Levi's Vintage Clothing

heads up for london folk.

the three threads in shoreditch is having a closing down sale so there's 50-80% off everything. still a few lvc left, mainly 47s in smaller sizes but a handful of other sizes/styles still available.

this is in-store only, the website has gone. the shop will re-open as an edwin flagship store and may offer a hemming service with union specials.

peace

Best fitting jeans I've had yet over any of the jap brands I've bought

probably my best fitting too. mine are sized up 1" so they fit me a little bigger than cheap is wearing his. amazing this model 501 gets so little attention here. it's probably the best introductory model (fit wise) for someone looking to get into LVC, and the denim isn't bad.

Interesting to peek into the LVC thread for the first time in a while and see '66s being discussed. I just stumbled into a pair of 66s from Roden Gray's sale. I've actually never tried on any LVCs but decided to snag the last pair of sale LVCs they had, which happened to be 66s in size 29. Given that I'm usually 30-31 in standard Levi's, I was stunned to discover that (raw) these 66s have about 1-1.5" of space in the waist. Thanks to Cheap for an idea of what I can expect for the post-soak fit. I have a couple friends willing to take them off my hands if I so decide, but I'm thinking I'll give them a couple hot soaks and see how I feel about the fit, and go from there.

Paper tag and lack of hidden rivets is a bit of a bummer though. (Although I'm sure that's all authentic for the style/year)

yep, those details are correct. look forward to fit pix. will be surprised if you part with them after they've been shrunk.

The only 'incorrect' detail IMO is the flatish arcs.

Although there were many variations, I'm suprised Lvc decided to go with arcs that wouldn't look out of place on mid eighties 501's.

Saying that, they should get more love here now, which cant be a bad thing.

Although there were many variations, I'm suprised Lvc decided to go with arcs that wouldn't look out of place on mid eighties 501's.

Saying that, they should get more love here now, which cant be a bad thing.

there's a few other items---- the lvc 66 is missing the v-stitch, the taper going from the thighs to cuff seem a little exagerated with originals being a little tighter in the thighs with a more subtle taper. the denim was a little different also. darker, almost black and hairy. Edited by colgems1966

They might be a little extreme for 60s 501s, but the combination of the arcs and pocket shape is definitely one of the details I like about the 66s. And the rounded rivets on the front.

How much different is the cut of a 66 501 to a 67 505. I have a pre washe 66 in a 33 waist which fit great but eyeing up a 34 waist in the 67 in the sales

The main difference is the 67 505 are sanforized, so will not shrink at all (trust me, I've tried this), so buy your exact size. Also they are slimmer fitting in the thigh area than the 66 501 (the 66's are looser on the thigh and more tapered from the knee down. Lastly, the 505 has a sort of higher rise in the back of the waist. Wouldnt Paul t's 501 visual guide help?

Interesting to peek into the LVC thread for the first time in a while and see '66s being discussed. I just stumbled into a pair of 66s from Roden Gray's sale. I've actually never tried on any LVCs but decided to snag the last pair of sale LVCs they had, which happened to be 66s in size 29. Given that I'm usually 30-31 in standard Levi's, I was stunned to discover that (raw) these 66s have about 1-1.5" of space in the waist. Thanks to Cheap for an idea of what I can expect for the post-soak fit. I have a couple friends willing to take them off my hands if I so decide, but I'm thinking I'll give them a couple hot soaks and see how I feel about the fit, and go from there.

Paper tag and lack of hidden rivets is a bit of a bummer though. (Although I'm sure that's all authentic for the style/year)

Check this, buddy:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/113323-66-diary-lvc-vs-sugar-canes/

anyone gotten a recent 1955 501 from cultizm? I'm wondering how oversized the waist measurement is. I've got a 33 from last year that was about 34.5 raw. I think I need a 35-36 raw.

Erk, I had a pair of 2010 55's in a tagged size 34/34 (not from cultizm mind), but they measured 35.5/33, so had to sell them on.

The arcs were awfull - looked like they were stitched on by a blind monkey!

anyone gotten a recent 1955 501 from cultizm? I'm wondering how oversized the waist measurement is. I've got a 33 from last year that was about 34.5 raw. I think I need a 35-36 raw.

I had a pair of 2010 55. Tagged 33 w 36 leg but measured 34 w 35 leg post soak they shrunk to a 32 waist and 33.5 leg. Had to sell on as the waist shrinkage was nuts compared to all my other lvc could get them on and there is no way they'd stretch out back to a 34

dammit. I dont know what to do.

the measurements I got for a 34 from cultizm were 35" at the waist

for the 36 they say 37. So I'm thinking these measure 36 and 38 respectively if measured the b.i.g. way. So I think I need to go for the 34w.

sorry for shitting up these threads with these questions. I don't wanna get screwed again. thanks for the input guys.

dammit. I dont know what to do.

the measurements I got for a 34 from cultizm were 35" at the waist

for the 36 they say 37. So I'm thinking these measure 36 and 38 respectively if measured the b.i.g. way. So I think I need to go for the 34w.

sorry for shitting up these threads with these questions. I don't wanna get screwed again. thanks for the input guys.

Call the San Francisco shop (or Meatpacking or Malibu), they can tell you where current 55s are at. I asked cultizm a few months ago about some jeans and the sizing info they were giving just didn't sound right. They were saying 1 to 1 1/2" over measurement on the models I was asking about, but everything I'm hearing here is more like 2" and in some cases 3".

Call the San Francisco shop (or Meatpacking or Malibu), they can tell you where current 55s are at. I asked cultizm a few months ago about some jeans and the sizing info they were giving just didn't sound right. They were saying 1 to 1 1/2" over measurement on the models I was asking about, but everything I'm hearing here is more like 2" and in some cases 3".

thats an excellent idea. thanks setterman. I'll do that tomorrow.