with people who mention wanting to use Cats Paws. They were the kewl heels to use about abyear ago and then didn't last very long because most of the heels are old.

Coleslaw, seeing your Indys makes me not want to sell mine. Just wish I had a pair of jeans they looked good with.

Don't listen to this snake in the grass Alex. I'm beginning to grow afraid that he is launching a Cats Paws hate campaign while stockpiling all of them that he can get his hands on, so that he has a lifetime supply, and can then charge a kings ransom for those that aren't in his size. Cats Paws are the best rubber soles money can buy, and are worth paying the climbing prices for deadstock versions. Not only do they make your new boots look old, with a little bit of luck, your boots will feel old too! Not old like broken in, but old like they were made in the 50's. The fucking 50's!!!!! Do you get it now?

Seriously though, I have had some of my shoes soled with them, and probably will again. They look "right", and the place I get mine (Eddie's in Sherman Oaks, which is a 15 minute drive for me, so also convenient) has a decent supply of not that old (less than 15 years by all I have been told) examples that hold up better than what I have heard other people talking about. They are a little more money, but they are far from the silliest clothing related expenditures I've made.

Also, DP...yet again, I find fault with something you are claiming....you said it was cool about a year ago, and its definitely been two years. Time flies when you are fighting with dudes on the internet about the value of rubber boot soles.

Also, DP...yet again, I find fault with something you are claiming....you said it was cool about a year ago, and its definitely been two years. Time flies when you are fighting with dudes on the internet about the value of rubber boot soles.

I don't fight, I just point out how trendy it is to have Cats Paws soles on boots. No one can deny the fact that when Bill shed light on those tasty morsels, everyone gobbled them up one spoon full at a time.

I'll admit, I got a pair of Semi Dress because they were the new hot shoe. I regret it now because they cost way too much and I lost money when I sold them. Damn you trend setters!!

Just a quick heads up, a new pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles in size 10 were just posted on the bay for $162.99 w/ free shipping (not mine, just thought it might be helpful for someone here)...

If I wear a 9.5D in Red Wing GT's, how will these compare? I ask because I wear a 10 in most sneakers and Chippewa boots.

How much do Cats Paw heels usually go for?? I saw a like-new pair on a pair of old shoes at a nearby thrift store the other day. Might cop just to resell

they don't sell for that much, but I also picked up a pair of wingtips in a huge size of 13 or 15 or something because they had a perfect pair on them in a huge size that fits my size 11 405's when the time comes.

The boxes will say size 11 but they're tiny to what's on the boots...

Thanks y'all for the suggestions on the boots. The wedding is going to be pretty casual. I will be wearing a Khaki suit, and my old lady has forced me to wear black shoes. Not too big of a deal, but I want to buy some that I can feel proud wearing, even if it is going to cost a pretty buck.

Tally Ho informed me that Leather Soul is going to be opening a joint in LA and I think that I will probably abstain from a purchase til then. I would really like to try them on before I lay down $600 on some shoes.

Also, someone pointed to the captoe black alden shell boots on theshoemart. I was thinking those as well. The problem is I already have them in a #8 shell, but that probably won't stop me.

Also, thanks for the congratulations. I finally found a lady who can combat my feisty-ness. She can make me shut up pretty well.

Also, I tried to dish out some +rep for you folks and it seems i need to spread it around from most of you.

They're WWII Impressions USMC roughouts. Compared to the Army roughouts they have more of a narrower toe and no rivets. Here's a photo of one of mine. I decided not to sno seal em.

boondocker.jpg

Here are my roughouts.

I bought them off a dude who claimed they were "vintage" but he probably has no clue. Regardless they were in basically brand new condition when I got them 3 or 4 months ago. I treated them with snow seal and thats it.

Here they are "new".

2lb2786.jpg

slph05.jpg

el3cz9.jpg

359gyzd.jpg