Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Lando, was Brett (Viberg) there?

Looking all GQ and shit.

Quick question on Alden Indy sizing. I'm confused as to what they mean by half size smaller. Do they mean half size smaller than your usual sneaker size or your usual dress shoe size? I'm an 8.5 in Red Wings ,Grensons, most dress shoes (that I've tried). Would I need an 8? Thanks for the help.

Quick question on Alden Indy sizing. I'm confused as to what they mean by half size larger. Do they mean half size larger than your usual sneaker size or your usual dress shoe size? I'm an 8.5 in Red Wings ,Grensons, most dress shoes (that I've tried). Would I need an 8? Thanks for the help.

Go with your redwing sizing... I've heard they size the same way as redwings

http://www.azsaddledoc.com/

i dont know if people know of this shop, but they have cat's paw heels and soles and dont cost 300 for everything. would it be a bad idea to have my pretty new indys heeled just for cosmetics?

Do it baby…

alden09c.jpg

that color is pretty nice too, is it the one that has cordovan in it?

dammit, now im super tempted.

300 in arizona? just send it to okuyama in japan im sure its going to be the same amount!

check this out!

http://www.rjb.jp/modules/pro/index.php?content_id=18

im broke man haha. in arizona its only 70$ plus 7.50 for the heels and how ever much the sole is, so under 125 total and they must do an ok job, the cowboys would kill them otherwise :P

i would keep the 'scratches" give the boots some wear and give them character. By far the best boots with age are either RedWing Boots or Alden Boots. I've had my RedWing Boots for four months and they are amazingly comfortable and look great with a almost a vintage-like worn look.

i would keep the 'scratches" give the boots some wear and give them character. By far the best boots with age are either RedWing Boots or Alden Boots. I've had my RedWing Boots for four months and they are amazingly comfortable and look great with a almost a vintage-like worn look.

I just wish those scratches would've come from me having actually DONE something....instead of just walking up individually separated concrete stairs :o

the leather is incredibly soft though, so even when i placed my jeans on top and a button grazed the side it left a scratch mark. i just dont want to pretty soon have a pair of boots with all sorts of random light colored lines all over em

agreed.i had far worse scratches on my 9010,and they are not noticeable at all,blended perfectly in after some wear.

I just wish those scratches would've come from me having actually DONE something....instead of just walking up individually separated concrete stairs :o

the leather is incredibly soft though, so even when i placed my jeans on top and a button grazed the side it left a scratch mark. i just dont want to pretty soon have a pair of boots with all sorts of random light colored lines all over em

a coat of polish will help the leather stand up better to scratches.

and the pecard's should work fine for darkening up the scratches.

that happens to my boots every now and than.believe me,it doesnt hurt after a while.its with new cars,first scratch hurts most.

a quick word about the ridersroom homepage:

sven will update his site soon,the last was about 2006 or so,all the annyversary-models some people pmed me about are long gone.

hes just not very handy with computers,you know.:o

erk would you say that KIWI brown polish is good stuff, or is there something else worth going the extra mile to get

Kiwi should be fine. I use it on my 405s with great results. I like to balance oiling and polishing cause too much oiling will make the leather scratch easily.

just go light on the polish.

im broke man haha. in arizona its only 70$ plus 7.50 for the heels and how ever much the sole is, so under 125 total and they must do an ok job, the cowboys would kill them otherwise :P

you just said its 300 on the link you posted how ol dare you 75?

and so thanks to the Albersons near campus, i was able to come back with a tin of brown kiwi shoe polish. I am happy to say that the "scratches" have practically disappeared (almostnice is probably disappointed as he reads this) and i am now waiting on it to dry so i can give them a good buff. thanks everyone!