Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

if you want brown in the heel, i think you can just take very high grit sand paper to the edge dressing. i saw a picture where someone had just sanded off the black on a pair of engineers and it looked pretty good.

The boots you are talking about may be my Real McCoy's Buco's.

Just out of the box:

BUCO1.jpg

Sanded with only one coat of brown shoe polish edge. They look much better now after a couple of coats of polish and normal wear.

P1050694.jpg

wowzers. prices and do you have any info, im assuming you do. i think im leaning to the whites

I am in the market for a pair of boots.

I am considering the Context Roy boots, a pair of semi-dress or if someone has something in shell in a size 9 they want to sell, I would be interested.

My current collection is:

C&J Skye

Trickers Wetherby

Alden indies

White's bounty hunters

Red wing 1911

Alden #8 shell shoes

Help me with this tough decision.... or offer me your shell boots.

I am considering the Context Roy boots, a pair of semi-dress or if someone has something in shell in a size 9 they want to sell, I would be interested.

C&J Skye

Trickers Wetherby

Alden indies

White's bounty hunters

Red wing 1911

Alden #8 shell shoes

Not shell, but I am trying to sell a pair of MOTOs in your size.

I'm glad someone mentioned Alden because I've forgotten about them. How about the AF85 or AF84? You can see pictures on the Alden of Carmel web site. Might just be what you're looking for

I owe you rep for this (again). I ended up getting some AF84's on ebay for a good chunk off of retail. It's a risk on the sizing but I still feel pretty damn good about it. I'm hoping to get them to the color pictured on the Alden site or black cherry color.

Here are the wolverine 1000 miles I've been wearing since november. They've had a couple treatments with Obenauf's.

4338268183_ce2e97ce6c_o.jpg

And just today i picked up a pair of redwing 875s for a steal. Only $160+tax. Very excited to break them in.

4339011238_a5a9920f0c_o.jpg

C&J Skye

Trickers Wetherby

Alden indies

White's bounty hunters

Red wing 1911

Alden #8 shell shoes

Trickers makes an interesting boot called the Herman, in shell. Idk how easy they are to find. Might be something to consider.

Pic (not mine)

trickersherman.jpg&action=rotate

Thought I would tap into the fountain of knowledge here. So I got my wedding coming up in June and I need to find a nice pair of black boots. They have to be dressy and I prefer a leather sole. I am definitely thinking something in a black shell from Alden, but am open to others. The problem is that I don't typically wear black shoes, but I don't want these to be only for the wedding. I hope to work these into the rotation.

First off, congratulations! Secondly, I believe any black Derby boot with a single leather sole will do. Or if you want to go with the Oxford boot, go with a double leather sole to offset the dainty lacing stay.

Lately, I've been digging some Rider Boot Co. boots. I just got this basic derby from Leffot. But check out these MTO balmorals.

Maybe not as elegant as EG's but its better for my wallet. You definitely can work those in with denim, but maybe not with a big cuff.

well I guess it all depends on what you're wearing above the boots...?

I think if you can get away with cowboy boots only if you wear a 10 gallon hat...

I'd say got with shoes if it's you getting married, if it's someone else's wedding and you're just showing up.. then go with boots.

Are you wearing a tuxedo or suit or something else....?

oh, congratulations by the way!

When I got married a few years back I bought some black boots. Like you I wanted something that looked fine with a suite that I could also wear casually. I ended up buying a pair of kangaroo leather chelsea boots from Hugo Boss. Basically looked like a Beatle boot without the cuban heel(which I'm not a fan of). I thought they looked pretty good and I still wear them when I'm in the mood for a "mod" look.

I think if I had to do it all over again, I would probably snag a black shell boot pair of Aldens or one of those Alden Indys in black from epaulet. The Indy probably doesn't go as well with suits, but it's a nice excuse to buy a beautiful boot. One other recommendation is a nice chukka boot. I have a brown pair on leather soles made by MOMA that I bought years back that is amazingly versatile. If I could find a black pair, I would snag them in a hearbeat. I think Alden makes a leather chukka too.

Congratulations!