Levi's Vintage Clothing

I have 2 pairs of 1915s, a raw pair from 2010 and a worn pair from 2009 (first run) I think. Both are similar, dark, slightly streaky lightweight denims - both very nice. The 2010 run might have a slightly darker black-blue inky hue but other than that they are very similar. I'd expect the 2015 to be along these lines.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the store to measure a pair of 34 and they said they measure 17.5, I wonder if I should size up to a 36?

This is the one thing I hate about LVC, not that cone denim shrinks but the shrinkage varies over different denims and LVC have very little real product info. feels very much like guess work.

Maynard: the ones you are seeling (2010) model appears to be made to allow for the shrinkage?

Do you know if the denim used on the 2015 model is a new denim? It's described as being procuded specifically for this collection (handshake).

cool_hand:

I ow the current 2015 version of the 1915 and would guess it´s a new denim, kind of slubbier and more hairy than all other denim

that have come across by LVC in the last years, but also really lightweight and of a brighter shade, but it makes sense since the originals were made of 9z denim.

I´ve been to a LVC sample sale in Berlin in december to see these lovely updatet 1890s jeans and jackets.

http://www.heddels.com/2015/08/liberty-fairs-las-vegas-spring-summer-16-roundup-pt-1/

Cone is doing a good job in recent times, allthough back in the days denim was made by Amoskeag.

LVC heads!  i need some info on these LVC 1947 501 rigid jeans.  the one with the watch pocket rivets.  how much do they shrink?  i am thinking of getting a pair in a size 34.  will they stretch back to its original waist size?  any helpful information is much appreciated.  cheers!

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can possibly help me identify this odd pair of '70s Levi's I found at a thrift store the other day. They appear to be deadstock. The odd thing is that they have a white tab with blue writing (small e), and these eye-shaped decorative leather patches incorporated into the back pockets, which I've never seen or heard of anywhere before. I haven't been able to find any information online. Thanks so much for your time!

IMG_20160129_161104.jpg  IMG_20160129_161114.jpg  IMG_20160129_161130.jpg  IMG_20160129_161141.jpg  IMG_20160129_161149.jpg

IMG_20160129_161210.jpg  IMG_20160129_161216.jpg  IMG_20160129_161257.jpg  IMG_20160129_161322.jpg  IMG_20160129_161330.jpg

as far as i can tell these are legit, white tabs had been introduced already in the 60s and are nothing special. they occured up to the mid 90s. the denim is pretty need, but thats all. sorry to tell but these aren´t very valuable collectors jeans. but overall an interesting piece that tells what Levi's tried to be fashionable back in the days.

Anyone have info on the above jeans? Sorry if it's inappropriate to bump this.

Sorry, I know you emailed me but I've been busy! These are indeed legit; no-one would bother to fake something so bizarre! I like them but don't think they're worth a lot. I do have a guide to some of the obscure lot numbers but haven't had chance to look this out. THe normal SF207 is a conventional flared jean, orange tab, but the white tab aren't documented as well.  It's possible these are Canadian-made jeans, as there were some weird ones in the ealry-mid 70s with similar 2-horse patches.