Levi's Vintage Clothing

Anyone seen any previews of the 09 Fall collection??? Details???

And a very interesting looking pair of 1915 501 cone colaberation. I've heard that both cone and LVC wen't through the archives and really have gone out of their way to get this one right. We'll see but I think I'm in.

Hey Dejan,

Are you going to be getting in any of the LVC 1915 or 333 raw jeans? Thanks!

Hi Ben,

I’m Dirk. Dejan is out of office for a week, so I answer your question instead.

We’ll get the LVC 1915 in August. You can ask us in August again. normally we would contact you when the stuff arrives, but it will be better if you ask us in August once again.

Have a great day and all the best

Dirk

So there you go...

Those 1915s look sweet...

I'm going to e-mail Dejan right now and order a pair.

Yes, those 1915s are real gems. I'm going to get two pair if they offer my size. Btw Airfrog, you're right, I sent an email request to Cultizm and received a response w/in a couple of hours. Although they didn't have what I'm looking for, they were very professional and helpful. I can't believe I put myself through so much misery during the past 2 yrs trying to deal direct with Levi's and their incompetent customer service. From now on I'm buying from Dejan's Cultizm. And thanks for posting Dejan's direct email, it will come in handy in August when I place my order for the 1915. Cheers!

Are those LVC Japan?

Just wondering because the buttons are differrent.

My guess is that those 333s are made in Japan. The patch lacks the authentic detail and colour of the broken raw versions I've seen posted -- it just looks like crap. Based on the LVC JP '44s I had, LVC made in Japan are low quality, overrated and are not worth the high price. JMHO...

Yes, those 1915s are real gems. I'm going to get two pair if they offer my size. Btw Airfrog, you're right, I sent an email request to Cultizm and received a response w/in a couple of hours. Although they didn't have what I'm looking for, they were very professional and helpful. I can't believe I put myself through so much misery during the past 2 yrs trying to deal direct with Levi's and their incompetent customer service. From now on I'm buying from Dejan's Cultizm. And thanks for posting Dejan's direct email, it will come in handy in August when I place my order for the 1915. Cheers!

I can't say I've ever had BETTER customer service anywhere. Dejan always gets right back to me and has great prices and excellent delivery. Actually faster than any body. I get stuff faster from him than I do from the US and I live in the US. I think these 1915s are really going to be special. I'm glad there not available now cause I still got some wear'n to do on my 1917s. I will give'm a soak maybe late Aug early Sept. That'll be close to 6 months.

. ...I still got some wear'n to do on my 1917s. I will give'm a soak maybe late Aug early Sept. That'll be close to 6 months.

Yeah those 17's of yours are developing nicely. I too have found that by not giving them an initial soak for at least 6 mo.s, rigid/raw denim takes on a unique look over time that you just can't get if you wash 'em first. It molds to the body much better, holds creases (thereby creating much sharper and varied fading marks), don't stretch (no goofy knee knob impressions from kneeling and bending), are not prone to snags and abrasions and hold up better long term w/out washing.

I always thought the Jap made LVCs are more authentique...at least what I've read on here. But overpriced? Yes! Like the most of the denim we buy

With Japan its just like LVC US, some are good, some aren't. The recent interest (past year or so) that cone has taken in making the correct weight and weave for the different years being produced has made some of the US LVCs pretty disireable and the older 20s 201s, 1905 209 coveralls the 1911 333s, the 55 501s and the 1917s are all as good'a repros as you'll find anywhere.

Do you think there will be changes in the '47 next year? In many online stores it is sold out and i am wondering what could be made more autenticly than today.

Can't hurt to hope. They are popular but the 1947s are not one of LVCs finer repros. Actually I think they (LVC) fixed some of the sizing issues this season.

I always thought the Jap made LVCs are more authentique...at least what I've read on here. But overpriced? Yes! Like the most of the denim we buy

Which one do you think is more authentic?

33300-0001_1012.jpg?t=1247175579

EU/USA (?) Broken Raw Version.

11333-0001b212.jpg?t=1247175577

Japanese Rigid version.

The EU/USA version has an authentic antiquated look.

The Japanese version looks ghastly -- hell, some kid could've done a better job with a finger painting kit. LOL!

Interesting, the Japanese often get the details better. The patch on the Japanese version looks to be in the wrong location, too.

Original, for comparison sake. Like loads of originals, the wear is much mroe general and low contrast. I love the sizing on these: 33 x 33 (Amazong navy jacket too)

PictureofChucksVintage001.jpg

P8230008a.jpg

Levis Lot 333

definitely LVC Japan, if you're looking for a close repro then i guess the purple stitching might just scream sacrilege, but after looking at what's on offer on Hanon, looks like i'm going to get the 1915 raws instead.

airfrog - i'm a true 32/33 (80cm), is a W34 broken raw 333 too big for me?

Are those LVC Japan?

Just wondering because the buttons are differrent.