Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My apologies for the shitty pictures. I just got off work and I can't be bothered to go outside again. I'll probably post better pictures of the black SD once they're more worn in. Anyway:

New last SD vs. Old Last (Bounty Hunters)(new last)(original)

IMG_3325.jpg

I still love them both, but I think the newer last works better for the kind of boot I wanted with this pair. The toe is slightly wider on the new last.

D'you get the Cat's Paw treatment from Eddie'?

Yeah, and their prices are pretty reasonable. Greg is a cool guy.

I've been meaning to go there for the past year and a half, but they are about 1.5 to 2 hours away. Do you recommend I call before hand to see if they have any Cat's Paw available or just show up? How much does a Cat's Paw sole/heel job run? Just trying to weigh the options of Eddie's or Hukurokuju in Japan.

Edit: I imagine this voids any future rebuild from Whites?

re Eddie's Shoe Repair and Cat Paws, I just had a pair of Wesco Boss boots resoled with full Cat Paws. Ran me $150. I thought that was expensive when he quoted me. Then I got them back. Wow, worth the money. I will post pics in the next few days.

"Few days?" You're killin' us here. So did you go there in person or via mail? They had the Cat's Paws in stock or did ya have to BYOCP?

eddie's has them in stock and it usually only takes a couple of days.

DPP_0081.jpg

DPP_0082.jpg

what kind of engineers are those?