Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

they have some larger sizes in the USMC boondockers rough out boots.

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/usmcfield.html

scroll down to the bottom. they're $150

I will vouch for their service and the quality of their product.

I don't know how they compare quality wise with wwiiimpresions, but I bought a pair of roughouts from what price glory http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=667&bc=no applied sno-seal and am very happy with them.

It seems that some of white's is going to be built with a single row welt from this year.

is there any functional diffrence between double row welt and single row welt?

I always thought that double row welt is characteristic of white's and wesco.

Well, from a logical standpoint, I think the more stitching, the better the shoe is at being water resistant. However, I think that has more to do with how the welt is applied to the shoe.

Most cowboy boots that have double welt stitching are welted like a traditional welted shoe, except with two rows of stitching. This is probably mostly for aesthetics.

Traditional single stitch:

RiderSW.jpg

Double stitch:

westernDBW.jpg

westernDBW2.jpg

Then there's what Wesco and White's do which is called a reverse welt, where instead of turning the upper inside, it is turned outside where the welt is attached to this part. This eliminates the channel where water would usually seep through. This method has many variations and names, sometimes using a two piece welt and also a braid stitch.

Reverse welt:

wesoDBW.jpg

I would think that a 360 reverse double stitched welt is probably the most water resistant, but so is a rubber sole superglued to the upper, ala Timberland, which is probably one of the most waterproof boots I have ever worn.

jstavrin- Yes, would love to see some shots looking down next to the regular SD last sometime. Also, how do they feel compared to the regular last?

I'm thinking of ordering another pair of SD in chromexcel one of these days and can't decide if I'll stick with the standard SD last or go with this new one to give it a try.

Those look great, I'd like to see some side by side with your bountyhunters so we can see the differences in the last.

Eventually (next year?) I will get a semidress and get rid of my last redwings.

Thanks, I'll certainly be taking some comparison shots when I get them back.

Good call on the Red Wing replacement. With these I'm finally able to phase out my black GTs.

For those that have custom-ordered Semi-Dress from Whites...

Is it possible to get a slightly lower-profile box heel? The stock photos I've seen the heel appears just a tad too high for my tastes.

Check out Baker's site. They're photo of the SD on the new last should show what you're looking for. You can get them with a block heel now.

Quick shot of my White's SD on new last (Americana/Swing) that arrived a few days ago. I'm about to take them to Eddie's for a half sole. Expect more pictures then.

photo.jpg

How do these compare with the regular Semi-dress?

Did you size them the same?

Can we see more pics from different angles??

How do these compare with the regular Semi-dress?

Did you size them the same?

Can we see more pics from different angles??

As I said, more pictures are coming once I get them back. I sized the same, although these feel a bit tighter, but that may just be due to the fact that they're new (and leather lined). And I should mention that my other pair of White's are Bounty Hunters, which may slightly effect the sizing.