Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Does anyone know if there are Grenson Ilkley's hiding anywhere online or in a store? Apparently they've been discontinued. I was originally going to get Tricker Maltons but I actually like the color and have heard better things about the Ilkley. A very thorough search showed only one store online still carrying and it's very possible they don't actually have it (I'm calling during business hours tomorrow).

Alternately, does anyone know of where to get Maltons cheaper than 225 pounds or another good alternative brogue boot with commando sole?

EDIT: Sorry if this has been answered (the thread search sucks), how much would it cost to put a commando sole on a pair of boots?

beautiful collection beatle; love the Russels and the Ultimate Indies (are those the kudu leather version?)

57000 yen for the Moto boots are a bit out of my league, I think I'd rather have a custom built from alden similar to that model. Anxiously awaiting Tom's reply...

Does anyone know if there are Grenson Ilkley's hiding anywhere online or in a store? Apparently they've been discontinued. I was originally going to get Tricker Maltons but I actually like the color and have heard better things about the Ilkley. A very thorough search showed only one store online still carrying and it's very possible they don't actually have it (I'm calling during business hours tomorrow).

Alternately, does anyone know of where to get Maltons cheaper than 225 pounds or another good alternative brogue boot with commando sole?

EDIT: Sorry if this has been answered (the thread search sucks), how much would it cost to put a commando sole on a pair of boots?

If you are in the US, then pediwear.co.uk is the best place for trickers as far as I know.

In my opinion, Trickers are far nicer than Grenson.

Should be around 100$ or less. Depends if you need to resole, if not way less.

I agree, go with the Tricker's. A notch above Grenson. If you have the dough I would recommend the C&J Skye.

The uppers are okay, but I have never been a fan of those clunky white soles on any shoes. Maybe on smaller guys they work(I still am not fan), but a size 13 in those would look gigantic.

That look forever reminds me of that mid 90s NY b-boy rapper thing with the ridiculously over sized pants, shoes, jackets, etc....

The uppers are okay, but I have never been a fan of those clunky white soles on any shoes. Maybe on smaller guys they work(I still am not fan), but a size 13 in those would look gigantic.

I like them, but I agree about the soles looking too clunky on larger feet. I am a size 12, and definitely worry about the overall boot size when making a purchase. Hopefully they'll get produced and some good fit photos will pop up before making any decisions. I will say that I feel these boots don't have quite the staying power of the classic Indy boot.

Since MOTOs are coming back up....I am looking to sell these MOTOs:

HB1-BK-FRONT.jpg

They are a size 2, which roughly translates into an 8.5~9 or 42. They are black and hand dyed, so they have wonderful glimpses of brown leather underneath the black dye. I have worn them gently, and will sell them for a couple hundred less than I paid.

Hi, I have a question.

yesterday I got my Brannock shoe device and there is an 11 in the length.

The width is shown on the picture.

What are you thinking about the size for alden indies? Actually I have one bought here in Germany in 9,5E - you get only E here - its like 'fits all'. I use an innersole and the fit is OK.... but not perfect.

Thanks,

Marc

not sure about those new Alden 'RW-look-a-like' models. I do however like this hand finished chromexcel Alden boot (middle boot); I hope they will release it soon.

dsc_0051.jpg?w=481&h=214

From left to right: Chromexcel Indy (403), Classic Indy (405), Hand-Finished Chromexcel Boot, and a Moc Toe Boot in Walnut "Utica" (x2)

picture from http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/02/01/not-so-plain-toe-blucher/

Hi, I have a question.

yesterday I got my Brannock shoe device and there is an 11 in the length.

The width is shown on the picture.

What are you thinking about the size for alden indies? Actually I have one bought here in Germany in 9,5E - you get only E here - its like 'fits all'. I use an innersole and the fit is OK.... but not perfect.

Thanks,

Marc

you bought a brannock shoe device (didn't know they had a name, makes sense, though) for personal use? if so, baller.

Since MOTOs are coming back up....I am looking to sell these MOTOs:

They are a size 2, which roughly translates into an 8.5~9 or 42. They are black and hand dyed, so they have wonderful glimpses of brown leather underneath the black dye. I have worn them gently, and will sell them for a couple hundred less than I paid.

Got measurments? Whatcha asking?

docbonus,

the brannock showed 12C, so I got a 12C. fit is perfect.

but, in your case that would mean a 11C, if your length and pictured width measurements are correct. i doubt that, as it does not compute with the rest of your statement (see 9.5E).

how much space do you have from your big toe to the tip in the 9.5E?