Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Nice collection. I like the variety.
Damn, it looks like you took off some of the top epidermis. You might have to take that in to a leather restorer.

But nice collection anyhow. Some info on the collection?

OK, I do not know if you are being sarcastic re the variety, I would guess so, seeing as 2 are very similar, and 4 are the same as each other.

I have 2 pairs of Frye Brando Laces (Tan and Black). I got them 2 for one, already 50% off, and I am not too happy with the quality, discussed on SF (eyelets jagged, rip in leather liner, messed up and cracked top sole).

One pair are RW 8166, another are Featherstone leather GTs, Sorel Pac Boots, and 2 pairs of Sperry. Ohh, and no name desert boots and a pair of Clark boots that ripped on that middle seam, and the store I got them from would not give me a new pair, but kind of fixed them.

my friend made me these boots and there was a flap that buckled over to close them but i replaced that with a tounge and laces

IMG_0080.jpg

you can see here where the flap was stiched on

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

and this i where the buckle was, unfortunately the liner covers the other side of the rivet so i cannot cut it out.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

marineabilly - those are sweet! more info please...

seconded; those look just like what ive been looking for. Hope the price isnt too exotic

^^^

well since i got impatient waiting for him to respond, did some research and found that those are Moto Gt-1 Lace-ups a/w09 , couldnt find a store that had a pair in stock, but at ¥57,000 and with the dollar the way it is, seems like it'll be ok to look elsewhere for something similar. that burgundy-ish looking color though (unless its just my crappy monitor) looks excellent.

here's a place with some info:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ac1753/a016sh002_br/#a016sh002_br

I ordered some Red Wings GT boots last week and have been wearing them for a few days now. I love the boots, but I'm having to give them a break for today because the back part of the top of the boots is bruising my achilles tendon area above and behind my ankle. I assume the leather will stretch and soften with wear. Anyone else have this problem?

I ordered some Red Wings GT boots last week and have been wearing them for a few days now. I love the boots, but I'm having to give them a break for today because the back part of the top of the boots is bruising my achilles tendon area above and behind my ankle. I assume the leather will stretch and soften with wear. Anyone else have this problem?

red wings can be a beast to break in, keep the faith.

had exactly the same problem. after a while I sold them all (3 pairs) and ordered 1/2 a size bigger (pussy). i ordered three pairs and never had these problems with one of them again!

thick socks help tremendously.

Besides your boots breaking in, the other thing that needs to happen is for your foot to get used to the boot and build up some callouses. So yeah, give your foot a rest every few days for the first month and you'll be fine.

Although, I believe I read somewhere where someone was giving instructions on applying Obernauf's to boots and they said that every now and then it doesn't hurt to put the leather protector on the inside of the boot. I've done this on the leather sole, but not to the whole inside. It actually kinda sucked because it made the sole really slippery against my socks and my feet were sliding all around. But, I don't know if applying leather protector to the inside then immediately putting them on and wearing them would help soften the leather up. Anybody know of this?

Okay, I don't wanna fuck up my feet even more before I compete in the Golden Gloves, soooo

I'm selling a pair of 8 1/2 Red Wing 2268s for 250 bucks plus shipping. PM me if interested.

They're tough ass engineer boots.

boooots-1.jpg

I'd love to wear em but now I got scars like jesus reminding me that I shouldn't. I have too high an arch to my feet.

and pic wearing them: http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x306/LeonardLeroy/meinboots.jpg

>everyinchofgod, you might try experimenting with how you lace them, try not lacing them all the way up for instance or you could also try putting an insole in them.

I've done both, actually. Thanks everyone for the advice, sounds like I'll just have to rotate them for a while with my old boots.

Searched the 1500+ pages, but there's nothing on socks and White's boots.

When sizing White's, what kind of socks do people account for? I'm an 8.5D in Barrie last in dress socks, great fit in in 9D Plaza last in dress socks too. For boots I usually wear thick (ragg wool) socks, and probably would in White's too. I'm thinking means 9E in White's Smokejumper/Farmer Rancher last but wonder if there's any input on how socks affect the fit?

they are motos and the first thing I would buy once i get to japan.

here, the whole range:

http://www.chukai.ne.jp/~motos/leather-silver/item/item-top.html

they updated their webpage!

Yeah, I was stationed in Japan from '95 to '99. What I woudn't give to be stationed there now for four years. I imagine my WHOLE wardrobe consisting of every 1930's reproduction awsomeness they make. I still have five years 'til retirement, so there's still a chace to be stationed there :D

These Moto's ROCK!!