Levi's Vintage Clothing

There are two factors: shrinkage and real size compared to tagged size. Real size of 47's raw is somewhat smaller than tagged size; real size of this seasons 44's is considerably larger than tagged size. In addition 47's shrink more than 44's. Buy 47's oversized, 44's undersized.

please don´t say "real" size, infact nearly every jean is tagged smaller than they are,

if you measure a w32 tagged jean, these measure actually 34inch, sometimes I guess

the denim companys want to flatter us customers with smaller sizes.

please don´t say "real" size, infact nearly every jean is tagged smaller than they are,

if you measure a w32 tagged jean, these measure actually 34inch, sometimes I guess

the denim companys want to flatter us customers with smaller sizes.

True, but he's right about LVC, in that 1947 501s are made slightly undersize, and most of the looser fits are made slightly oversize.

Edit; a 34 waist 1947 is likely to measure around 33 inches. My 32 inch waist 201s measure around 33inches; the 1901s and 1933s are similarly bigger than tagged. (this doesn't apply to washed jeans, though.)

True, but he's right about LVC, in that 1947 501s are made slightly undersize, and most of the looser fits are made slightly oversize.

okay yes, so you can say that the 47s run "really" true to tagged size aswell as the

1937 201xx wich are really much "undersized".

if anybodys interested, these are for sale at the bay, reasonable offers are welcome.

btw. those are a much better repros than those 606s from the actual season which are low rised.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320217621218

dsc01443ep7.jpg

many thanks dudes :)

What do you guys think about the 505? There isn't much discussion about them here...

I just bought a pair and I have to say I am quite disappointed whith them compared to my 501 '47 and '55s.

The denim looks a bit too shiny and it appears to be singed and it doesn't seam to be 14.5 OZ.

The inseam is really long, I bought them with an inseam of 34", but they are closer to 36" which means they are to long, so I think I will have to hem them.

The selvedge seam is really thin too, compared to some of the original Levi's Big E jeans that I have which looks stupid when I wear them with a cuff.

So my question is also, have any of you had the same experience or am I just unlucky?

I have to say that mine are quite new and not from the 555 era, unfortunately.

the lvc 505s had always been produced too long, I owned a 555 version and now

the actual, which is too long aswell but made of better denim, it´s japanese kaihara denim... I like mine really much, except of the too long inseam... btw. those don´t shrink in length when washed

Then I should have gotten them with a 32" inseam, though they would probably have been too short, which could have been cool enough. And I tried soaking them in the hope that they would shrink just an inch or two, but they didn't so you are absolutely right. They don't shrink.

Unfortunately I don't think I could get a them hemmed with chainstitch in Denmark...

they're not fakes.

they're the levis's engineered jeans from the first batch of engineered jeans sold mainly in asia, i own a pair. ;)

Well they have double needle arcuates, should be single, red pocket emblem didn't show up till 1936, and that whacky straight seam on the back so not LVC and no real year being represented.

Well they have double needle arcuates, should be single, red pocket emblem didn't show up till 1936, and that whacky straight seam on the back so not LVC and no real year being represented.

hi, maybe my reply to that is misleading.:)

what i'm trying to say is that this is a pair of levi's engineered jeans sold in asia, it definately isn't a pair of LVC and won't pass off as one.

the seller is obviously trying to confuse the buyers stating that its a 'vintage' pair of jeans.:)

this is a nice find I think; I guess on of the earliest european made levis from early 70s, the tab is a bit longer than usual, the same with pockets long and narrow. the hems are chainstitched, the zipper is from ideal, also I haven´t seen any levis with more slubs than those have, btw. it´s a 608 bell bottom

dsc01583oa4.jpg

dsc01585ea7.jpg