Levi's Vintage Clothing

Yeah, there's been half a dozen pairs or so going for around this price. Although in my mind, they're not vintage - I suppose I am not suprised at the increasing value.

I am. These are really pretty horrible jeans... I honestly prefer even 90s Kaihara Lees, or LVC, to those. I was shocked when I got £140 for an old washed out pair I bought for £18, but these...

yea,

I wont be selling these, as I sold too much of what I've loved in the past, denim-wise. I only sell what doesn't fit

Plus they came to me via a friend, and If I didn't wear them at somepoint, I would let him down.

p.s. BGB - please check your pm's! :)

i'd be pissed for sure.

When i bought them, you said this

It's great they're staying 'local'.

I look forward to seeing these being worn in. Will you try and keep washing to a minimum and see if they're capable of a high-contrast fade, or will you adopt the authentic late 70s washing cycle?

THey're lovely jeans and that shape is pretty contemporary, today. As I'm sure you know, they're pre-skewed so you get no leg twist, so they're quite a unique take on the 501 vibe - jeans that mark the end of an era.

Change of mind perhaps?

Edited by Dr_Heech

So my new 1955s are in. Overall I think they're pretty awesome. I love the fabric, the fit/silhouette is realy cool and classic, the construction looks to be dead on, and the pockets look really nice.

however, the buttons look horrible. the cheapest looking I've seen. definitely not what you'd come to expect on a 250 dollar pair of jeans. the rivets look nice and this time are copper backed rather than silver.

although the fly buttons look cheapo, the backs look pretty cool. more like what i've seen on originals, kinda domed looking.

my other gripe is an old one. I wish they used nicer thread. The thread roy slaper uses is really nice and doesn't look shiny and plastic. the thread used on these is a little hairy, but still quite shiny. Something I still notice on my 1937s.

19551.jpg

edit : replaced horrible iphone photo. and here are some measurements

Waist - 36

upper thigh - 12.5

knee - 9.75

front rise - 12.75

back rise - 16

hem - 8.5

inseam - 35.25

Edited by erk

the new hardware i'm sure is deliberately made to rust and give a vintage look. the problem is it begins to rust from day one and has a faux look to it. i have the new hardware on a pair of 47's. it's not a deal breaker for me but i prefer the older buttons.

very hefty. they felt pretty heavy before the soak but you could feel the fabric tighten up about a minute or so after they were in the water. wish they would hurry up and dry.

What tag size did you go for in the end and how much have they shrunk? The ones I had shrunk too much in the waist and i couldn't do them up post soak which was disapointing

What tag size did you go for in the end and how much have they shrunk? The ones I had shrunk too much in the waist and i couldn't do them up post soak which was disapointing

They basically shrunk to tagged size. So they went from 36-34. They are tagged 34x36

not even dry yet and the cheapo buttons are already rusting.

I wonder if your water has something to do with it? I see various models of Japanese jeans developing rust, but none of my MIJ jeans or LVC have, including my '22s which have fairly cheap buttons on them. Only pair that have come close are my Warehouse 1001XX which got a little oxidation on the back of the waist button and I assumed that was from sweat.

the new buttons are chrome plated

I believe previous buttons were nickel plated and that they've had to drop this due to issues with nickel being poisonous.

Edit: sorry if this bugs you, no-svg, I merely report, I don't condone! x

Edited by Paul T

Nickel is toxic, and science knew this more than 15 years ago. That means LVC does not "improve" their products quickly enough...

IMO, LVC did not think about this issue. At least, it was not the main reason for changing material.

Edited by no-svg